RAW January 26th, 2015 Live Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TheTNHMaster

George Bush doesn't care about black people.
Reaction score
wara.png

When:
United States: LIVE, Monday Night, January 27th, at 8/7c on the USA Network
United Kingdom: Tuesday Morning, January 28th, at 1AM on SkySportsHD3

Where:
XL Center
Hartford, CT

RAW Five-Point Review:
a8044196bf420f8e346fcf90fb2610fc.jpg

And we’re off. The Road to WrestleMania has begun in earnest and Roman Reigns is in the driver’s seat after outlasting 29 other Superstars to win his first Royal Rumble Match and punching his ticket to the WrestleMania main event. Joining him at The Show of Shows will be Brock Lesnar, whoretained his WWE World Heavyweight Title against both John Cena and Seth Rollins in a Triple Threat Match that very nearly cost The Beast the ultimate prize. With the WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match set for The Grandest Stage of Them All, who else will do battle at what is sure to be a sold out Levi’s Stadium?? WWE.com has five ideas how things might play out on tonight’s Raw.

1.The Ballad of Daniel Bryan:
955843dd3704b7d2768f1a47f4c5978d.jpg

For the second year in a row, Daniel Bryan left the Royal Rumble Match without a place in the WrestleMania main event, though he was felled this year by a far less convoluted series of events: Bray Wyatt threw him out. With The “Yes!” Man’s ‘Mania dreams dashed, how will his war with The Authority continue, and, does he have what it takes to maneuver his way back to The Show of Shows again?

2.The future is… soon:
74995d31e7607e71967c1b768489154e.jpg

Seth Rollins did not make good on his audacious lead-up to the Royal Rumble and walk out of Philly with Brock Lesnar’s World Title. That being said, the so-called Future of WWE put in a performance for the ages, and may well have cashed in his Money in the Bank contract on The Anomaly had he not suffered the fateful pinfall himself. The Authority shouldn’t take Rollins’ loss to heart, though: His ability and intelligence carried him to within an inch of the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, and it’s safe to say he’ll get right back on his horse tonight.

3.The Champ is... Where?:
rusev.png

Where Rollins’ path ahead is clear, however. John Cena’s is somewhat murkier. For the first time since last June, the 15-time World Champion is not orbiting the vicinity of record-tying title No. 16. So, “What’s next for John Cena” is a somewhat more difficult question to answer than usual. He does have one unlikely antagonist on his hands after a tense encounter at Royal Rumble Fallout on WWE Network, however: Rusev. Might The Hero of the Russian Federation have further words for the Cenation leader?

4.Simply Legendary:
d2e4db1b37af31b333d19ee496f312eb.jpg

Last time it was Sting. But this time, a different WWE Legend returned to protect The Authority’s enemy when The Rock stormed the ring to stop a two-on-one beating of Roman Reigns moments before The Big Dog officially won the Royal Rumble Match. The Great One saved his "family" and ensured Reigns’ triumph, but it’s clear that Superstars past and present have an issue with Triple H & Stephanie’s management style. Might another Legend take a stand against the corporate power?

5.Biggest dog in the yard:
38c41f2d51cfbc2629afa9a346049f47.jpg

So this is it: Roman Reigns and Brock Lesnar are officially on a collision course for WrestleMania, and the 2014 Superstar of the Year will need all the momentum he can get if he’ll truly unseat the reigning, defending, undisputed WWE Heavyweight Champion of the World. Before Roman gets to Brock, however, there’s the lingering matter of Big Show, whose grudge with the former WWE Tag Team Champion has not quite yet abated. Can Roman get past the giant and march toward The Beast in one piece? Or will the former World Heavyweight Champion dispose of his foe before WrestleMania arrives?​

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I think I'll watch, since where I'm at I can catch it on TV, not sure how that is a positive but I find it to be so.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This may be a good episode.

If they boo Reigns in Hartford, as well... Then their decision of having him as the Rumble winner is gonna bite 'em in the ass. Just like last year.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Looking forward to another quizzically booked show. Hope the crowd is antsy and not just a typical WWE/Cena/DB crowd that is indifferent about the rest of the roster

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Reigns and Rocky turning heel confirmed.

Seriously, though, boo Vince, not Roman. Roman isn't the chairman of WWE.

Last edited:

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score

I saw it. More awful "who is Reigns really" type booking. Like Stop has said ad nauseum, we have no reason to care about Reigns. Having Rock cut a promo and Reigns being like "tee hee thaz may cuzn"! does nothing for him.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
I saw it. More awful "who is Reigns really" type booking. Like Stop has said ad nauseum, we have no reason to care about Reigns. Having Rock cut a promo and Reigns being like "tee hee thaz may cuzn"! does nothing for him.
But won't we have a reason to care technically tonight when they have a promo-off?
I just hate the fact that people argue, "Oh, WWE same old shit, they never develop new stars!"
But once they do, they're like, "No, not Roman! We want Bryan!" who basically main-evented Wrestlemaia 30.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
But won't we have a reason to care technically tonight when they have a promo-off?
I just hate the fact that people argue, "Oh, WWE same old shit, they never develop new stars!"
But once they do, they're like, "No, not Roman! We want Bryan!" who basically main-evented Wrestlemaia 30.
WWE isn't creating a star with Roman, they are ruining a potential star.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
The Blizzard is Fucking with the LD, I believe this will have to be cancelled later when it's confirmed (which since production trucks are being packed up I think that's a possibility) :(

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Awesome news, fellas!

- The Lucha Underground twitter account announced that the El Rey Network will be airing two episodes of Lucha Underground tonight, starting at 8:30 eastern. The company is looking to capitalize off of fans who were expecting to see new in-ring action on Raw.

The episodes shown on El Rey tonight will not be first run. The company was also promoting that they have well over two hours of full-length matches on Youtube for fans to enjoy. This comes after Monday Night Raw was postponed until Thursday.

Source: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/0126/588916/lucha-underground-airing-during-raw-tonight/