Rate Smackdown Live! 7/30/2019

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

What did you think of Smackdown Live?

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

• 6/10

• 8/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Hey everyone! im not sure where Jacob has been, but i do hope he is doing well, he sadly wasnt on for Raw last night, he was on earlier today but not for Smackdown, hopefully hes doing good whatever is keeping him busy. But since hes been afk i figured id go ahead and do the Smackdown live Rate thread aswell.

Now admitedly i wasnt prepared to do the recap but i will give it my best shot, and hopefully in timely fashion, so as always vote in the poll above leave your thoughts below, and if ya mised the show or just wanna check it out anyway, you can find my recap of the show below!

Shane Mcmahon Starts Off The Show

We start off the show with a shane phone promo, he says he is centering himself, and his life coach has been keeping him calm ahead of his match against Kevin Owens. After the promo the man himself Kevin Owens comes out to the ring. He comes out, tells the crowd not to worry, that we will be able to stay strong with shane mcmahon not being on the show, he ofcourse jokeingly says this and goes on to say him not being here is a good thing, because maybe the focus on finally be on the talent, and not on shanes stupid face.

He goes on to say that after he beats up shane at summerslam that shane will look in the mirror and know beyond a shadow of a doubt, that he doesnt belong in the ring, with people like him. how this is not shanes show, this is the kevin owens show. And then Drew McIntyres msuic hits.

Drew says he talks too much and that they got a match tonight, then he smacks him in the head with the mic casuing owens to roll out, drew throws him into the ring post then the announcers table, gets and mic and says their match starts now.

Drew Mcintyre vs Kevin Owens

They both have a solid match good near falls, Drew kicking out of a pop up powerbomb, Owens kicking out of a top rope white noise from drew, crowd chanting this is awesome, the two end up going to the announcers table where owens hits a stunner then they get back in the ring, owens hits another stunner for the win.

Next up we got Dolph Ziggler does an interview backstage with Kayla, in which he once again mentions Goldberg’s poor performance at Super ShowDown. He says he’s more scared of Maryse than his SummerSlam opponent The Miz, and then says he’s going to prove his worth against Finn Balor tonight.

We go to the locker room with Ember and Bayley, who are also SummerSlam opponents, and Bayley reminds her that she’s only her challenger because she chose her, and she’ll regret it if she pulls anything tonight. Because appearntly WWE cant make up their mind on if shes heel or baby face, because that sounded kinda heelish, but either way moving on.

next we got another dark room promo from Aleister Black, he talks about moving on from his win against Cesaro, hes not alot less patient and wants another fight.

Embers music hits and we got a tag team match next.

Ember Moon and Bayley VS Nikki Cross and Alexa Bliss

So this is a okay match from what i got to see, ember moon hits alexa and nikki who are in the corner, sets alexa up for the eclipse but nikki shoves alexa out of the way to take the hit, alexa shoves her into the ring post sets her up and htis twisted bliss for the victory.

And as Nikki and Alexa clebrate on the ramp Bayley helps ember moon up then htis the bayley to belly to leave her laying, continueing to confuse me if shes a heel or babyface.

Next up we got Sami Zayn doing a backstage interview, he says Aleister Black looks like a man who is in alot of pain, says he doesnt see a man begging for a fight, but a man begging for help, says hes got all this hype and cant live up to it, says hes gonna beat and expose Aleister Black at Summerslam.

And now after a backstage segment where Bryan is asked what his announcement his and he remained silent said nothing and walked away, we have the kings court.

The Kings Court

We got Jerry Lawler in the ring, he does the cheap pop of mention the town and brings out Trish Stratus, they chat about Raw Reunion again how she wasnt there, and brought up the possibility of one more match, crowd starts woo-ing because they know whats coming, and sure enough Charlottes music hits and she comes down to the ring.

Flair then points out that Trish is using the fact she’s a mom as an excuse, and in fact there are plenty of wrestlers who are moms. Trish doesn’t say anything, and then Charlotte says today’s women aren’t just parading around “shaking their assets” nowadays, and says Trish doesn’t think she can hang with her, ordering her out of the ring.

Stratus doesn’t take kindly to this, and calls Charlotte a bitch, pointing out their wouldn’t even be a trail to blaze without her, Lita, Jaqueline etc., before accepting the challenge as Jerry Lawler awkwardly stares in the distance.

Firefly Fun House

The second i heard this familer song i popped up and wa son the edge of my seat. We are back in the live version of the funhouse, or the backstage version, rambling rabbit talks about how hes Finn Balors biggest fan, hes excited for summerslam, we see a short highlight reel of finn balor doing various moves. rabbit says finn is extraodinary and he can fly like a bee, but he made a big mistake, the fiend is unleashed. And we see a little highlight reel of the fiend and his recent attacks.

Ramblin Rabbit goes on to say Finn doesnt understand what the fun house really is, then he sees Bray and runs for his life. Bray storms in looking for something, he looks at the camera, luaghs and says let me in. We see the fiend again and cut to black.

More Bray please.

Next up we got Dolph vs Finn

Dolph Ziggler VS Finn Balor

These two have a decent match lots of good stuff, Dolph goes for the super kick but gets hit with a sling blade by balor, followed by a quick stomp, ziggler gets up he hits ziggler outside, Finn gets ready to do a dive...then the lights start to go out as does the power, crowd gets on their feet power goes out.

The familer shrieking sound and scary lighting arrives and so does the Fiend, he stands on the stage meneceingly stareing at Balor in the ring, lights go out again and comes back on, Zigglers behind balor and hits him with sweet chin music for the win.

Next up we see Shinsuke Nakamura backstage getting ready for his match with Ali, which is next.

Shinsuke Nakamura VS Ali

The match starts with Ali immediately hitting shinsuke with a kick sending him outside, then he dives at shinsuke who falls into the camera man brings shinsuke in the ring goes to the top rope for a crossbody for the near fall, shinsuke goes for the 2nd Kinshasa but Ali ducks, tries to roll up nakamura but nakamura uses the momentum caused by the roll up to roll back then goes forward grabs ali and hits a DDT in quick fashion, great stuff, Shinsuke goes for a third Kinshasa Ali dodges a third time and rolls him up for the pin.

Randy Orton Talks About Kofi Kingston

We got a nice promo package where randy talks about kofi, about hwo Kofi said it started in 2009 so lets talk about 2009. He talked about how at that point he had already been intercontinental champion world champion wwe champion, how he faced undertaker mick foley shawn michaels triple h and countless others, and how he main evented wrestlemania. And how to do all this all he had to do, was be Randy Ortan.

He said Kofi didnt have that luxury, he had to make new dance moves fake his accent and be the fun guy, and how you cant step to his level until he says you can, then we see him hitting the RKO in 2009 and calling him stupid, he repeated it here that Kofi is stupid, for thinking he could hang with ortan, and when you piss him off you get sent back down the ladder, straight to the bottom.

Now he fasts forward to 2019 and there is a new kofi, his name is Ali, he said Ali was gonna be in the elimination chamber, and randy stuck his boot so far into Alis eye socket that he cant compete, so somebody must take his place, and that was kofi, he said kofi had the oppertunity because of him, said there is no kofi mania or kofi wrestle mania moment without him, how kofi challengeing him at summerslam is stupid, and how hes gonna take the title from him with a R.K.O.

Absolutely great stuff. and speaking of Kofi, his match is next.

Kofi Kingston w/The New Day VS AJ Styles w/ The O.C.

These two didnt get to have a great match but they had a decent one, kofi hit a kind of splash to Ajs macb goes for the pin the O.C. pulls him out, New day and OC have a confrontation and kofi leaps over the ropes to land on everyone, eventually Aj gets on the apron to hit the forarm and as he tries to hit it, Kofi hits trouble in paradise mid air for the win.

Lastly we got Roman Reigns backstage walking to one of the interviewer ladys ready to announce his summerslam challenge, but before he can get to her some stuff falls on him officials run over to make sure hes okay, which he is he gets up, and walks away unsure of why that happened or even what happened, and thats how we end the show.

Alright, thats it for the recap! like i said before hopefully Jacob is doing good! and if you havent already vote in the poll above share your thoughts below, and i'll see you guys tomorrow! goodnight!

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Hang on...just going to put this here...

koth-commercial-2.jpg

And keep moving...

:thumbsup:

• Wow
Reactions: Crash

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Lastly we got Roman Reigns backstage walking to one of the interviewer ladys ready to announce his summerslam challenge, but before he can get to her some stuff falls on him officials run over to make sure hes okay, which he is he gets up, and walks away unsure of why that happened or even what happened, and thats how we end the show.

HA!

• Haha
Reactions: Crash and Koko B.

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
Wait a second, did I read this right? Did Ember Moon the challenger for the Smackdown Women's Title get pinned CLEAN by someone who's not booked on the show?.. What the fuck is that?

Why the fuck is Trish Stratus in the United States? Did they fly her in the country so King can ask her about 1 more match?

It would make more sense if Charlotte called her out... The storytelling is so bad.

The lack of logic in this company never ceases to amaze me.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Wait a second, did I read this right? Did Ember Moon the challenger for the Smackdown Women's Title get pinned CLEAN by someone who's not booked on the show?.. What the fuck is that?
That would be Alexa Bliss giving the creative team members blumpkins
(don't look that up!) & will most likely see her added to the Bayley/Ember
match at SummerSlam.

Why the fuck is Trish Stratus in the United States? Did they fly her in the country so King can ask her about 1 more match?

It would make more sense if Charlotte called her out... The storytelling is so bad.
Yep...

They really should have started building towards
this match as soon as Charlotte was back on TV.

The lack of logic in this company never ceases to amaze me.
It doesn't amaze me...I just expect it at this point.

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
That would be Alexa Bliss giving the creative team members blumpkins
(don't look that up!) & will most likely see her added to the Bayley/Ember
match at SummerSlam.

Then you have her beat Bayley if they need her in this match.. Ember shouldn't be taking any loses right now when they're trying to make her a credible challenger for Bayley.

Also, beating the #1 contender is not really good enough argument to add her to this match.

Then she gets attacked by Bayley after the match, Ember really looks like a chump here.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score

It's called WWE knows that Bayley and Ember can't carry this match on their own so they are working an angle to get a third body in the ring. It'll be made a triple threat, most likely, next week.

She was appearing on the show to explain her absence from the RAW reunion show.. and of course to start the 2 week build to what is going to be a 1-off match.. there is zero reason to have a long build for this match. The build started last week with Charlotte's comments and will continue the next 2 weeks.. plenty of time.

She did call her out... on this episode of Smackdown.. calling her out any sooner would have not made sense.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
7/10

Thought not quite as strong as RAW this week.. Smackdown had some good segments and a few very good matches.

Kofi vs AJ was very good.. Ali vs Nakamura was very good..

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
It's called WWE knows that Bayley and Ember can't carry this match on their own so they are working an angle to get a third body in the ring. It'll be made a triple threat, most likely, next week.
First of all...this is Bayley & Ember Moon...of course they
can "carry" a match...as long as they are given enough time.

Secondly...you don't make a match "better" by adding an
inferior worker.

Example: You wouldn't add Elias to Miz vs. Ziggler right?

She was appearing on the show to explain her absence from the RAW reunion show.. and of course to start the 2 week build to what is going to be a 1-off match.. there is zero reason to have a long build for this match. The build started last week with Charlotte's comments and will continue the next 2 weeks.. plenty of time.
But a longer build could only have helped make the match
better right? More build up means a better pay off yeah?

She did call her out... on this episode of Smackdown.. calling her out any sooner would have not made sense.
You mean how like Bray Wyatt spent weeks calling out the
Undertaker back before their Wrestlemania 31 match?

Frankly Charlotte could have called Trish out at any time
after Wrestlemania & it would have made sense...because
the match is actually happening.

What else you got?

?

Redboy123@

Reaction score
It's an exhibition match so I dont give a shit about the story. Its Charlotte vs trish. That's all the context you need.