Rate Smackdown Live 9/5/2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate this week's episode of Smackdown Live!

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

• 6/10

• 8/10

• 9/10

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Rate this week's episode of Smackdown Live! and leave some comments to let us know what you thought of the show!

Opening

The show opened with both Shinsuke Nakamura and Randy Orton speaking about their match later tonight.

Then, James Ellsworth and Carmella were in the ring and they were interrupted by Kevin Owens who announced himself as the new referee for Carmella's match with Natalya. Kevin Owens tried to force the referee to take off his shirt. Shane McMahon came to the ring and interrupted KO. He let KO know he was not a referee and that he was not allowing him to do these things. Shane then told KO to stop blaming Shane for his losses.

KO then told Shane that neither he nor Shane wanted KO on Smackdown and he wanted to go back to Raw. Shane accused him of liking Raw simply because Triple H handed him the Universal title and KO had to work on Smackdown. KO accused Shane of trying to make his dad happy because he didn't get enough attention. He tried bringing Shane's kids into it, and Shane told him not to again. KO told Shane everyone in his family would have been better off if Shane had died in the helicopter crash, especially Shane's kids. Shane attacked KO and beat him brutally until Daniel Bryan convinced him to stop.

After the commercial, KO first threatened to sue and then threatened criminal charges.

Natalya vs Carmella

James Ellsworth threw the MITB to the referee to cash it in during the match. Carmella refused and Natalya used the distraction to get a pin fall victory.

Carmella personally insulted Ellsworth and parted ways with him after the match.

Dolph Ziggler

Ziggler proclaimed himself the best performer in WWE. But he said the audience preferred gimmicks. He came out to Cena's music and acting like Cena. He then came out to Randy Savage's music and acted like Savage. He finally came out to Naomi's music and dressed like her. He then said that the crowd didn't give a damn about him and he didn't give a damn about them either.

Aiden English vs Sami Zayn

Aiden English quickly won by pin fall. After the match, Zayn chased English out of the ring.

Backstage

The Usos announced their title defense against the New Day next week to be a street fight. Daniel Bryan got a call he had to take and someone ordered him to do something.

Daniel Bryan

Daniel Bryan came to the ring with no music and looking very serious. He called Shane McMahon to the ring. Daniel Bryan asked Shane what was he thinking. Bryan reminded Shane of how the Miz used to taunt him week after week and he didn't attack him but Shane told him to put the WWE first. Shane told Bryan he took full responsibility for his actions but KO crossed a line and there was no coming back. Shane told Bryan he would talk to KO and smooth things over. Bryan told Shane he got a call from Vince McMahon and Shane was indefinitely suspended.

Baron Corbin vs Tye Dillinger

Baron Corbin won by pin fall.

Backstage

Ellsworth begged Carmella to take him back and she told him they were doing things her way. She then kissed him and smacked him and left.

Number One Contender's Match: Shinsuke Nakamura vs Randy Orton

Nakamura won by pin fall to advance to the main event vs Jinder Mahal at Hell in a Cell.

Backstage

Daniel Bryan told KO that Shane got suspended and the thing was over. KO told him that it was just getting started and that next week he was making Smackdown his personal playground. Daniel Bryan informed a surprised KO that Mr. McMahon was showing up next week to address the situation.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
The main event, the storyline with Kevin Owens and Shane, elevates this show to a 7. Would have been a 6 otherwise.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Pretty good show for the most part, I gave it a 7. I really thought the Shane beat down on KO was great although I was really annoyed by the stupid suing and criminal charges threats. I mean, this is pro wrestling, authority figures hit wrestlers vice versa all the time and the suing or criminal angle is always swept under the rug. However, I'll be looking forward to see what goes on with Vince next week.

Most of the matches were good, the main event was pretty decent. I'm not a fan of watching Orton wrestle, but it was cool. I could also have done without seeing Carmella kiss Ellsworth. That was just kinda icky.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
This week on the Becky & Charlotte Show...

I could also have done without seeing Carmella kiss Ellsworth. That was just kinda icky.
Just imagine Ellsworth sitting in the corner masturbating while watching Carmella & Cass have sex...

Free Nightmare Fuel for Everyone!

Okay...so Positives...
~ Natalya hasn't been pinned since winning the championship...which is important...
~ Carmella dumps Ellsworth...
~ Corbin had a win...(he's still a moron but...)
~ Win or Lose...Tye Dillinger is always a positive...
~ I'm glad Nakamura is still the Number 1 contender...

And Negatives...
~ I don't care about Shane McMahon or anything he does. Stop booking him against
the best talent on the brand...he's a has-been who is taking valuable air time away from
the newer talent in the company. I don't care if he's going to jump off something again.
~ Carmella kisses Ellsworth & takes him back...
~ I don't care about Ziggler...
~ I honestly thought Sami Zayn would have a chance on SmackDown...I guess I was wrong...
~ Can we move Orton to RAW in a trade for Finn Balor?

& of course...the biggest negative of all...

No Becky or Charlotte...

c6kz.jpg

Asuka Lock

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
suicide
Favorite Wrestler
johnmorrison
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
10 because Ziggler is the best

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
having seen Orton/Nakamura now, I feel like this World title scene would mean more if Orton just held on to the title from Mania on. Jinder kinda killed the mood for me. Orton/Nakamura was a really good match for a "TV match" and to think that they're willing to put Nakamura over Orton and Cena clean with 1 and the same move is insane. It was already insane enough that they let Jinder walk out of Summerslam as champ.

Shane vs Owens is a really "whatever" type of feud to me. I feel like they looked at Styles/Shane and thought "well we can do that again.. that worked" but I highly doubt Owens can pull a match out of Shane like AJ can. The only positive this has for Owens is that they might move him up the card after this is over.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
having seen Orton/Nakamura now, I feel like this World title scene would mean more if Orton just held on to the title from Mania on. Jinder kinda killed the mood for me. Orton/Nakamura was a really good match for a "TV match" and to think that they're willing to put Nakamura over Orton and Cena clean with 1 and the same move is insane. It was already insane enough that they let Jinder walk out of Summerslam as champ.

Shane vs Owens is a really "whatever" type of feud to me. I feel like they looked at Styles/Shane and thought "well we can do that again.. that worked" but I highly doubt Owens can pull a match out of Shane like AJ can. The only positive this has for Owens is that they might move him up the card after this is over.

TheprofileofJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
Pros :

+ Ziggler was funny.

+ The Owens/Shane stuff was great. Vince is coming to SD. next week.

+ Corbin vs Dillinger was good

+ Main event was good.

Cons :

- Women's division sucks, not like the Raw one, but it still sucks.

- Tye losing annoys me.

- Jinder and Nakamura in a Hell in the cell match, WHAT. Talk about devaluing the cell with a worthless feud.

- Jinder holding that title for 1 more month is an automatic con.

Overall : 6/10

I didn't really have a problem with this episode per say. I mean it wasn't anything special, mostly build up for next weeks show, which is looking promising. Some of the stuff on this show was decent, but the overall product is still garbage.

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I found this show quite entertaining, went with a 7/10 and am sure most will agree that it was much more eventful then RAW the night prior. Thoughts/notes:

- Can't say I am going to miss JBL on commentary but won't be one to badmouth him now that he's gone either. He's done and continues to do a lot of good outside WWE so wishing him bad is just nonsense and childish behavior. On that note, don't mind at all the double dose of Corey Graves every Monday's and Tuesday's; whether this will be a permanent thing remains to be seen but as of now and for the time being, I'll gladly take it.

- Didn't expect the Shane/KO angle to go this far. Granted, we all were well aware of the direction but putting the interesting spin on things by adding Vince into the story was something I did not see coming. Interesting to see how things develop next week and I for one am very curious to see if Shane brings up the...lock box? After all, to this day the contents of that lock box that Shane mentioned on the first night he returned still remain a mystery and for all we know, it could still be an ace up his sleave...

- Ellsworth...you dog !!!
Seriously though, quite weird of an angle...

- The Dolph Ziggler stuff I found quite boring but won't shit on it just yet; let's see how this plays out...

On a side note, I did find it very nice to hear the Macho Man's intro music after all these years, God rest his sole...

- How about English being on a winning streak? Good for him...

...probably not as good for Sami Zayn. Granted, Zayn could keep losing and still be as over as he is but just because it works for now, doesn't mean WWE should get all comfortable about it and keep doing it. At some point, they have to give Zayn something big and hopefully it will be soon enough...

- Nice to see Ty getting some opportunities and more so with AJ Styles...