Rate Smackdown Live! 4/25/2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate this week's episode of Smackdown Live!

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 5/10

• 6/10

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 7/10

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • 8/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Rate this week's episode of Smackdown Live and leave some comments to let us know what you think of the show!

Opening

Shinsuke Nakamura came out for an interview. Dolph Ziggler quickly interrupts and stares at Nakamura. Ziggler insults Nakamura until finally Nakamura had enough and called Ziggler a jackass in Japanese. Ziggler attacked Nakamura, but Nakamura blocked his super kick. Ziggler escaped the ring.

AJ Styles vs Baron Corbin

AJ Styles defeated Corbin by pinfall and was immediately attacked by Kevin Owens. Sami Zayn then came out and helped beat KO off AJ.

Beat The Clock Tag Team Match: American Alpha vs the Colons

American Alpha won by pin fall and set the time at 5:17

Rusev Promo

Rusev said he did not like Daniel Bryan or Shane McMahon and will only appear on Smackdown when he gets a title match at Money in the Bank.

NO DQ Match: WWE Champion Randy Orton vs Erik Rowan

Randy Orton defeated Erik Rowan by pin fall.

After the match, Jinder Mahal came out and berated Orton for overlooking him. He tried to attack Orton but Orton got the better or him until the Bollywood Boys showed up. They beat Orton down. Mahal took the title belt with him when he left.

Beat the Clock Challenge Match: Breezango vs the Ascension

Breezango defeated the Ascension by pinfall to beat the clock and become the number one contenders to the Smackdown tag team championship.

Smackdown Women's Championship: Champion Naomi vs Charlotte

The match ended in a no contest when Tamina, Natalya and Carmella attacked Charlotte and Naomi.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I am going for a 7. The matches were all relatively decent, really. All in all it was a good show but it didn't really jump out and make me happy.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
This week on "The Charlotte & Becky Show" (this time hopefully featuring more Becky)

~ I think everyone will be happy when Ziggler eats a Kinshasa...I just hope it doesn't
break Dolph's jaw.
~ Great to see/hear Kevin Owens on commentary...and Styles vs. Corbin...and Sami Zayn...
it really is awesome that Owens & Zayn are on SmackDown. I would have rather seen Corbin
win...but rumor is his "big push" is coming later in the year.
~ My Bae, My Amazon, My Goddess Charlotte is on...so everyone shut up and listen to the Queen!
~ AA vs. The Colons is up next in a beat the Clock Challenge Match...and AA get the win and...
Okay...I have to be honest...and state that I haven't
cared about the SmackDown tag titles since the Wyatt Family lost them.
~ So...I guess Rusev is still going to be a heel...and he won't be back till MITB...Okay...
just as long as he eventually does return and kick some ass.
~ Hey...its Becky Lynch! Yay! I Love you Becky! Natalya, Tamina & Carmella are just jealous
that they aren't as awesome as Charlotte...or Becky for that matter. You know what would be
awesome? Tamina actually wrestling a match on TV. I hope we actually get to see that..eventually.
~ Of course Becky is going to side with Charlotte...they are secret lovers after all.
~ Orton vs. Rowan would mean more if Bray was still on SmackDown...but he isn't so skip!
~ Here comes Jinder the Hinder...and I never thought I'd say this...but I'm starting to
like the guy. He and the Bollywood Boyz lay Orton out, take the WWE title and are shown riding
off in a limo. Nice! Is it wrong that I want Jinder to actually win the title?
~ Holy Shit! Breezango won a match...and they are now the #1 contenders for the tag title!
There is hope for Tyler Breeze yet!
~ Another depressing Bray Wyatt promo...Ugh...
~ Compared to you Naomi...yes...Charlotte is like Muhammad Ali...as in it didn't take her
eight years to win a title. Yeah...I went there!
~ And now the main event for the women's title...and...*Watches Match* of course Natalya,
Carmella & Tamina interfere in the match, lay out my Bae with a couple of superkicks and
Becky is nowhere to be seen...even though the crowd is calling for her.

Well...

Its still better than RAW...

Edit: So I later watched Becky Lynch on Talking Smack...and the reason she didn't show
up to help Charlotte & Naomi is because it wasn't her fight?

So...are you telling me that Becky is finally looking out for Number 1 (herself) and is going
to be acting (booked) smart and cagey from now on?

I hope so...

And I guess if you look at the actual story...she doesn't owe Naomi or Charlotte anything...
so...good for her. May-be Becky will get the title before Charlotte can lay her queenly hands
on it. Either way...Charlotte vs. Becky for the title at Summerslam please...

Last edited:
Reactions: Jacob Fox

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Looking at pictures of Jinder Mahal with the belt in the limo, I can see 2 ways this will be memed a year later:

1st one: "Remember when we said it wouldn't work?" this is if his push is a success
2nd one: "Remember when this happened? Neither does Jinder" it was a failure

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Breezango won! I know they are just a filler contender but damn I'm happy to see Breeze (and the Ango) get an important win like that under their belt. On the flipside though, I was kinda sad with Colon's getting beat but atleast Jason Jordan had to cheat to win! :p sorta. I love the SDLive Tag Team Scene now.

The rest was expected stuff tbh, we'll have a tag match next week with Aj and Sami on the same team with Owens and Corbin on the other, will be a fun match that.

Rest was aight. The end of the show was super predictable once 'The Welcoming Committee' (lol that name) had that convo with Becky, so kinda made the whole match a matter of 'when are they gonna show up' than who is gonna win. Was a fairly decent match, some awkward spots but all in all a good match.

6/10.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The show was good and easy to watch and overall they did some nice work in setting up Backlash. 7/10

Positives:
- The opening segment with Nakamura and Ziggler was... I don't know how to feel about it, tbh. I mean, Ziggler's material was so meh and uninteresting, but at least the last two minutes were OK, I guess.

- Styles vs Corbin was rock solid. I felt that their last week's match was a tad bit better, but this week's wasn't bad by any means. It just lacked something, a sense of urgency. It's good Styles won, though and they should keep his momentum rolling as we build towards Backlash. The post-match segment probably sets up a tag match with Styles & Zayn facing KO & Corbin next week and then we're probably getting Zayn vs Corbin at Backlash. Fine by me. Zayn will make Corbin look good, I mean he helped solidify Strowman as the monster after all. He'll do a good job here, as well.

- American Alpha vs The Colons was solid.

- Orton vs Rowan was solid, as well as the post-match segment with Jinder and The Singh Brothers beating him down.

- Breezango vs The Ascension was amusing enough. It was really well done, played well off of the stipulation and had sense of urgency. No complaints.

- Naomi vs Charlotte was a rock solid ME and I didn't mind the predictable outcome, as it probably sets up a tag match for next week.

Negatives:
- None.