Rate Smackdown Live! 4/18/2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate tonight's episode of Smackdown Live!

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

• 6/10

• 9/10

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Rate tonight's episode of Smackdown Live! and leave some comments to let us know what you thought of the show!

— The show opened with Charlotte Flair coming to the ring. She said she’s getting upset that it’s been a whole week and she still doesn’t have a title shot yet. She said she’s the queen of the division, and she demands respect now. Naomi came out and said they don’t have queens here, they have champions. She said she’s going to give Charlotte what she wants, because she’s never scared. She said they’ll have a match now, and she attacked Charlotte. A referee came down to break it up, and then Shane McMahon came out. Shane said Charlotte has quite a pedigree, but on Smackdown, people still have to earn title shots. He said if Charlotte can defeat Naomi in a non-title match tonight, she’ll get a championship match next week. Charlotte then attacked Naomi and posed with the belt, but Naomi retaliated and ran Charlotte off.

1. Six-Pack Challenge: Jinder Mahal defeated Sami Zayn, Dolph Ziggler, Erick Rowan, Luke Harper and Mojo Rawley. This was to determine the No. 1 contender for the WWE Championship at Backlash. Sami went for the Helluva Kick, but the Bollywood Boyz appeared and grabbed his legs. This allowed Jinder to hit a cobra clutch slam and pin Zayn.

— After the match, Mahal cut a promo about how great he is, and that he doesn’t care if people don’t like him. Randy Orton came out and congratulated Mahal, but said his prize won’t be the WWE Championship, it will just be an RKO. But Orton has a match with Bray Wyatt to worry about first. He said he doesn’t know what a House of Horrors match is, but he’ll burn it down all the same. Wyatt appeared on the video screen and was spooky in Orton’s direction.

2. Charlotte Flair defeated Naomi. This was a non-title match. Carmella, Natalya, and Tamina watched the match backstage, as they were all upset about Charlotte potentially getting a title shot. Charlotte won by pinfall after hitting the Natural Selection.

3. The Shining Stars defeated American Alpha. Primo kicked Jason Jordan in the face behind the referee’s back, allowing Epico to complete a sunset flip for the pin.

4. Face of America United States Championship Open Challenge: Kevin Owens (c) defeated Gary Gandy. Gandy was a local talent from Kentucky. Owens won in short order with the pop-up powerbomb.

5. AJ Styles defeated Baron Corbin. Kevin Owens sat in on commentary for this match. The fight spilled to the outside and Corbin backdropped Styles into Owens. Styles recovered, evaded an End of Days, and delivered a Phenomenal Forearm off the ring steps that knocked Corbin into the crowd. Styles then made it back into the ring to win by countout.

Source

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Once again, since I saw Tye....

But still a good episode.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Now I haven't seen any footage...but my Bae, my Amazon, my Goddess Charlotte
dominated SmackDown and pinned Naomi clean to become the number 1 contender.

Wooooooo!

Although...I have 1 question...

Where was Becky this week?

I mean it's supposed to be "The Becky & Charlotte Show"
so more Becky please WWE!

Last edited:

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm completely behind Jinder right now. I think it was the Shining Stars who interfered, and I think they can do great things together. I'm kinda getting a Muhammad Hassan vibe, but better

Chicken McDouble

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm completely behind Jinder right now. I think it was the Shining Stars who interfered, and I think they can do great things together. I'm kinda getting a Muhammad Hassan vibe, but better

It was the Bollywood Boyz, they competed in the CWC and NXT for a bit. I personally think this is interesting and it's something different, and Jinder got legit heel heat, they were booing the shit out of him.

And the show? I'll give it an 8.

Reactions: Doxo

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Once again delivered the land of opportunity

The Shining Stars no more, they now the Colons and they looking hell a lot better

Kevin Owens has only had the United States title for 3 weeks and it is already back at the levels John Cena has brought it to.

And most importantly, mother fucking Jinder Mahal is getting a title match, in seriously excited about this. One, no one else wants this so he gets booed properly. Two, he can possibly wind up like Miz did on Smackdown!

Gotta love Smackdown! 7/10

Reactions: Doxo

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Also once again, shocked to see...

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL3Bicy50d2ltZy5jb20vbWVkaWEvQzl4Qm02dVhZQUFqcTB0LmpwZyJ9.UBcRRxG9uPUVYMRYz0gAqg_rCUM

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Once again delivered the land of opportunity

The Shining Stars no more, they now the Colons and they looking hell a lot better

Kevin Owens has only had the United States title for 3 weeks and it is already back at the levels John Cena has brought it to.

And most importantly, mother fucking Jinder Mahal is getting a title match, in seriously excited about this. One, no one else wants this so he gets booed properly. Two, he can possibly wind up like Miz did on Smackdown!

Gotta love Smackdown! 7/10

Kudos to you for predicting it last night, dude. Jinder winning was a pleasant surprise and goes to show SmackDown truly is a land of opportunity and miracles.

Reactions: C.M. Shaddix

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
SmackDown was good and easy to watch as always. 7/10

Positives:
- The opening segment with Charlotte and Naomi was good.

- Jinder vs Zayn vs Harper vs Ziggler vs Rowan vs Mojo was good and entertaining. Well, color me surprised, Jinder became the #1 contender for the WWE championship. SmackDown truly is a land of opportunity. I didn't expect Jinder to win, because he had no momentum heading into this and I thought he was going to be eliminated first from the match, tbh. But that wasn't the case, since this 6-pack challenge didn't even have elimination rules unlike the SD women's title match at Backlash last year. Anyways, Mahal is a fresh contender and him winning was a nice surprise. He also got legit heel heat for winning and from taking away Zayn's chance at the title, so that's a plus. Adding Bollywood Boyz into the mix was nice, too. Now, all they have to do is establish Jinder and keep his momentum rolling, so that come Backlash time, we are all invested in this match.

- The video package for Nakamura was nice.

- Styles/Corbin segment was alright.

- Charlotte vs Naomi was decent. The work was OK, but there wasn't much fire in order for me to really care. The match was missing something, but it wasn't bad. Charlotte winning wasn't surprising, she was going to be in the title picture sooner or later, but I could see a non-finish next week with Carmellsworth, Nattie and Tamina interfering.

- The Colons vs American Alpha was OK. The finish was a bit sloppy, but it seems like they're rebooting Primo and Epico, so that is nice.

- Tye Dillinger's backstage interview followed by that video package was nice.

- KO vs Gandy was an OK squash, it was exactly what it needed to be. The Kevin Owens Face of America Open Challenge needs to become a weekly thing, just like Cena used to when he was champ.

- Styles vs Corbin was a good ME. It was a nice effort by both guys and the finish worked, as it protects Corbin, so no complaints.

Negatives:

- None.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I've been really busy since WM, so... Smackdown. I heard the spoiler of what happened, and am really here to see people's reaction to that thing that happened. Haven't seen it and don't even know besides what happened.
Huh. Wtf

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
So...some thoughts...

I honestly don't mind the writers swerving us and having Jinder win...
he just better be careful not to work too stiff with Orton or violate the
company wellness policy...

But...

I am curious to know why Jinder is being "pushed"

Do you think it's being done to appeal to a "certain"
overseas market/s?

Like how Transformers AOE & Pacific Rim had huge
action set pieces in China to appeal to the Chinese
market...perhaps this "Jinder Experiment" is to see
if his name and heritage will push buy rates up in
certain countries?

Just a thought...