SPOILER! Rate TNA iMPACT 3/13/15

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

How was it?

• 1/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2/10

• 3/10

• 5/10

• 6/10

• 7/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
You know the drill, ladies and gents. Vote above and give yer thoughts below!

- Full results here:

The show opens with a recap of the feud between Bobby Roode and Eric Young and additional coming attractions. It's a safe bet that the Ethan Carter/Rockstar Spud match will be a showstopper tonight.

Last Man Standing Match: Bobby Roode vs. Eric Young

Roode takes the fight to Young right off the bell and EY reels from the onslaught. Roode puts Young out of the ring with a dropkick and then goes outside to follow up. He bounces Young off the guardrail and then takes him back to the ring. EY turns it around and drives Roode's head into the ring apron and then nails him with double-stomp. Young continues to pepper Roode with shots and the fights him up the ramp. Roode roars back and takes Young down with a clothesline, shifting the momentum in his favor. Bobby gets a table from under the ring but EY shakes off the cobwebs and comes back to life in time for a commercial.

After the break, EY is still in control and he takes Roode outside, planting Bobby on the floor and garnering a five-count. Roode makes it back up but Roode puts him on the floor again and works him over on the steps. He tries for a piledriver and Roode counters. Both guys are on the floor as the count resumes.

They get back up and charge at each other with chairs. Both guys end up down again and the ref counts until each man makes it back into the ring. They slug it out some more and Roode gets a full head of steam but EY cuts it short, planting Roode on the canvas for another count. Roode makes it to his feet short of the 10 count and EY looks to end things with a chair. Roode absorbs some more punishment but works Young into a piledriver on to the chair to prompt another double-count. Roode is up first and tries for the Roode Bomb but EY escapes. They battle on the apron and Roode eventually works Young into a Roode Bomb off the ring and into the table below. Bobby is up first and he wins the match.

Result: Bobby Roode defeats Eric Young when EY can't answer the 10-count.

Drew Galloway is up next as the announce team mentions that he "took over" TNA's social media accounts earlier this week. On the mic, Drew says he appreciates the love from real fans of professional wrestling. He heads out of the ring and into the crowd to finish the promo. He says he's ready to finish his business with the BDC, prompting BDC members to hit the ramp. MVP isn't impressed and says the BDC will give him the beatdown of his life. He sends his cronies to the back so he can go one on one with the Drewster. Commercial sign.

Drew Galloway vs. MVP

The guys are already scrapping as the show resumes. Galloway is on top until MVP turns it around with some sneaky business. He works Galloway over on the ropes but Drew eventually returns to a vertical base and gets things in hand. After taking MVP down, Drew takes in accolades from the crowd and looks for the Future Shock DDT but the BDC storms the ring, prompting the DQ.

Result: Drew Galloway defeats MVP via pinfall.

A beatdown ensues and the Clan leaves Drew in ruins. Low-ki punctuates it by whacking him with a bar of some sort.

Backstage, Mickie James talks to Magnus about his feud with Bram. She wants to come with him to the ring for the fight but Magnus is against that idea.

Back from the break, EC3 cuts a promo saying tonight won't be Spud's night. Then we look back at the Bram/Magnus rivalry before heading down to the ring.

Magnus vs. Bram

Magnus charges the ring and the fight starts outside. Magnus doles out some serious shots to his former best mate. They make it to the ring for the official bell but then action spills outside again. Bram gets checked into the steps but he comes back and they battle in the ring. Bram gets on top of things, slamming the back of Magnus' head into the mat again and again. Then he drives Magnus' neck into the ring apron and puts his shoulder into the post. He follows up with a neckbreaker in the middle of the ring but Magnus somehow stays in it and lands a series of punches before going down again. Magnus mounts a comeback out of the corner with a drop kick but both guys end up on their backs as Mickie comes out to cheer on her man. Both men end up exchanging punches until Magnus clocks Bram with a couple of forearms. He goes up top for a big elbow and then sets up Bram for a finisher but Bram counters with a low blow, earning a DQ.

Result: Magnus defeats Bram via DQ.

After the bell, Bram works over Magnus with a chair as Mickie reacts with horror. Bram goes outside and fetches a metal weapon. He ties Mgnus to the rope with a zip-tie. Mickie jumps in to protect Magnus and Bram grabs her by the hair. He takes a mic and says he'll let her go if Magnus kisses his boot. Magnus reluctantly obliges. Bram laughs and tosses Mickie to her man as he strolls off laughing.

The BDC cuts a big ol' promo backstage and then we go back to the ring area for DJ Z. he brings in the BroMans and Angelina Love and then Brooke Tessmacher hits the ramp.

Brooke Tessmacher vs. Robbie E

Robbie tosses Brooke around and takes a break in the corner with Angelina and Jessie. He gets Brooke to do a test of strength and overpowers her. She counters with a headlock and then gets the jump on him after hitting the ropes. Angelia takes a shot at Brooke while the ref is distracted and Robbie lands a suplex on his ex. He goes up top for a splash and misses. After more shenanigans, including a spot in which Jessie hits a dropkick on Robbie by accident, Brooke covers with a jackknife cover and gets the three-count.

Result: Brooke Tessmacher defeats Robbie E via pinfall.

Hair vs. Hair Match: Rockstar Spud vs. EC3

Spud lays into EC3 right away. They end up outside and Spud is possessed, biting EC3 and putting him on the floor. Back in the ring, Carter gets his bearings and fights back but Spud fires back with some hard and fast shots. Carter puts a stop to it with a clothesline andTNA pauses for a break.

EC3 has Spud on the ropes, clawing at his face when the show resumes. EC3 goes out to the floor and Spud takes to the air, nailing his opponent with huge senton. EC3 gets back in and talks with the ref as Tyrus comes out and takes apart Spud on the sly. EC3 covers but Spud kicks out. Anderson flies out and fights with Tyrus, taking him out with a mic check on the floor. EC3 busts open Spud with a hard shot from his brace. The announce team mulls over the possibility of the ref calling this one due to Spud's head gash.

Spud is wearing the crimson mask at this point. EC3 taunts Borash and when the ref isn't looking, JB sneaks in for a low blow. EC3 is on his back and Spud covers but can't get the count. TNA starts toggling the video from color to black and white due to all the blood. Spud comes back big time with a flurry of forearms and a shining wizard. He hits an enzugiri and gets fired up on the ropes but EC3 hits him again with the brace and covers for a near-fall. Carter stands over Spud and Spud claws at him trying to stand up but EC3 finally puts him away with a finisher.

Result: EC3 defeats Rockstar Spud via pinfall.

After the match, Carter says that Spud has proven himself and that he won't shave Spud's head. He offers his hand and then holds Spud's hand up in victory. He then ambushes Spud on the way out of the ring and yells "Time to pay!" He shaves Spuds head as the li'l guy is tied to the Tree of Woe. The show fades to black as Carter heads to the back.

Source: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/0313/590333/tna-impact-wrestling/index.shtml

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
First and foremost, the lightning of the show was miles better than that crap they had in NYC.
Ehh, it was a watchable episode to say the least, a 4/10 for me.

Positives:
- Bobby Roode vs Eric Young in a Last Man Standing match was a good way to kick off the show.
- Brooke vs Robbie E was somewhat okay/entertaining.
- EC3 vs Spud was good, liked the 'brutality'. That post-match segment was gold, though. Oh man, it's gonna suck seeing Spud without hair.

Negatives:
- Galloway vs MVP ending in the unpredictable DQ fashion.
- Bram vs Magnus. Meh, another crappy ending, but it's kinda reasonable at the same time 'cause 'YOU ALMOST ENDED MY CAREEEEEEERR, I'M GONNA BEAT YER ARSE!' booking has got to end the match that way. Oh well.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Wow, I thought it was an excellent episode. Sure, it was only based off Eric Young vs Bobby Roode and Spud vs EC3, but honestly those two phenomenal matches in a two hour show were enough to outweigh the bad. I gave it an 8.

I liked:

Young vs Rude. Starting a show off with a near 30 minute last man standing match was the right way to go. The match was solid and enjoyable.

Drew Galloway vs MVP was a decent match ruined by the crappy ass finish but it was enjoyable until then.

EC3 vs Rockstar Spud was absolutely great. I would have preferred a different outcome since I hate EC3 and I'm not the biggest fan of undefeated story lines, but it was absolutely great.

Didn't like:

Bram vs Magnus. The match sucked and the aftermath was uncomfortable. If I was booking, when Bram was manhandle Mickie, I would have had the lights go out and Awesome Kong appear and have Bram pick on a woman his own size (similar to something Kong once did with Hernandez of LAX) but oh well.

No Awesome Kong,

BDC bullshit. Sorry but I hate that whole thing and I'm sick of TNA always having to have a dominant faction doing this crap. The Aces and Eights storyline was crap and I was happy when it ended but it didn't take them long to go back to it. It's a weak story, MVP is a third rate wrestler and they need to drop it.

I didn't care one way or another about Brooke vs Robbie.

I do agree that the lighting was better but they need to dump the dark audience idea. I makes the show seem cold and impersonal.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
EC3/Spud was greatness. Such a great heel vs such an amazing babyface. EC3 for next world champ.
Starting off with a match was good, I found the BDC beatdown on Drew to be alright. Bram vs Magnus had some good drama going in the post match there imo.
Again, that main event/post match was awesome, awesome.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
EC3/Spud was greatness. Such a great heel vs such an amazing babyface. EC3 for next world champ.

I'd be surprised if he wasn't the world champion by the end of the year.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if he wasn't the world champion by the end of the year.

I would be severely disappointed but I wouldn't be surprised either.

I really haven't decided yet what I don't like about him. It's possible that he might just be playing the heel so well that I'm swept in that. I can't deny that although I think he's shit as a wrestler, that match with Spud was spectacular.

I'll have to wait and see. I occasionally grow to like guys I hate. In fact, when I first watched Ric Flair, I hated his guts. Kurt Angle too, so you never know. At the moment though, he irritates me.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score

I really haven't decided yet what I don't like about him. It's possible that he might just be playing the heel so well that I'm swept in that. I can't deny that although I think he's shit as a wrestler, that match with Spud was spectacular.

I'll have to wait and see. I occasionally grow to like guys I hate. In fact, when I first watched Ric Flair, I hated his guts. Kurt Angle too, so you never know. At the moment though, he irritates me.
Not a big fan of EC3's work? You know, I think as far as mic/character work goes he's pretty awesome. I didn't care for him much but after his Spud feud I think he really did an amazing job as a heel (maybe it was because he played off of an awesome face like Spud, this may have helped, but I still think he did great on his part). Although in the ring, despite this match, he hasn't done anything that memorable.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score

We've discussed this before, bud. :)

And I'll tell you the same thing as before... He's a great promo guy, but his in-ring work has yet to impress me.
Maybe it's the heel work that's not letting his in-ring skills to shine or whatever, but I don't hate him by any means.

You mentioned that you occasionally grow to like guys you hate, been there, done that.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Not a big fan of EC3's work? You know, I think as far as mic/character work goes he's pretty awesome. I didn't care for him much but after his Spud feud I think he really did an amazing job as a heel (maybe it was because he played off of an awesome face like Spud, this may have helped, but I still think he did great on his part). Although in the ring, despite this match, he hasn't done anything that memorable.

I'm more likely to enjoy a guy who can wrestle well but has no mic skills than I am to like the inverse. That being said, it's not completely unheard of.

The feud with Spud did actually help but if he's eventually going to hold a world title, he'll have to be impressive with other guys too in order for me to like him or feel he's worthy of doing it. I just don't feel he's anywhere near ready for that.

Reactions: Leo C

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
We've discussed this before, bud. :)

And I'll tell you the same thing as before... He's a great promo guy, but his in-ring work has yet to impress me.
Maybe it's the heel work that's not letting his in-ring skills to shine or whatever, but I don't hate him by any means.

You mentioned that you occasionally grow to like guys you hate, been there, done that.

We talked about me not liking him before, but not about his qualifications to be World champion, so nyah nyah myah!

Just teasing. I'll have to see. If he can have as impressive feuds with other guys as he had with Spud, then I'll likely be less harsh on the guy.

Hell, when I was 16, my favorite actor in the world was Kevin Costner, so I don't always have the best taste.

• Haha
Reactions: Prince Bálor

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
8/10 possibly the best episode of this year so far.
Roode vs EY - good match, great ending and the crowd was hot for it.
Galloway vs MVP - ended via DQ but still quite good, helped advance the storyline and Low Ki looks like a mad man right now. IMO, a hit rather than a miss.
Bram vs Magnus - great stuff where Bram looks like a solid heel, then heels it up more with Mickie while Magnus looks great and is ready to be a top face for TNA; i'm getting hyped for Bram vs Magnus II.
Brooke vs Robbie E - meh, not really riveting stuff. the only miss of the night.
Spud vs EC3 - fantastic. wasn't the best main event ever but they built it up almost perfectly, it's too bad we didn't see any of Mandrews. Anyways, Spud looked like the big underdog and the crowd loved him. EC3 was great and heeled it up to maximum at the end.

I'm hyped for next week, the Ultimate X Tag Team match and Lashley vs Angle are the only matches I can remember will be airing, but add in more storyline advancing and another match or two and it could top this one.

Hopefully they do Spud vs EC3 at Destination X next year when EC3 has the title, could give Spud another (failed) shot and really end this once and for all, because TNA have found someone to make us care about the X-Division in Spud and a future top heel in EC3.