Raw's rating this week was.....

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Postman Dave

Reaction score
- Monday's episode of Raw did a 2.72 rating with 3.91 viewers, down 0.3 ratings points from last week. It is the lowest rating of the year and the lowest since September 12th of last year, when it went against Week One of the the 2011 NFL season. The show's viewership was more or less even from hour to hour with 3.92 million the first hour and 3.91 million the second.

The show ranked #4 among cable shows for the night behind the NBA Playoffs, Pawn Stars and Hatfields & McCoys Part One. The show was #3 among males 18-34 and #4 among males 18-49. As the one encouraging note, all demo ratings were basically even with last week meaning that the core audience that WWE seeks wasn't turned away.

The show was down from last year's Memorial Day show, which did a 3.07 rating and 4.69 million viewers.

411mania

I guess people really did miss Cena, huh?

Still, 3 hours should solve everything, right?

Max Lavoix

Reaction score
The kids love Cena and he helps the ratings for sure. Plus, the last few things he has done were good, so I wouldn't mind him getting more TV time.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I doubt John Cena had anything to do with the ratings for this week. Unless I missed it, I don't believe they advertized Cena not being on the show and a lot of the time he doesn't appear until the final quarter. So unless people were psychic and knew he wouldn't show up, no one knew he wouldn't be there so they certainly didn't skip the show because he wasn't on it... :lol:

Max Lavoix

Reaction score
Yes, but usually they advertise him at the beginning of the show, saying he will appear to address a situation, or to fight against someone.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Yes, but usually they advertise him at the beginning of the show, saying he will appear to address a situation, or to fight against someone.
Nah, a lot of the time he just appears, interrupting Johnny or whoever in the final segment.

Either way, not specifically promoting he had a thing for the main event doesn't mean he wasn't going to do something for the show so I doubt someone watched 5 minutes and was like "they didn't mentioned John Cena once in five mintues, I'm watching Law & Order instead"... :lol:

NovaRoad

Reaction score
Website
stillskystudio.com
I think there were non-Cena related factors involved with this rating. It was a holiday, Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals in the NBA, and the premier of the much-hyped Hatfields & McCoys miniseries (which broke records).