Raw Live Review

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I went to Raw last night like most of you heard. I was sitting 2nd row with my Yes shirt and it was a pretty surreal experience. People said they saw me on TV several times which is cool and pretty awesome. I'm doing the same thing as yesterday with a thumbs down or thumbs up to segments. Its easier that way and I can put more thought into it. I'm still hurting a bit from the Croatia loss to Spain if anyone watches the Euro Cup, you'll understand. I had lot of fun at live show even though their were segments that were killing me. People are asking me for pictures and I don't really take pictures. I might have taken two but its whatever. I'm close to the show and thats great but I'm not going to take fifty pictures. I'll post one picture though who was the highlight of the night.

19pf1d.jpg

Thumbs Down

So where is Dolph headed?

The show really started off good, I didn't groan about something until Vickie kissed Dolph. The last two nights Ziggler has gotten monster pops from what I've witnessed live. He's a great heel but it could be time to make him a face. He's got the athleticism and charisma that people are starting to get into him. People have the pink shirts now and I thought last night would have been perfect. I wasn't mad about it but it was enough to make me say this isn't right. With the lack of baby faces in the upper card, a turn here would have been great for Dolph. I'm not sure what happens at this point, but Dolph better win Money In The Bank. They could make Swagger a baby face but they'll need to do something drastic to make fans care about it because nobody gives a damn about Swagger these days based on how he's booked.

Girls really needed to have fun

The segment wasn't all to waste as we all know. I'm just not a fan of Lauper making her return even though she's a huge figure. I'm sure that she's a mega star and some people really liked her but I honestly had zero interest. It was nice to look at Layla who still gets no reaction as a champion. It was pretty rough to see them talk then you had Heath Slater come out which was even more ridiculous. Heath did a decent job at getting heat but he still annoys me a lot. The singing made me want Jillian Hall to show up and shut him up which is even worse! The segment was brutal for all the stupid bickering and hearing I'm one man band!! Thankfully a legend showed up and it was saved which will go in thumbs up column

Tag team confusion

So the four teams battle it out at No Way Out for number one contender at a tag team shot but they don't get it next night? It was the perfect night to use Kofi Kingston and Zach Ryder as a team but they completely botched. The "We Want Ryder" chants were pretty loud through out the night and I felt bad that Zach didn't come on. Even though he beat my boy Drew McIntyre, it sucks that Zach can't even get on over things like this. The match was short but the booking made no sense. Then we are supposed to see Epico and Primo as faces now? Two heel vs heel matches were pretty odd tonight and the ending was shoddy as expected. The one positive was seeing Rosa live which was awesome. Other than that, nothing made sense on how they were turning Epico and Primo along with why weren't the number one contenders facing Kofi and whoever his partner is (should be Ryder).

Main event why!

The main event that I was so dreading unless they were going to use Ryder or Brodus. Instead they confused everyone and had Big Show leaved which nobody cared about. Then we had the awful main event of seeing Otunga trying to face Cena. It was funny to see how much baby oil he uses in person but still this main event was awful. I'm not sick of Cena that much but they need to give him better opponents. I know the purpose was to beat up Big Johnny before he was gone but this was just boring. If only Cena had someone else to feud with, things would be better.

Lack of Foley

My one other gripe was that Foley didn't get much time despite being the host apparently. They gave him one segment and thats it? I'm not sure if I'm believing that Meltzer report about Triple H against Foley but it doesn't make sense to have him be the host and get only one segment. Long Island loves Foley for great reason and it was an awesome surprise to see him start off the show. Everyone was guessing Kevin Nash as the legend after he was teasing on twitter that he was running Raw. Still they should have given Foley more time because I'm pretty sure he said he was hosting both Raw and Smackdown this week.

Thumbs Up

Foley is here!

It was still a mark out moment to see Foley there. I've seen Foley once in my five shows of wrestling that I've been to. The guy gets a monster pop because people respect the hardcore legend and he's such a pleasant man. The opening segment was great overall with Big Johnny coming to the ring. I was one of maybe six people in my section clapping for Big Johnny. We were in a very family section which was a damn shame. The smarks could only afford the cheap seats it looks like. The best part of the segment was when Big Johnny yelled Have A Nice Day in Foley's face. His face was priceless, I'll miss Big Johnny if he's taken off television.

Tag Team action playa

The tag team match was great like you would expect. It was pretty standard but all four guys know how to work. Bryan was pretty over with the kicks even though my section really buzzkilled it. I was wearing the Yes shirt and they were saying No to me. The smarks really need to start putting money up and sitting on the floor for crying out loud. A.J making an appearance was pretty funny and that attire was super hot. I wish we got to see another segment of A.J but we all know how important that 80's female legend is! Still good work from all four men to get the show going.

Swagger see ya later

I loved the backstage segment where Dolph completely owns Swagger then they finally get the match. I know people will say to me that they should have done it at a PPV to do the split but at this point when could you do it? They needed Dolph for the WHC title match and no way they'll do it at Money In The Bank. Even with little build up, I didn't mind it despite being nothing. Now Dolph is finally away from Swagger and doesn't have to be in pointless tag team matches.

Heyman > The Chaperone

The appearance of Paul Heyman was the highlight of the show. I went to ECW One Night Stand in 2005 and the shoot that Heyman did was the craziest thing I've ever witnessed. After that day, I wanted to see Heyman one day return where I could see him live. He appeared and I started doing the bowing motion towards him. ECW chants weren't that loud which was a shame but Heyman still cut a great promo. He still shows so much fire and passion into his promos that you always believe its a shoot. Triple H did a nice job here and I actually enjoyed him which is rare since I hate Triple H as a face. It was a well worked segment all around and the punch was pretty awesome too. I didn't see it coming and the way Heyman sold it was priceless. When the show went to commercial, Heyman's faces were hysterical and he was selling it perfectly.

Ricardo armbreaker

I didn't care for the quick squash match with Del Rio and Santino. It was pretty odd that Del Rio is back now after being out with a concussion. He couldn't wrestle last night? I'm not sure what the deal is but the Ricardo arm breaker was hilarious. I still wish Santino would defend his U.S title against legit competition but I've given up hope on the U.S title. At least the I.C title is still going strong!

Chris Jericho return video

Jericho gets a spot here because he's my favorite wrestler ever and he's coming back next week. Thank god, I've missed Jericho this past month badly. Based on the video package I saw, he might be a face when he comes back. If that's the case, I'll miss him screaming "ask him" when he locks in a submission. Other than that, nothing wrong with Y2J.

Roddy Piper can save anything

I got on my chair for Piper and started yelling regardless what security was telling me. It was a huge mark out moment even though I saw Piper last year when he beat The Miz. Piper was funny as usual and he's still someone that can get the crowd going. He didn't fully save the segment that seemed to go way too long but at least it was a great legend to make his return. I wish he smashed a coconut on the back of Slater's head but glass will still do. Slater was legit bleeding though which was pretty serious.

The show had a hot beginning and it was really doing well until after the Heyman segment. The main event was awful and dark match was Big Johnny getting beat up. Ryder got to beat up Big Johnny then of course Triple H got to come down here and do his thing. It was a funny ending but I wished the show kept going strong. It was still fun to go since I'm 2nd row. The smarks were sitting in the 200's section sadly, while ten John Cena shirts surrounded my section. Well done to WWE but please keep Otunga away from main events.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I was actually kinda bummed to see Swagger get the boot. I just feel he can offer so much if WWE just uses him right. The comb-over was definitely setting him down the correct path of douchebaggery, I just hope this doesn't mean WWE has given up on him.

I also think Slater is starting out moderately well as a heel. He's definitely still far from reaching his potential and is still pretty green, but that "One Man Rock Band" gimmick can take him far if he uses it right. He needs to get into it more though, it feels too much like he's reciting script.

Yes, Heyman was awesome. Completely fucked Trips up on the mic.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Great review dude, and I absolutely agree with you on Cena. He is not the problem, I've became a Cena fan the last two years or so, he just needs better opponents to work with.

As for Slater, I'm not even gonna' lie, I popped when I heard his music play haha, just because I'm pretty sure that's the first time he ever got an entrance on Raw. I've never had a problem with Slater's ring work, he can put on at least a decent match with anyone, he's just got that annoying ass look and voice, but over the last few weeks he's got some good laughs out of me. Between "It's Slater Time!", him being Brodus's "Real competition" on Smackdown, and now this, the dude is hilarious.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I actually enjoying the Ziggler/Vickie segment. Ziggler is too damn good. So he gets cheered. This will give fans a reason to boo Ziggler, which the WWE wants. They don't want him face. Get over it. And if they were to make him face people would probably bitch that he needed to be heel. And no, he doesn't need Money in the Bank. Ziggler has proven he can get it done just by his talents. Someone like Swagger, Ryder, or Kingston needs Money in the Bank. Someone who has a lot of talent, but needs that little extra push to get them over. Just like Daniel Bryan.

The review was good, but it is sometimes so hard to read your stuff because your so bias. You trash anything that isn't "IWC" related.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Bias? I might be a little too harsh but I like wrestling and good promos. I'm not sure what you mean by isn't IWC related but I just call it how I see it. If you thought the segment with Slater singing and the celebrities was good, then have fun with that. Its cool whatever I shake it off, it's your opinion even though you never liked me. I could go on and on about how wrong your views are but I'm not. Daniel Bryan is an amazing wrestler, none of the three guys you mentioned are. Do you want another Jack Swagger winning MITB where he wins it then turns out to be a complete flop. The same can go for Mr.Kennedy as well. Zach Ryder for MITB, I love Zach but good lord no. The same thing for Swagger and Kofi, they simply don't have it right now. I can agree on that Dolph doesn't really need it but who else is capable enough of winning it? If Barrett is healthy then sure I'll like him to win it. Rhodes is the other guy that I want winning it as well. When you try to make your response , try not to come off not sounding like a dbag.

Swagger is very talented and nobody can deny that. I'm not really a Swagger fan but he can do some great things in the ring so I feel bad. The buzz about Swagger not doing much lately has gone back from Summer of 2010 when he got his title removed after being too arrogant around locker room. His attitude was poor so they dropped him off the main events. It sucks and I think he should be doing far more. WWE should have made him face when he was with Cole. When Cole made him look like a wimp, Swagger should have put him in the ankle lock and made him cry. He would have been a huge face similar to what Alex Riley did to Miz. They may be annoying heels but if you take a Swagger or Riley to beat up someone like Miz or Cole who's super hated, then you have a guy who could be super over. I know Riley was a bust but that's because he's not very good in the ring. Swagger can do it so hopefully they got something for him. I like for him to stay face because heel act is so stale but maybe he can prove something.

I was a bit too harsh on Slater if Tapout wants to talk about me being bias. I don't see it as being bias its just Slater was getting X-Pac heat before this. I actually enjoyed some of his stuff lately being a complete idiot, but that voice just bothers me. He has potential and if anything counts, they could make him a possible IC title contender against his former NXT pro Christian. If anyone can bring the best out of someone, its Christian. He somehow got good matches out of Ezekiel Jackson so Slater could do something going forward. I just think the segment went far too long when they could have used more time for Swagger vs Ziggler.

Thanks for praise guys, I might do more in the future it depends how schedule is. I don't want to make a commitment then fail on it. I used to Smackdown reviews for like five months then bailed on it so that sucked. We Are Legion will cover the PPV's he's doing an excellent job with that. I might be going to TLC in December which should be great and of course Mania. I love New York/New Jersey area.