Rate Smackdown Live! 5/9/2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate this week's Smackdown Live!

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

• 6/10

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • 7/10

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • 8/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Rate this week's episode of Smackdown Live and leave comments to let us know what you thought of the show!

Opening

Randy Orton came to the ring and was soon interrupted by Jinder Mahal. Mahal was then interrupted by Kevin Owens, who was in turn interrupted by AJ Styles. Baron Corbin eventually interrupted as well, but he was interrupted by a beat down due to Sami Zayn.

Becky Lynch vs Natalya

Natalya beat Becky Lynch by pin fall.

Erik Rowan vs Luke Harper

Erik Rowan won by pin fall

Ziggler Promo

Dolph talked trash about Shinsuke Nakamura. Nakamura came out to challenge Ziggler to a match but he refused until Backlash.

Breezango vs the Ascension

Breezango defeated the Acension by pin fall.

Jinder Mahal, Kevin Owens and Baron Corbin vs AJ Styles, Sami Zayn and Randy Orton

Mahal's team won when he pinned Randy Orton.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Okay...so...a couple of points:

#1. This is Becky's first televised match of any kind since Wrestlemania 33...And that match
itself only lasted 5 minutes and 25 seconds ...and no...I'm never getting over that!
#2. She hasn't won a televised match since the 14th of March...(which was against Natalya)

I know this because I have every main roster women's match from this year from both RAW
& SmackDown on my laptop.

Becky Lynch deserves so much better than that...

~ The Welcoming Committee is the worst name for a stable I have ever heard!
~ James Ellsworth has officially worn out his welcome with me...he needs to fuck off!
~ A 6 Woman Tag Match at Backlash is lame...it should be 3 singles matches with
Naomi defending the title and winning clean in her match.
~ And I'm sorry...but Naomi is not working for me as a champion...and it has nothing to
do with her being black so shut the fuck up with that shit before you even start.

All I want is Heel Charlotte vs. Face Becky...it doesn't even have to be for the title...
but...
Who knows when that will happen?

I guess it could be worse for Becky...she could wrestling Alicia Fox on RAW...and
not winning clean.

Ugh...pass me the tylenol...

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
20 minutes in and wow the promos on this show are awful. I DO NOT CARE THAT YOU ARE NOT AMERICAN PEOPLE

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Good wrestling can cure all that ails a show. Smackdown rebounded fiercely.

No hyperbole, Luke Harper is my favorite wrestler in WWE. Damn that dude is crazy fun to watch!
Main event was pointless but very good. Have to argue the point where the finish would have been superb booking if it wasn't done all the time. Oh, well. I wish I could get into this Jinder push more than I do. On paper it's so good. In execution it's Jinder Mahal

Thought the women's segment last week was tremendous, but this one?? Not.. So much. Like that they're having the six-woman on Backlash to try to get Charlotte all the way face, but... Guess I'd prefer to see more history between Charlotte and Becky play in. It feels odd the way it is, with Becky yelling about how they can trust Charlotte and Naomi being skeptical and...

Very good Ziggler promo this week by the way. Did a great job giving out valid points and making you feel bad, before Nakamura's sheer awesomeness overpowered everything

Every time JBL says THE WELCOMING COMMITTEE an angel loses her wings

Last edited:
Reactions: Prince Bálor

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Just watched and overall I enjoyed the episode. The Six Man Tag was a nice small tease towards the PPV and did what it needed to do, the Women's Feud, terrible stable name, but is progressing, the Nakamura vs Ziggler segment was better than the one the other week and Harper vs Rowan was a fine TV match.

7.5/10