Rate SmackDown Live 5/23/2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate this week's SmackDown Live episode on the scale of 1-10

• 2/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

• 7/10

• 8/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
You know the drill, ladies and gentlemen. Vote above and give your thoughts below!

SmackDown Live Results:
— The show opened with Shane McMahon coming out to make some announcements about the upcoming Money in the Bank pay-per-view. He said that Randy Orton would be invoking his rematch clause, and will challenge Jinder Mahal for the WWE Championship. He then introduced the five participants in this year’s Money in the Bank ladder match. AJ Styles, Baron Corbin, Sami Zayn, Dolph Ziggler, and Kevin Owens came out one at a time, but when Owens came out, Shane said there was a mistake, and then brought out the actual fifth competitor: Shinsuke Nakamura.

Owens took issue with some of the participants in Money in the Bank, and accused Shane of favoritism. Shane then made Owens the sixth person in the match. Corbin said no one else stands a chance against him, so Shane may as well give him the briefcase now. The others took exception to that and rebutted. Shane made a rematch between Zayn and Corbin, and made a main event tag team match of Ziggler and Owens against Styles and Nakamura.

1. Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair defeated Carmella and Natalya. James Ellsworth attempted to interfere, but Naomi kicked him off the apron, allowing Lynch to lock in the Disarmer on Carmella and get the submission.

2. Sami Zayn defeated Baron Corbin. Zayn rolled up Corbin and pinned him in less than a minute. Corbin went berserk and destroyed Zayn after the match. Sami was taken out of the arena on a stretcher.

— Jinder Mahal and the Singh Brothers had their Punjabi Celebration for Mahal becoming the WWE Champion. He said everyone doubted them, but he proved them wrong, and he celebrates this title for India. He finished the celebration by speaking in Punjabi, then posed with the title as fireworks went off.

3. Tyler Breeze defeated Jey Uso. Jey was complaining about having to wrestle Breezango again when Fandango sprayed him from behind with a water pistol. Jey went after Fandango and Breeze rolled him up and pinned him in seconds.

4. Fandango defeated Jimmy Uso. Breeze taunted Jey on the outside with fuzzy handcuffs. Jey chased Tyler into the ring, distracting Jimmy and allowing Fandango to roll him up for the pin.

— Breezango then challenged the Usos for a tag title rematch, and the Usos accepted and said let’s do it right now.

5. Smackdown Tag Team Championship Match: The Usos (c) defeated Breezango. Fandango didn’t see a blind tag and hit the Last Dance legdrop on Jimmy Uso, then Jey Uso splashed him immediately to get the pin and retain.

— The five non-champions in the women’s division complained to Shane McMahon backstage until he announced next week would be an elimination Fatal Five-Way match to determine a No. 1 contender.

6. AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Dolph Ziggler and Kevin Owens. Nakamura hit the Kinshasa on Owens and pinned him for the victory.

Source

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Watched the first half, read the second lol.

I don't know about you all but jinder mahal.... I could accept him as a champ for a while. It's totally out of left field and so different. His heel gimmick writes itself! I hope he's not just here until next ppv then loses the belt and goes back to being a jobber.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
So...my favorite romantic couple in the WWE Humana Humana & Bow Chicka Wow Wow...
I mean...Charlotte & Becky had a win...with Becky finally scoring her first televised win of
any kind since March 14th.

Yay! If only I had the internet to fucking watch it!

And next week SmackDown is having a 5 way elimination match for the number 1 contender spot.

Thank Sweet Raptor Jesus for that. Hopefully this will lead to the break up of the worst named
stable in WWE history and the women's division will finally gain some focus.

I would honestly have Carmella win that match so the other more experienced ladies can be
in the possible ladder match.

But who really knows at this point.

Corbin is in the MITB ladder match...but...he's in there with some stiff competition.

I am most curious.

MrEdzhuks

The Showoff
Reaction score
6/10

Cool opening segment. BTW, didn't Tye Dillinger say he will be in the MITB match on Talking Smack? Will he be the 6th or KO?
Excited for the women's fatal 5-way next week.
Don't know why they didn't put the tag-titles on Breezango tonight. You could easily give them the title until MITB, have Usos win it and then have New Day come into the picture. Looks like New Day will be getting involved quicker.
Good main event match.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
It was a decent show as they slowly set things up for MITB. 6/10

irish_stu

Jobber
Reaction score
I dont get a chance to watch Smackdown as much but this was a decent show, I dont like how after every PPV we have a rematch from the night before, reeks of lazy booking for me.

I enjoyed Shane on the show and very happy with the MITB lineup great mix of styles in there. Becky and Charlotte i enjoy as a tag team.

I just dont get this Breezango thing, i know its a comedy thing and eclectic show but i just dont get and dont enjoy it and it took up a fair amount of time.

Lookin forward to seeing what they do with Jinder, its something different than what we have been getting im willing to go with it and see what we get, really getting the JBL and his cabinet vibe from it too.