Rate Smackdown Live! 9/19/2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Smackdown Live!

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Rate Smackdown Live! and leave some comments to let us know what you think of the show!

Opening

Shane McMahon called Kevin Owens a coward and called his dad a tough SOB. He commented that they haven't always seen eye to eye but he loves him. He told KO to imagine how he would feel in the same place. He told KO that when anyone disparages a McMahon, they will strike back with massive vengeance. He condemned KO to a ruthless beatdown and a life of pain and suffering as well to Hell in a Cell.

Aiden English vs Randy Orton

Randy Orton won by pin fall

After the match came out, Rusev came out and challenged Orton to a match and Orton accepted

Randy Orton vs Rusev

Aiden English distracted Orton and Rusev got a quick pin fall victory

Jinder Mahal

Mahal came out with the Singh Brothers and gave another cheap promo making fun of Shinsuke's face and then accusing the crowd of being racist... although Jinder made fun of Shinsuke being Japanese by pronouncing "Look" as "Rook."

US Championship Title Match: Champion AJ Styles vs Baron Corbin

Tye Dillinger attacked Baron Corbin before the match. The match never started although AJ still put Corbin in the calf crusher and Corbin tapped out.

Charlotte Promo

Charlotte came to talk about her father Ric Flair and said she had to make every moment count. She was interrupted by Natalya who self promoted herself as the greatest woman ever. Charlotte challenged her for the Smackdown Woman's Championship. They were then interrupted, in succession by Becky Lynch, Naomi and Tamina w/Lana, all wanting to challenge for the belt themselves. Nattie got upset and tried to leave. She was stopped by Daniel Bryan. Bryan made the main event a fatal fourway between the four women with the winner getting the title shot at HIAC.

Hype Bros vs New Day

New Day won by pin fall.

Kevin Owens

KO appeared by satellite and apologized for what he did to Mr. McMahon, claiming he was seeing Mr. McMahon as Shane. He also let Shane know he would get revenge at HIAC.

Fatal Fourway for Smackdown Women's Championship Number One Contender: Charlotte Flair vs Naomi vs Tamina vs Becky Lynch

Charlotte won by pin fall to move to a women's championship match at HIAC

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Asuka Lock

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
suicide
Favorite Wrestler
johnmorrison
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
5/10 not too great not too bad

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Oh my god. I just started not too long ago, but I just got done watching the Jinder Mahal promo....

Maybe I'm just an as hole, but, man. I laughed my ass off. The same face thing got old by the last one... but the ensuing stereotypical one-liners were gold!

I'm on my way to a high rating after that.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
So I gave a 7. I was pleased with a decent amount of it. Confused at the Dolph Ziggler segment though. Why is he doing these random entrances? Is it to start a feud, or just kind of drift along?

Haven't caught a smack down in months it feels like. Had no idea Charlotte was away or natty was champion. What? Lol

Anyways yeah decent episode and I'll try to catch next week.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
My Bae, My Amazaon, My Goddess Charlotte returned (as did her
"wife" Becky Lynch) and won the right to face Natalya at Hell in a Cell...
hopefully inside the cell itself.

Keep that title clean Nattie...cause the real Queen is coming for it.

10/10!

:charlotte:

Couldn't be bothered covering the rest of the show...seeing Charlotte
again was all I cared about.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
this episode was so dead. Like, Raw didn't even have Cena or Brock on it but they still managed to have a better show than Smackdown lol.
The biggest take-away is Charlotte becoming the new #1 contender, I guess. And I don't know how you guys feel about it but Charlotte is a really forced and almost cringy babyface to me. As a heel it felt like she was in her element but as a babyface it will always come down to "look at who my father is, yall love him right?". I swear, once Ric dies they'll probably use that shit too so that she can get a babyface boost off of it. She also takes really awkward pauses in her promos where she basically forces the crowd to slowly cheer because otherwise it would be dead silent.

and the second biggest take away is that Rusev finally won a match!!

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
I would have to agree with most of what you said ^ Charlotte is a natural heel. And I'm not sure how long it's been, but ruse did win. And I wouldn't even call that a match. That was a choreographed extended pin lol.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I agree...Charlotte is a much better heel...but the WWE clearly wants Alexa to
be the number 1 heel in the "entire" division...so Charlotte gets to be an awkward
babyface now.

I don't really care...as long as she is actually on TV...and plus as face
she gets to pal around with Becky...and I enjoy that.
As a heel it felt like she was in her element but as a babyface it will always come down to "look at who my father is, yall love him right?".
I know right...like when Roman mentions who he's related to and has
his family members show up to try and get him over.

Its totally fucking lame.

SWL

Hotshot
Reaction score
I know right...like when Roman mentions who he's related to and has
his family members show up to try and get him over.

Its totally fucking lame.
They have mentioned/used his relatives for his "advantage", I will agree with that. BUT it's not like Charlotte where she comes out and literally just cuts a promo on her dad. Reigns' family gets mentioned but it's never a vocal point in his character

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
They have mentioned/used his relatives for his "advantage", I will agree with that. BUT it's not like Charlotte where she comes out and literally just cuts a promo on her dad. Reigns' family gets mentioned but it's never a vocal point in his character.
That is true...mainly because Roman can't cut a promo no matter what the topic is...and
the fact even when Roman does mention his family or they do show up...he still gets booed.

Either way...I love Charlotte because of who she is & what she has done...not because
of who her dad is.

Hence why I always call her Charlotte...without adding on her famous last name.

SWL

Hotshot
Reaction score
Hence why I always call her Charlotte...without adding on her famous last name.
Uh, just like you used to say [HASHTAG]#ignorereigns[/HASHTAG] instead of just reigns

:smug:

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Uh, just like you used to say [HASHTAG]#ignorereigns[/HASHTAG] instead of just reigns
I'm sorry...but I don't understand the meaning of your comment...

I could go back to typing [HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG] if you like but I found it
caused certain members to piss their diapers in anger.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
*scratches my head*

Umm. What. Just happened.

(And the Whatculture people are gone and can't answer that!! :why:)