Rate SmackDown Live! 5/2/2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Smackdown Live!

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

• 6/10

• 7/10

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • 8/10

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Rate this week's episode of Smackdown Live! and leave a comment to let us know what you think of the show!

Opening

Jinder Mahal was posing with the title belt and Shane McMahon came and took it from him. He also put Mahal in a match with Sami Zayn.

Shane McMahon came to the ring and introduced Chris Jericho. He then told Jericho he would defend the US title vs Kevin Owens. AJ interrupted and sarcastically welcomed AJ to the show. The two bickered about their past and Jericho was about to put AJ on the list until Kevin Owens came to the ring.

KO told everyone that the whole argument didn't matter, since he would be champion. He told AJ to get out of the ring and was about to lay into Shane until AJ ran from the ring and delivered a brutal assault.

Jinder Mahal vs Sami Zayn

Jinder Mahal defeated Sami Zayn by pin fall.

Aiden English vs Tye Dillinger

Tye Dillinger defeated Aiden English by pin fall

Naomi and Charlotte Flair vs Carmella and Natalya

Charlotte did not start the match but she eventually came to the ring. Carmella pinned Natalya to win the match for her team.

Post-match, the Welcoming Committee beat down Charlotte and Naomi until Becky Lynch came out. She pretended to join them, but instead threw Ellsworth into them and attacked them. Then the Welcoming Committee laid out all three of the babyfaces and posed in the ring.

Dolph Ziggler vs Sin Cara

Ziggler defeated Sin Cara via pin fall after a Superkick.

There was a backstage segment with The Fashion Police presenting "The Fashion Files". Breeze and Fandango ran down a list of charges against The Usos. Breeze then said the big bust goes down on May 21st in Chicago at Backlash.

United States Championship Match: Chris Jericho (c) vs Kevin Owens

Owens defeated Jericho via pin fall to become the new US champion.

Post-match, KO hit a Pop-up Powerbomb on Jericho. He then tried to hit another, but Jericho collapsed. EMTs tried to help Jericho to the back, but Owens returned and started attacking Jericho again. Owens then wrapped Jericho's head in a chair and threw him into the ring post.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Randy Borton

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Don't really understand why Jericho won the US title only to lose it 2 days later. Could have wrote him off at Payback

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
Naomi and Charlotte Flair vs Carmella and Natalya

Carmella pinned Natalya to win the match for her team.
tumblr_mbdxurz4kh1rv3a9bo1_500.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Snowman1

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Okay...So...

~ Lana keeps dancing...and I'm having Emmalina flashbacks...
~ Becky looked sooooo good tonight...
~ As did Charlotte...her red attire is my favorite...
~ "The Welcoming Committee" is a fucking dumb name...
~ I don't like seeing my Bae get attacked...God...I'm such a Charlotte Fanboy...
~ This still shot...

SD_05022017ej_0315--05dd8354e9ebe8d8304d1c25cac85093.jpg

:woah:

~ The tag match was okay...until Charlotte showed up and started unleashing on
everyone...then it was fucking awesome!
~ I'm actually kind of shocked how quickly the crowds are taking to "Face" Charlotte.
~ And Naomi gets pinned again...why can't Champions be booked as Champions?
~ And then Becky comes out and they kind of tease a heel turn...but of course Becky
isn't going to join a team when Jimmy No Chin is one of their members.

t6k2733b98vy.jpg

~ Of course...Charlotte, Naomi & Becky all get their teeth kicked in...but that's okay...
because I'm guessing next week we'll get a 3 on 3 match and hopefully Naomi won't
get pinned and Tamina will actually wrestle.

The SmackDown Women's division needs more bodies...I say have Lana be a heel
and bring Summer Rae over from RAW as a face...or just draft Peyton & Billie from
NXT...either way...we have 8 on RAW...we need 8 on SmackDown...because numbers.

As for the rest of the show...I didn't watch it...
:umad:

Last edited:

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Solid Smackdown overall as most matches did what they needed to do, storylines progressed...Also this segment though....

They are officially over to me XD

Reactions: Snowman1

Mike Thunder

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Don't really understand why Jericho won the US title only to lose it 2 days later. Could have wrote him off at Payback
I think they did that because they wanted Jericho on Smackdown.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
SmackDown was good and easy to watch, as always. 7/10

The Fashion Files, Tye's new finisher and the ME were the absolute highlights of the show.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Quality, easy to watch Smackdown. Man, it's good to be watching this show again! 8/10

I really liked the main event of course, Aiden English and the Fashion Files being fun, and really loved the booking of the Women's segment...

But really, it's because Nattie's crew (refuse to call them that) had such good points backstage, about Charlotte's history and how Becky's been passed over so much... I really wanted to see Becky turn join them tonight. Would have been perfect!

Glad Randy was gone. Jinder still sucks

Reactions: Solidus1

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Quality, easy to watch Smackdown. Man, it's good to be watching this show again! 8/10

I really liked the main event of course, Aiden English and the Fashion Files being fun, and really loved the booking of the Women's segment...

But really, it's because Nattie's crew (refuse to call them that) had such good points backstage, about Charlotte's history and how Becky's been passed over so much... I really wanted to see Becky turn join them tonight. Would have been perfect!

Glad Randy was gone. Jinder still sucks

Right now for a Becky turn, it probably won't be the best yet due to that if she turns, there will be only one babyface in the Smackdown Women's division. Also, I would not be opposed to a slow Charlotte turn to being a face. Right now she is a reluctant tweener, but maybe in the coming weeks she can slowly show more babyface traits and if she turns face, hopefully, this time it doesn't fall flat.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
I can't get over how sexy Becky Lynch looks. She's hot. I love her chest, her arms.
When her chest faces the camera, you'll see what I meant. There's texture on her chest, a sort of quality to it.