Rate Smackdown Live! 6/6/2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate this week's episode of Smackdown Live!

• 0/10

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 1/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

• 6/10

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 7/10

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • 8/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Rate this week's episode of Smackdown Live and leave comments to let us know what you thought of the show!

— The show opened with the women’s Money in the Bank match participants (and James Ellsworth) in the ring. Shane McMahon joined them and introduced all of the women, then introduced the women’s Money in the Bank briefcase. They all staked their claim to the case, and then Naomi made her entrance.

Naomi said she wished she could be in this match, too, but was interrupted by Lana’s music, as Lana made her Smackdown Live debut. Lana asked for a spot in the ladder match, and Naomi called her out, saying that she’s never beaten anyone. Lana said she can beat Naomi, but Shane said title opportunities are earned, and he dismissed Lana, then said it was time for the six-woman tag team match.

1. Natalya, Tamina Snuka, and Carmella defeated Naomi, Becky Lynch, and Charlotte Flair. The good guys were in control, but then Lana came out and interfered in the match, tripping Naomi on the ring apron and allowing Tamina to hit her with a superkick and get the pin.

— Backstage, Mojo Rawley reminded Shane McMahon that he’s been riding the bench pretty much ever since he won the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal, and said all he wants is an opportunity. He said he’s the only man who has beaten Jinder Mahal since Mahal came to Smackdown. Shane said he will have a chance to earn his way into Money in the Bank if he can beat Mahal in a non-title match.

2. AJ Styles defeated Dolph Ziggler. Styles was able to hit the Styles Clash and get the pin to even the score with Ziggler.

— Breezango’s latest Fashion Files was crashed by The New Day, who offered Breezango “romphims” in exchange for the inside dirt on their Money in the Bank opponents, the Usos.

3. Jinder Mahal defeated Mojo Rawley. The Singh Brothers got involved, and a short time later, Mahal was able to hit the Khallas and get the pin. After the match, Mahal cut a promo about how he will retain his championship at Money in the Bank.

4. The New Day defeated The Colons. Big E and Xavier Woods were the New Day representatives for this match. They hit the Midnight Hour on Epico and Woods got the pin. After the match, the Usos appeared to run down the New Day.

— Backstage, Sami Zayn said he’d be sitting in on commentary for the main event to scout Shinsuke Nakamura. Baron Corbin appeared and beat Zayn down and said he would be taking his spot on commentary.

— Naomi went to Shane McMahon and demanded a match against Lana at Money in the Bank, and even offered to put her title on the line.

5. Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Kevin Owens. This was a non-title match. Nakamura win via pinfall after hitting the Kinshasa. After the match, Baron Corbin got in the ring and hit the End of Days on Nakamura.

Source

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
Good show, nothing special. Considering one of the matches was Kevin Owens vs Shinsuke Nakumura, it's crazy to think my personal match of the night was Mojo Rawley vs Jinder Mahal. Since Jinder has won, it's hard for me to predict things, like whether Mojo would get a cheap win/dq win over Mahal and go to money in the bank

Considering just two months ago, Mojo Rawley was my least favorite wrestler in WWE, it's funny to me that I consider him superstar of the night. He had a great promo with Shane that felt less like the obnoxious man child and more like a good hearted optimist

I thought Jinder's promo was alright, but the image of him with the... Turban? Wrapped around his head and mouth was so freaking badass

7/10

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Okay...so...I have a few statements to make:
~ First off...Charlotte & Becky "sipping tea" was the best thing ever! Those 2 should just get married already...

~ The Women's Briefcase is sexy...like all the women competing for it...
~ Naomi hasn't been involved in a winning match of any kind since April 4th. Go back and check the records...I kid you not.
~ On the other hand...my Bae Charlotte hasn't been pinned or submitted since she arrived on SmackDown.

Why is Charlotte being booked more like a Champion than Naomi is?

~ Lana showing up is fine...her getting a title shot...well...as long as the WWE doesn't pull a Jinder and have her win it.
~ Something tells me that the Naomi/Lana match may be a part of a bigger story. If it takes place after the Women's MITB
match...well...someone may "pull an Ambrose" and cash-in the night they win briefcase...which I hope doesn't happen...but
it would make for some drama.

Lets say for an example the women's MITB match has happened and Naomi is currently kicking seven shades of shit out
of Lana. Rusev appears and without actually touching Naomi helps Lana get the upset and win the title. Of course before
Lana can even get out of the ring the Briefcase holder cashes in and bang...3 women hold the title in one night...much
like the former Shield members did at the 2016 event.

Of course...I'd rather Naomi squash Lana in under a minute and the Briefcase winner hold on to it till Wrestlemania.

~ Ellsworth is pissing me off...and I hope Charlotte & Becky put him through the announce table at MITB.
~ I repeat...having a 3 woman stable in a roster of 7 women limits your booking options.
~ Tamina finally did something...
~ Can we get Summer Rae on SmackDown?
~ Can Nikki Bella show up as a surprise inclusion at MITB?

~ Good to see Mojo back on TV...I have honestly always liked the guy and I hope he is given enough time to develop further
as a performer.
~ So...apparently Ziggler winning clean last week was a mistake...so I'm not surprised this match happened again...and Styles
gets the win.
~ I'm glad Breezango are getting TV time...but I just wish Big E was set lose from the New Day already...
~ I actually think I'm starting to like Jinder "Stiff Arm" Mahal...I never thought I'd say that...
~ The New Day get a win...the Usos talk...I honestly don't care...
~ I think Nakamura should only wrestle on pay per views...especially if its against someone like Kevin Owens...
~ Nice to see an End of Days...and I'm hoping Corbin claims the men's briefcase.

Thank you again SmackDown...Love your work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Solidus1

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Not going to rate since I only selectively watch the youtube clips I care about, but I want to give this a 10/10 for The New Day/Breezango Fashion Files segment. Fandango was one of my least favorite guys in the company ever since he was Johnny Curtis in NXT, to the point that I constantly referred to him as Fandingoatemybabio (stolen from Chris Jericho of course), so it's still pretty weird for me that he's currently one of my favorite guys on the roster. Breeze is great too but I never had an issue with him.

& thank god we're not going two straight PPVs without a Women's Title match. Lana will most likely win, thanks to Rusev I'm guessing. Makes sense, Shane McMahon denied Rusev his MITB WWE Championship match and denied his wife MITB & a Championship match, had to be talked into it be Naomi. So this would be a way for Rusev to stick it to Shane and help his wife.

Reactions: Doxo

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Overall, another very enjoyable edition of SD Live....6/10....

~ Nice to see an End of Days...and I'm hoping Corbin claims the men's briefcase.

It certainly feels like they are grooming him for it....And yes, the End of Days is one beautiful looking move and one of my favorites in this era...

~ I actually think I'm starting to like Jinder "Stiff Arm" Mahal...I never thought I'd say that...

My only question is this: does Jinder have a sore throat or something? If that's the case fine, otherwise speak up dammit !!! Can we have him sound firm and convicning?

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
It was a good and easy show to watch. 7/10

The opening segment was OK, as well as Lana's debut. The 6-woman tag was solid, Styles vs DZ was solid, The Fashion Files was fun, Mahal vs Mojo was OK, The New Day vs The Colons was solid, The Usos' promo was good and Nakamura vs KO was a good ME.

Reactions: Snowman1

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score

The opening segment was OK, as well as Lana's debut. The 6-woman tag was solid, Styles vs DZ was solid, The Fashion Files was fun, Mahal vs Mojo was OK, The New Day vs The Colons was solid, The Usos' promo was good and Nakamura vs KO was a good ME.

This breezed by faster than the rest of SD.

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score

I've Gotta see this Episode!