RAW: June 26th, 2017 [Live Discussion]

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
@Jacob Fox, Is it difficult in any way being a Psychologist?

It depends. Being a psychologist is pretty vague, because you can be a therapist, a research psychologist, a forensics psychologist. Currently, I am a research psychologist and I research suicide for a Japanese college. Basically the majority of my work is translation, though, since I am a very rare research psychologist who is fluent in English and Japanese. My work is very, very heavy. It can sometimes be depressing and it can get me down quite a bit.

Being a therapist can be like that too. But it also depends on what branch of psychology you subscribe to. Psychodynamic psychologists rarely do much more than listen to their clients. Behaviorists work hard to change behavior without caring what caused the behavior. I am a cognitive behaviorist myself, which means that I study the parts of the brain and how they control behavior. But I also subscribe to psychodynamic theory, so for me I believe it is important to find out WHAT is causing the behavior and then use that plus behavioral therapy in order to help someone wholly.

I personally don't find the work itself difficult. Dealing with the problems of other people can sometimes cause you to lose a little bit of yourself though.

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Oh, Wow. I didnt know there were soo many levels of Psychologies. Its good that u u wanted to do that So that u can help ppl.