Rate Smackdown Live! 9/12/2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate tonight's Smackdown Live!

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Rate tonight's episode of Smackdown Live and leave some comments to let us know what you thought of the show :)

Opening

Kevin Owens basically stated he was going to sue everyone until Smackdown belonged to him. People would get fired and the first person would be Sami Zayn. He also mentioned he would cancel the Fashion Files. KO then challenged Mr. McMahon to come out. Shane McMahon's music began playing but it was Dolph Ziggler that came out acting like Shane. He left shortly afterward though. He then stated since there was no McMahon in the building, he would keep telling everyone how the show would go.

Daniel Bryan came out and interrupted KO. He let KO know he was running the show and that KO's fun would be ending really soon. KO told Bryan once he took over, Bryan would be the janitor. He let KO know that Mr McMahon would be there very soon and KO would not like what he has to say. KO told Bryan that he cannot wait until Mr. McMahon arrived and that Vince would not like what KO had to say.

United States Championship: Champion AJ Styles vs Tye Dillinger

AJ Styles retained the title by submission. Baron Corbin tried to get involved in the match but didn't.
Baron Corbin beat down both guys after the match. He told AJ he would be the opponent in the next open challenge.

Jinder Mahal Promo

Mahal cut a promo making fun of Shinsuke Nakamura and made some Japanese jokes that even Corey Graves found offensive.

Smackdown Tag Team Championship: Champions the Usos vs the New Day in a Sin City Street Fight

The New Day defeated the Usos to become the new tag team champions.

Smackdown Women's Championship: Champion Natalya vs Naomi

Natalya retained the title by submission

Chad Gable and Shelton Benjamin vs Hype Bros

Gable and Benjamin won by pin fall.

Vince McMahon Promo

KO called Vince by his first name. Vince told KO that if he filed the lawsuit, he would not only be fired, but he would be bankrupt before the case ever got to court. McMahon also told KO the reason he suspended Shane was because KO didn't beat his ass worse. He said that KO got what he deserved for making negative remarks about the family. He then reinstated Shane and told KO that he would have a math with Shane at Hell in a Cell. KO then said he needed a promise he wouldn't be fired after he beats Shane. He said he wanted Vince's word that he could beat a McMahon senseless if provoked. He then attacked Vince and severely beat him although Vince got back up several times. Eventually KO left the ring and Stephanie McMahon told KO to get out of the arena and then went to help Vince.

Asuka Lock

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
suicide
Favorite Wrestler
johnmorrison
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
I wasn't too interested throughout.. and I need to re watch the ending it was bearly watchable. I might change my rating from a 5 afterward.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Gave it a 7. Like usual, it was a solid if not spectacular show. The ending with Vince and KO was really well done. It was perfect to build up the eventual Shane vs KO match.

Three title matches on Smackdown... that was good to see and the street fight was pretty fun and the other two were decent. A solid if not great show.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
tr082012-0001.jpg

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
we saw Steph on Smackdown for a couple seconds. You know what that means.. 20 minute Steph promos and segment burials at the beginning of every Smackdown from now on!
Also, for how jacked Vince is, he drops like a potato almost instantly once you touch him lol

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Okay... lets see what happening on "The Becky & Charlotte" Show this week...

~ I don't care about the Owens/McMahon feud...and Ziggler can piss off...so SKIP!

~ Styles vs. Dillinger...I approve...

~ Its a real shame they took the briefcase off Corbin...but a feud with A.J
will only help him improve.

~ Hey look...Rusev crawled out of the hole he's been buried in to chat for a bit.
What's the bet Rusev will be thrown back into that same hole by this "legend"

~ Jinder is talking...SKIP!

~ I'd really like to see Sami Zayn win some matches...can we book that?

~ So...I've really enjoyed the matches the New Day & the Usos have put on in
the last few months...but do they have to play hot potato with the titles?

~ Ronda Rousey! Grab Ellsworth and break him in half!

~ And Natalya retains and Naomi is out of title shots...so I'm guessing we can
move on now right? Natalya vs. Charlotte in the cell at Hell in a Cell...can we
book that?

Also...with this successful title defense Natalya is now a better champion than
Sasha Banks has ever been on the main roster.

I'm really enjoying Natalya as Champion...mainly because she's winning matches
and looking like a strong champion...which means the title looks better with her.

I'm sorry...but Naomi was booked as a pathetic champion...and it really hurt the
title.

~ Ziggler can fuck off! SKIP!

~ Hey...the Hype Bros still work here!

~ I DON'T WANT TO SEE SHANE MCMAHON WRESTLE!!! SKIP!!!

So...are Becky & Charlotte on their Honeymoon or something? Where the hell is my
favorite WWE couple? I thought Charlotte would confront Ronda tonight...at least that
was a rumor going round.

No Becky & Charlotte makes me a dull boy...

And I'm Done...

Last edited:

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Very entertaining show all around, went with a 7/10....Few quick notes:

- This Ziggler nonesense has got to stop...hopefully next week it will end in a....Glorious fashion....

- What an awkward promo by Jinder...Singh brothers are amazing though, hahaha.....

- For aaaaall the shit that we give Vince on pretty much a daily basis in regards to all the crap booking or storytelling and whatnot, you really ought to give the man all the props for taking all these bumps at his age.

- Oh dear God, Stephanie has resurfaced....

- Another absolutely delightful tag team championship match between the Usos and New Day....just when you think they can't do any better, they just keep delivering...

- About a year ago in a discussion regarding KO, I personally went as far as naming him the next Rock of this era in WWE, which is certainly a very bold statement that some could even consider...blasphemy. By no means am I comparing them, nor am I saying that he's reached that level yet, but in regards to his mic skills, the way he talks and acts and even the most tiny thing like the trash talking and stuff, I feel Kevin Owens is the closest anyone - AND I MEAN ANYONE, including John Cena - has reached to that superior level.

I honestly wish they'd have KO run SD for a few weeks. Oh, it would be pure gold.....

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
I like the Ziggler segment, I'm very surprised.

Lawd Of Wolves

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score
I rated the show a 6, nearly a 5.

The show itself was very fast paced with all these matches, 2 hour show with 3 title matches doesn't go well, they were too fast for my liking. What made the show greater was seeing this new form of Kevin Owens that has interested me, looking forward to where this is going.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Honestly, I wish they would have had Vince get a few shots at KO before KO destroyed him. Vince deserves to get a punch here and there. I liked when he tried to throw that punch at KO... they should have connected it. Yeah, he's 72 but the man it fit and strong and would get a few hits realistically.