• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

News Reason For TNA Pushing Tapings Back, Update On Live Events

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
- We noted earlier this month that TNA's Bob Ryder confirmed on Twitter that the company had meetings about resuming live events in June. Despite those meetings, word is that a deal has not been reached to bring back touring yet.

- As noted, TNA has announced a live episode of Impact Wrestling for Friday, May 8th from Universal Studios. The reason they pushed the next set of tapings from April to May is so they could do that live episode. PWInsider notes that an impression was given that there may be somewhat of an overload and the frustrations that go along with that on the TNA production team due to so many long-standing employees leaving.

Source: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/0323/591637/reason-for-tna-pushing-tapings-back/

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Yep, touring will be great for TNA, especially if they can get more people watching. I have a feeling that they'll get live events back by the end of the year, and with the way TNA's product is improving, I'm sure they can get the funds necessary to advertise the live events and get a good attendance in.

Live Impact is going to be awesome. And it makes sense to wait, now we won't get another "oh shit Joe is gone but he doesn't get a proper send off and possibly a clean loss to Galloway (for example)" situation. Universal Studios, though, is lame. Good production values and 1000 is basically guaranteed but they get no money from people watching, unless they buy merchandise.