Rate Smackdown Live! 4/24/2018

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Smackdown Live!

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

• 6/10

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 7/10

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • 8/10

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Please rate Smackdown Live! and leave comments to tell us what you thought of the show!

Opening Miz TV

Miz talked about the IC title and how he would win it back at the Greatest Royal Rumble and he made it prestigious again.

Miz began to introduce Daniel Bryan and made comments about how he felt about his Daughter and claimed Bryan didn't feel the same way about his. Miz was trying to play himself off as a changed man due to his daughter being born in what seemed like an attempt to keep from getting punched by Bryan. Instead, Big Cass came to the ring.

Miz seemed confused that Cass was there and Cass told him to interview him instead because no one cares about Daniel Bryan. He was mad that no one paid attention to him coming back because Bryan's return was bigger. Miz told Cass if he was trying to help him, he didn't need Cass's help. The two bickered and nearly came to blows. Miz backed off and said this was all about Daniel Bryan. Cass began mocking Daniel Bryan. He made a speech about little guys deserving to get beat up.

Cass claimed he would beat Bryan so bad he would never cast a shadow over anyone again. He then left.

The camera cut to the back where Asuka and Becky Lynch were walking. Daniel Bryan was in pain, holding his arm as if he had been beaten.

Asuka and Becky Lynch vs The Iconics

The Iconics won by pin fall with their feet on the ropes

Erick Rowan vs Jimmy Uso

Naomi distracted Luke Harper and Erick Rowan with her entrance. Jey Uso took out Harper at ringside and then Jimmy was able to surprise and pin Rowan.

Women's Championship Contract Signing

Carmella bragged about how great she was before showing a highlight reel of herself. She was upset when the crowd didn't cheer her properly after playing the reel. She played it again and claimed they would keep playing it until the crowd got it right.

Charlotte Flair interrupted and came to the ring. After signing the contract, Carmella got in Charlotte's face and Charlotte hit her head against the table before dropping the table over on Carmella.

Shelton Benjamin vs Randy Orton

Jeff Hardy came out first. But then Randy Orton came out and was Benjamin's opponent, in a turn around from the previous week.

Shelton won by pin fall when Singh came and interfered by distracting Orton.

Daniel Bryan

Bryan was iced up but confirmed he was fine to go. He mentioned that Cass attacked him. He claimed he would win the Royal Rumble match and that it didn't matter how Big Cass was because everyone is the same size when they are on the mat and tapping out.

AJ Styles, Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson vs Shinsuke Nakamura and Rusev Day

Shinsuke Nakamura and Rusev Day won by pinfall. AJ angrily attacked Nakamura after the match until Nakamura hit him with another low blow. Anderson got in the way deliberately when Nakamura was going to hit AJ with his finisher. He hit Anderson with another as AJ tried to help.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
7/10, plus one for Shinsuke's new theme....

I NEVER KNEW A REMIX OF RISING SUN WITH JAPANESE ROCK AND RAP WOULD BE SO ORGASMIC!

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
6/10

The overall show was above average the reason why I gave it a 6 is because of Shin's new theme and Charlotte's part was funny. The Women's tag match was okay, I hate that The IIconics won, but none the less it was okay, the main event was pretty decent since you had Bullet Club 2.0 involved, and the other matches were passable.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Okay... lets see what happening on the "The Asuka, Becky & Charlotte" Show
this week...

+ You know I don't want to seem so negative...but does anyone really want to see
Daniel Bryan vs. Big Cass? I know I don't. The Miz vs. Bryan on the other hand...
well...we all want to see that.

+ Hey! I see Asuka & Becky! Yay!

35jkryr.jpg

Oh Shit...I hope Bryan is Okay...

+ Okay...so...the women's tag match...And few thoughts...
On one hand its great to see Peyton & Billie get a win...BUT...Becky again has to
eat the pin...and that just annoys me. Becky always seems to be the one eating
the pins in these situations & while I'm glad it wasn't Asuka...I just want Becky to
be more than "The Face who gets pinned in Tag Matches"

I know it wasn't a "clean" pin...but it still counts.

Its possible if she's pinned too many times the crowds may stop caring about
Becky.

I said its possible...

Also...where are Absolution? Shouldn't they have shown up during this match?

Unless...Ugh...if Mandy & Sonya show up at Backlash to help Carmella retain I
will literally throw up in my mouth.

+ Why aren't Almas & Vega on this show already?

+ So...why is Naomi a factor in this feud now? If Sarah Logan was still on SDL I'd
say she could be equalizer here...but they moved her to RAW.

+ Carmella is Hot...but Lame...Charlotte on the other hand is Hot...and actually
wins matches. I just want to state that Carmella has only won 6 televised singles
matches (including her cash in) in the last 16 months & has never won a singles
match on pay per view.

A true Champion's record if I've ever seen one.

WOOOOO!!!!

My Money is on the Queen at Backlash...and yeah...eat that table Carmella...you hack.

Its kind of annoying that the WWE could have booked Charlotte vs. Asuka Mk.II for
Backlash...but now we have Charlotte vs. Carmella instead.

+ Okay...so why is Randy Orton still in the SDL mid-card? Can we move him to RAW?
In fact...is the SDL mid-card simply Jeff Hardy, Randy Orton & Shelton Benjamin now?
I'd include Rusev...but the WWE clearly doesn't give a shit about him.

+ Its good to see the New Day...I just hope they are ready for SAni†Y...and you don't
want to go back to RAW Sheamus...RAW is lame.

+ Its great to see the Good Brothers back with A.J.

+ Ugh...Daniel Bryan vs. Big Cass at Backlash? Really WWE?

+ Joe is Awesome...the WWE is "his yard" really...

+ The WWE are never going to embrace Rusev Day are they? Its Damien Sandow all
over again. I just want to state its amazing to see Nakamura actually being booked as
a dangerous competitor now.

Shame the WWE couldn't do that when he was a face...but whatever I guess.

All in All...SDL is Awesome is RAW is Lame.

And I'm Done...

Edit: Sonya & Mandy showed up on a Youtube clip making fun of Becky...but hey...
at least Becky was on TV.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Every segment in this show progressed stories and created intrigue. Basically Smackdown had no filler.

- Carmella had another good promo. She actual gets heel heat. I'm also starting to understand her character a lot more. She's an annoying entitled brat that thinks she won the championship all by herself. I like that Charlotte isn't taking her seriously

- Cass also had a good promo. But what he said in the promo was dumb af. He is going to get heat. Also people complain that WWE don't have overlapping feuds...wtf was this MizTV segment?

- The main event was good. Too bad SDL is only two hours, as this match could of done with more time. Nakamura beating up Anderson in front of AJ was brilliant. Nakamura is the master of the mind game.

- That flying superkick by Uso was fabdabidozy.

Yh this was a good episode of SDL. Nothing bad happened and it had a lot of good stuff. 7/10

Last edited:
Reactions: Jay-Ashley

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
So let's get this straight....Bryans first rivalry as a active wrestler. It could be against anyone. Miz, Jeff, Orton, Shelton, AJ, Shinsuke, Rusev. And they go with Enzos former sidekick? Huh?

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Shin as a heel is working like magic. Ole Vinnie Mac knows what hes doing.

Big Cass could go 2 ways. He could end up being the new age Kevin Nash, or he could end up being the new age Test. I think that hes gonna go over on DB at Backlash due to the help from the Miz

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
so, they have this amazing roster now, yet due to the fact that they only have 2 hours of run-time and about 1:25 of actual programming if you subtract commercials and such, the best they can currently do is show random backstage promos or video packages for people like Sanity, Joe, Cien Almas or the Bar.

Smackdown was decent tho, the definite highlight of it was Nakamura once again. Ever since this man turned heel, I've been all over it and now with this re-done theme song, his new image has been completed. I also liked the main event with an almost movie-like ending with Karl taking the bullet for Styles, yet Styles not being able to do the same for Anderson so he just had to watch as Nakamura did his thing. And yes, the low blow gimmick is still one of the greatest things on Smackdown to me. It serves as a callback to his initial heel turn at Mania and always gets a good amount of heat from a crowd. Their follow-up match hasn't even happened yet but I already feel less nervous about this one than their Mania bout. Now there's a legit story and plot behind it all

Redboy123@

Reaction score
so, they have this amazing roster now, yet due to the fact that they only have 2 hours of run-time and about 1:25 of actual programming if you subtract commercials and such, the best they can currently do is show random backstage promos or video packages for people like Sanity, Joe, Cien Almas or the Bar.
Smackdown only needs 60% of its roster. The other 30% is unessassary for a two hour show.

SWL

Hotshot
Reaction score
Smackdown only needs 60% of its roster. The other 30% is unessassary for a two hour show.
I mean, every segment they had last night had a point and direction to it with talents they need. Usos, Orton, Hardy, Asuka, Charlotte, Miz, Styles, Nakamura, all of them are basically main stars of the show and they were in spots where Smackdown needed them to be in. People they don't need, don't get to be on the show regardless so I don't know who these 30% (or 40%, if they need 60% of their roster) on the show you mentioned are

Last edited:

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I mean, every segment they had last night had a point and direction to it with talents they need. Usos, Orton, Hardy, Asuka, Charlotte, Miz, Styles, Nakamura, all of them are basically main stars of the show and they were in spots where Smackdown needed them to be in. People they don't need, don't get to be on the show regardless so I don't know who these 30% (or 40%, if they need 60% of their roster) on the show you mentioned are
30%-40% are the ones that they don't need...

SWL

Hotshot
Reaction score
30%-40% are the ones that they don't need...
who, for example, are a couple wrestlers that are constantly booked on Smackdown who you'd think are not needed?

Redboy123@

Reaction score
who, for example, are a couple wrestlers that are constantly booked on Smackdown who you'd think are not needed?
No I meant the ones who don't get consistently as a result of the show being 2 hours are not need.

To go back on my point. You probably need the likes of Dillinder, Truth and Primo & Epico to do the occasional job. So maybe they are necessary.

Maybe I should change my original point and say only 60% or maybe less are going to have a decent amount of screen time and will be part of stories and feuds.

Reactions: SWL

SWL

Hotshot
Reaction score
No I meant the ones who don't get consistently as a result of the show being 2 hours are not need.

To go back on my point. You probably need the likes of Dillinder, Truth and Primo & Epico to do the occasional job. So maybe they are necessary.

Maybe I should change my original point and say only 60% or maybe less are going to have a decent amount of screen time and will be part of stories and feuds.
ooh ok, I get you now but that's what I originally meant by implying that Smackdown's just too short for that many talents to be portrait on a weekly basis. Because if only 60% are getting a decent amount of TV time as of right now, having a bigger roster will only make things even more cramped. Then again, I just thought of NXT and how they handle their short episodes by just having certain wrestlers appear every 2nd episode so that programs always switch week by week, maybe Smackdown should dig into that if they got enough time to spare

Reactions: Redboy123@