Rate Smackdown Live! 4/17/2018

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Smackdown Live

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Rate Smackdown Live and leave a comment to let us know what you thought of the show.

Opening

AJ came out and talked about his disappointment with Shinsuke Nakamura and called him a con artist that ruined the match. He told them he wanted payback. He said he wouldn't leave the ring until he confronted Nakamura.

Aiden English and Rusev came out.

AJ Styles vs Rusev

The match quickly ended in DQ when English attacked AJ while Rusev was in the calf crusher. Daniel Bryan then came to save AJ when English and Rusev were double teaming him. They cleared the ring.

Shelton Benjamin vs Jeff Hardy

Benjamin was in the ring and wanted big competition. At first, Randy Orton came out but it was a ruse for Jeff Hardy.

Hardy won by pin fall.

Miz

A video with Miz from his home aired where he threatened to kick Daniel Bryan's ass if he ever trolled him on Twitter again.

Jey Uso vs Luke Harper

Harper destroyed Uso in seconds and won by pin fall. Afterwards the Bludgeon Brothers destroyed the Usos until Naomi came out to save her husband.

Samoa Joe vs Sin Cara

Joe came in as the newest member of Smackdown. Joe quickly defeated Sin Cara and delivered a promo where he felt that Smackdown is the land of handouts, not opportunity.

Carmella

Carmella came out and claimed how great her women's title victory was. Charlotte came out and applauded Carmella but let her know she only did it because of Peyton Royce and Billie K. Those two came out and mocked Charlotte until Charlotte got angry and began fighting them. They got the better of her only through a double team, but Becky Lynch came out and beat both girls down.

Billie K vs Charlotte Flair

Charlotte Flair won by submission. After the match, a brawl broke out in which, at first, Carmella, Peyton Royce and Billie K were winning. Then, suddenly, Asuka came out and took down all three women quickly.

Shakeup

Earlier in the show, Big Cass returned and mad a snide comment toward Daniel Bryan. Sanity also came to Smackdown Live. A video aired showing the Bar on Smackdown. Then, the New Day ran into R Truth backstage. He was greeted by Tye Dillinger, who pretended to be mad at him first but was not really.

A promo aired with Zelina Vega announcing Andrade "Cien" Almas coming to Smackdown Live!

AJ Styles and Daniel Bryan vs Aiden English and Rusev

Styles and Bryan won by DQ when Big Cass attacked Daniel Bryan. Shinsuke Nakamura distracted Bryan by dealing a low blow to AJ.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
The show was pretty bad other than the main event. However, I think Smackdown does have a much better roster now and there will probably be a lot better matchups now. But the execution of this episode was just underwhelming. 4

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Just like RAW the show just felt average. The shakes up were kind of call like Joe on SDL and Sanity on SDl are cool. Big Cass returning is meh, and his "alliance" with Shin is meh as well. Shin low blowing AJ is getting old pretty quick. Yeah, there is much else to say because overall it was just meh.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Okay... lets see what happening on this Superstar Shake-Up edition of the
"The Becky & Charlotte" Show this week...

+ I love how the fans want Rusev to be a face yet the WWE continues to
book him & Aiden English as heels.

+ I see Paige...I SKIP!!!

+ Okay...I guess Seth Rollins is staying on RAW...and SDL gets the other
Hardy Brother & the U.S title. I guess the Miz is going to have to wait a while
to break that I.C title record.

+ Absolution have been drafted to SDL...no surprise there...Charlotte needs
more jobbers to beat up.

+ Harper gets a win...

+ Samoa Joe in now on SDL! Hell Yes!

+ And SAni†Y are on their way! Hell Yes!

+ Carmella...I'm sorry but you are joke...you have been since you arrived
on the main roster. I have a feeling your title reign will be a short one.

Oh No! The Iconics! And BECKY MAKES THE SAVE!!! BECKY! BECKY! BECKY!

(Too bad she was too busy eating Quinoa last week...but not this time!)

+ Welcome to SDL Billie...Bow before the Queen!

And...ASUKA IS HERE! & I will admit...I'm excited...in my pants.

0eJRWuZ---Copy.md.jpg

:aww:

Jiminy Cricket!!! So much beauty & wrestling talent in one photo...

I love SDL!!! 10 out of 10 this week!

+ Gallows & Anderson to SDL...Called it!

+ Andrade "Cien" Almas & the Lovely Zelina Vega are also heading to SDL...Hell Yes!

+ And Big Cass is back & on SDL...Okay. I hope he's a better Baron Corbin than
Baron Corbin was.

Honestly...I'm 100% happy with this Superstar Shake-up...I just hope Nikki Cross
is with SAni†Y when they arrive.

To SDL:
~ Seth Rollins (with the Intercontinental title)...
~ Samoa Joe...
~ Sasha Banks...
~ Bayley...
~ Mandy Rose...
~ Sonya Deville...
~ Titus Worldwide (with Dana Brooke)...
~ The Miz (with Maryse eventually)
~ The Miztourage...
~ Woken Matt & Bray Wyatt...
~ Gallows & Anderson...

I only picked 6...but that's okay...because this Superstar Shake-Up was awesome!

See...I can be positive about wrestling...see?

DO YOU SEE?!

And I'm Done...

Oh Man...I'm going to have to call SDL "The Asuka, Becky & Charlotte Show" from
now on.

• Haha
Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
So who was drafted to Smackdown?
The Miz
Jeff Hardy (with the U.S title)
Sonya Deville
Mandy Rose
Samoa Joe
Big Cass
Eric Young, Alexander Wolfe & Killain Dain (Nikki Cross? Please?)
Asuka
Gallows & Anderson
Cesaro & Sheamus
R-Truth
Andrade Almas & Zelina Vega

122_SD_04172018rf_2022__f31ab6b3890bef02aedc65d91b31c883.1524016590.jpg

:aww:

Grievous Day! Grievous Day! Grievous Day!

Last edited:
Reactions: Redboy123@

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
After reading the spoilers, it seems like Samoa Joe is the only name worth mentioning moving over to Smackdown.

it's a shame Seth Rollins didn't move to Smackdown to. I guess they got Jeff Hardy?

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
  • the Jeff Hardy thing was well thought through and I actually like that they didn't just put Seth on Smackdown to switch titles again. Jeff seems really over which is nice to see after 1 year of bad luck since returning. And he already, somewhat, started an angle with Orton. I kinda expected Randy to RKO him after the match, given that he has a US title opportunity set and Hardy just interrupted his squash match but I guess they wanna keep it for next week or smth.
  • Joe coming to Smackdown was genuinely unexpected and I hope they don't treat him like they did Nakamura a year ago. Having him have 15 minute boring ass matches with a bunch of nobodies. Either have him squash the lower card guys or just let this man jump a few spots on the card and fight for titles like on Raw.
  • any celebration segment (and we have a lot of them, they kind of come in a package deal with the "you deserve it" chant) is kind of a bust for me, the segment developed nicely tho with Asuka coming out and shit. I just hope they keep her away from Charlotte for now because god knows, now that her undefeated streak is over and she could lose more often, how many times they could make her lay down for Charlotte again. Something I think they could do is having Asuka/Charlotte at Summerslam, let Asuka get her win back, then let Charlotte regain the title before Mania for her match with Rousey.
  • I, for one, will probably never get tired of seeing Nakamura's crazy ass face whenever he gets to low blow Styles. I mean, I knew his facial expressions are good but damn as a heel he's really putting in work with the psychotic smile and big eyes. It's also fun because it legit gets heat from people, whether it be because they love Styles and they don't want him suffer or that it's always the same thing over and over again. He even repeated the "sorry no speak english" line just to sound repetitive. Big Cass had little heat on him and I really don't know if it's wise of them to put him in this position instead of someone like Samoa Joe or even Almas, for example.
in a grand scheme of things, Smackdown won the shake up. But let's not forget, any time a brand "won" a draft or shake up, it meant nothing. Just like last year, Smackdown had the better roster and still did worse than Raw so I wouldn't judge it yet. Sometimes it's easier to make the best out of a "bad" roster, than to live up to the hype of an amazing roster

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
The trades were decently fair. KO, Zayn, and Roode for Joe, Miz, and Jeff Hardy. That's the top 3 male trades that are main event or upper mid card players.

Also it's good to see Big cass back. Itll be interest to see how they book him cuz it looks like hes being positioned as a top guy. It appears he is going to be feuding with Daniel Bryan. I like that he is heel and think that Carmella should be paired with hin

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Though not even close to a perfect show, I actually bumped my rating up to a 9/10 only for the potential this new looking SD roster has going forward and the countless exciting matches we could get to see. In my opinion, Smackdown by far got the better deal in this shake-up and hopefully creative will live up to these high standards that have now been set.

+ I love how the fans want Rusev to be a face yet the WWE continues to
book him & Aiden English as heels.

Spot on my friend and as we've already noted on several occasions, it's your typical case of WWE refusing to accept these guys got so over only for the simple reason they weren't "supposed to." Same shit happened with Sandow, same shit happened with Bad News Barret and same shit is happening now.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Big Cass vs Daniel Bryan...

Cass can't lose. But Daniel should win.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Spot on my friend and as we've already noted on several occasions, it's your typical case of WWE refusing to accept these guys got so over only for the simple reason they weren't "supposed to." Same shit happened with Sandow, same shit happened with Bad News Barret and same shit is happening now.
And it just shows how much of a backwards ass company the WWE can be.

If someone is over...run with it & PUSH THEM!

Jiminy Cricket...this company pushed James Ellsworth for fuck sake!

• Haha

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
U know it would of been great for them to of just put Reigns on Smackdown and have him go full heel, start a stable with the Usos (cuz the Usos are the best they've ever been currently) and just have him destroy the beloved baby faces on his debut night (AJ Styles, Daniel Bryan, Jeff Hardy). Raw could of kept Samoa Joe. So then The Miz, Reigsn and Shinsuke could of been the 3 top heels. Shinsuke feuds with AJ for the WWE title, Miz feuds DB , and Reigns feud with Hardy for the US (which also he loses the Universal title matcht against Lesnar in Saudi Arabia). That way Lesnar holds the title and then Bobby Lashley takes the title at Summerslam (of maybe even Money in the Bank so they rematch at Summerslam) That way Joe, Rollins, Strowman, Balor, KO, Sayn are all possible choices for Lashley to feud with.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
I thought it was an average showing. Ill give it a 6/10 since I did love some of the people they got. Hope to see better next week! And plus points for Miz being a douche

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Also...now I've seen it...that was a great NON-reaction that Carmella was given.

Get that belt off of her WWE...put it on Charlotte or Asuka & start building towards
another match between them...or hell...put it on Becky & go for a triple threat at
Summerslam...damn it...Becky deserves a chance to prove herself.

That belt is worthless while Carmella has it...which isn't surprising really considering
she's been booked like a joke since Summerslam 2016.

I'm sorry Carmella...you're hot...but lame.

Last edited: