Rate SmackDown Live 7/26/16

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate SmackDown Live 7/26/16

• Total voters

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
SmackDown_Live_2016--0bd471599c88db7b3e5428debd1ee315.png

Vote above and give your thoughts below
Apollo Crews won a Battle Royal to be added to a 6 pack challenge, later that night.

Becky Lynch defeated Natalya via Submission

Carmella and Alexa Bliss debut, and Eva Marie and Naomi returned

Randy Orton defeated The Miz via Pinfall

Rhyno returns by goring Heath Slater

Dolph Ziggler defeats AJ Styles, Baron Corbin, Apollo Crews, Bray Wyatt and John Cena via Pinfall to become #1 Contender for the WWE Championship at SummerSlam

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryan Blade

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Website
RDSWrestling.com
5/10. Not too bad, but not the best. Felt a bit underwhelming.

It's clear this show won't be the top one. We saw that a bit with the draft picks, but it's just clear now. However, it's looking like SmackDown can be an actual option for people, which I think is what WWE wants it to be.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Horrible. Fucking Dolph Ziggler. You had it and you ruined it, RUINED IT.:why:

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
Gave it a 10/10 cause I was there live :adr:

Obviously not as good as RAW but I hope no one's overreacting cause it was still a good show. I might be a bit biased cause I was there but I woulda enjoyed watching it on TV as well. Seeing Rhyno debut was sick as fuck. Ziggler winning the main event was unpredictable as fuck and cool. Only thing that actually sucked was not seeing American Alpha.... I was lookin forward to that big time and they ain't debuting till next week. Oh well. Rest of the show was good imo and I'm still lovin the whole brand split fever.

And I'll be at RAW November 14th (?) :)

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
Smackdown felt very lack-luster in comparison to RAW which considering they're now in competition is obviously not good on their end. Don't get me wrong though, I thought tonights episode was pretty ok, just not different enough. Hopefully this isn't a sign of what's to come and merely just a slow start to what'll end up being a better wrestling show.

The Good:

The six man--six pack challange was pretty fun to watch. If this is any indication to what Smackdown's Main Event scene is looking like I'm equal parts interested and worried. Interested to see where they take Corbin and Crews aswell as Wyatt and Styles. Worried because It's pretty weak in comparision to RAW and it showed here tonight.

Eva Marie's new voice over theme is fucking life.

SHELTON BENJAMIN IS RETURNING...oh the possibilites.

Heath Slater should go on both shows a cut promos like the one tonight until they draft him somewhere.

2-hours just fly by...I love it maggle!!!

No ramp? I like it.

The Bad:

MIZ TV was longer than it needed to be. The match that came of it was really boring TBH.

The Women's segment was trash...but Alexa Bliss!!!

Ziggler as the #1 contender...are they even trying to compete with RAW? Like I'm happy for Ziggler getting another chance and all but why? Over Styles, Wyatt and hell even John Cena? I honestly can't comprehend this decision...guess we'll just have to see where it goes.

8/10.

MGS32

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
What the fuck was that Womens Segment? They had a great Becky/Nattie match and then Bliss comes out and you're thinking "Oh they are gonna feud Bliss and Becky" and then they all start coming out one by one and then after Eva it just cuts off and that's it, like what the fuck.

Reactions: DK JAMES
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
> Pushing failing Ziggler again instead of Bray Wyatt and putting him over Styles in the process.

Nicolas-Cage-Facepalm1.gif

DylanTM

Dylan™
Reaction score
Can somebody inform me why nobody is liking the fact that Ziggler is getting pushed?

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Can somebody inform me why nobody is liking the fact that Ziggler is getting pushed?

I haven't watched the show yet, but he's clearly going to lose to Ambrose, which is fine in my book.

And now I guess Rollins vs Bálor will main event SummerSlam. Neato.

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
8/10 and I'll tell you why 8/10

Smackdown has a thinner and younger roster not to mention they have only 2 hour to their show, they can't really beat Raw for a bit until they start building their stars which is exactly what is starting right now.

Baron Corbin is starting to move up with him being picked for the Six Pack.

Apollo Crews is getting somewhere with his battle royal win

Dolph Ziggler pinned AJ and won, and maybe this will make him heel, or somehow push his character to relevancy again

Shelton Benjamin will return

Rhyno is back and it's for better, however Heath must be taken more seriously, they can push him too on Smackdown

The Women's division will need a better boost, Lynch vs. Natalya was a good match but they will need their own championship, that thing with Eva Marie actually looks like a good character for her since she is really the only model/reality show star turned athlete on the show (lol that voice over)

One American Alpha hits the stage we'll see fire in Smackdown's new tag division

Just give it time... Smackdown is just laying their ground work at the moment

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
I originally gave it a 9, but after deliberation I knocked it down to an 8. The set, while still refreshing, wasn't as big of a wow factor as raw. There's just something about those red ropes... (Probably because it's my favourite colour lol)

I am liking the blue ropes for SD though. There's something about the blue ropes that gives it that old smackdown feel aswell. It's crazy what ring rope colours can do for a vibe of a show. Smackdown is the more 'sporty' of the shows where raw is the more gritty type.

This episode was good, there's no denying that. Loved most things in the show.... didn't really skip anything in this one either.

Loved the six pack announcement and I figured battle royal for the 6th spot... and I had either Kane or Apollo winning it before it started. Was decent.
I was shocked at the ziggy win in the 6 pack challenge but tbh I can't see him beating ambrose for the title. I'm sure they want to make their first champion mean something for the time being atleast. Although a ziggler win would be shocking again. Went from jobber to #1 contender, decent.

Now I'm stuck because I was only going to watch one show... but they're both great. I guess I'll have to ride out both for now and see where they go. Can't wait to see AA on smackdown next week.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Fun show overall. I like the #1 contender determination with various matches on Raw and SD, feels like something is happening on the show. Becky beating Nattie already is classic WWE win-trading booking, which is lame. Could've built to her eventual win over Nattie, I mean, it is the best feud they can do on SD at this point for the girls... Anyway, I liked the girls coming out, although it was a bit hokey. It kinda reminds everybody that they're there. I also loved the dude doing commentary on Eva during her entrance and it only highlights the fact she's totally useless except for being hot, which makes everything even funnier.

Shelton is coming back, huh? 2009 back in full force! Had a bunch of buddies marking out for this. I figured I'd hear something about leaving NOAH before he was mentioned in WWE, but I'm not sure where I got that from because NOAH is NOAH. I'm all in for happy-go-lucky Randy Orton. Accusing Maryse's husband of wacking off too much was also very funny, calling him her sub seemed more accurate. So Orton pins the IC champ in three minutes or whatever, this was lame. I know Miz is supposed to be a geek, but the fact Orton is probably not going to challenge for the belt makes it look very second rate. Nothing new.

Slater angle going fine, so far. I told a friend I didn't think Rhyno was coming to the main roster because he looked kinda fat in NXT, but what do I know? Cool return for him. The 6 pack-challenge was a cool idea, if nothing else, just for the fact that it's been a long time since we've seen one. The match seemed fine. As far as the booking... great! I really liked Dolph getting the shot. Call me a mark, but I thought his promo was good and I'm rooting for the guy. They cut his legs off so many times, I think he deserves another chance, especially with the brand split. I mean, they gotta get some of the midcard closer to the level of Cena and Orton... this is fresh and a very good way to push a guy who deserves it.