Rate Smackdown Live! 4/11/2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate this week's episode of Smackdown Live!

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Please rate this episode of Smackdown in our poll and then leave a comment telling us what you thought of the show.

Opening

Kevin Owens came out and announced that he was on Smackdown and it was his show. He said he was a Canadian that had the US title and said Canada was better than America. He said he could beat anyone in the locker room. Baron Corbin came out and compared his record with KO. He also said he was owed a championship match and he needs to beat KO and take it.

KO was about to talk to Corbin and then Sami Zayn came out. KO was upset and Corbin said no one cared. But then Aj Styles came out. Styles said it was not the Kevin Owens show, it was Smackdown Live and the people cared about him, not them.

Daniel Bryan then came out. He said that the US title could not be defended until after Payback. But there would be a number one contender's match between Corbin, Styles and Zayn tonight.

Randy Orton vs Eric Rowan

Bray Wyatt distracted Orton and Rowan attacked him with the steel stairs and Beat him down. Orton won by DQ.

Smackdown Tag Team Championship: Champions the Usos vs American Alpha

The Usos retained their tag team championship by pi fall. After the match, the Shining Stars came and attacked American Alpha.

Mojo Rawley vs Jinder Mahal

Gronk was in the audience and Jinder went out to argue with him. Rawley got Jinder from behind and Gronk threw a beer in Jinder's face. Mojo Rawley won by pin fall.

Shane McMahon Addresses the Future of the Smackdown Women's Division

Shane introduced several women on the Smackdown women's roster. The women argued a bit. He then introduced Tamina to the roster after making it seem like he was introducing Charlotte.

Superstar Shakeup

Sin Cara and Rusev were added to the roster.

Aiden English

Aiden was in the ring and said he was alone so the spotlight was only on him because Simon Gotch was fired. He was singing and then interrupted by Tye Dillinger.

Tye Dillinger vs Aiden English

Dye Dillinger won by pin fall.

Dolph Ziggler

Ziggler did a promo and said he was staying on Smackdown because it was the show he built. He kept talking and then Shinsuke Nakamura made an entrance. Ziggler asked Nakamura if he could help him and asked Shinsuke who he thought he was. The crowd began chanting Nakamura. Ziggler tried to kick Nakamura, who grabbed Ziggler's leg and pushed him down. Ziggler seemed ready for a fight but left.

United States Championship Number One Contender's Match: Sami Zayn vs AJ Styles vs Baron Corbin

AJ Styles pinned Sami Zayn to become the number one contender to the US Title.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Smg

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Smackdown was a great show tonight. Rated 8/10 stars.
Firstly, the opening segment was amazing. Great way to introduce K.O and Zayn to the Smackdown Roster, and I'm hella glad they're there now. Both men are going to do wonders on the blue brand. In the m.e, though, I was kinda hoping for Kevin to make an appearence but it was good nonetheless.

Randy Orton vs Erick Rowan was just filler imo, and a way to jyst give Randy a win. I'm still a bit confused as to what they're planning to do with the titles, though, but I'm sure it will be explained in the up and coming weeks. Also, where does Erick go from now? To finish, the bray appearance was a bit unexpected. Curious to see where it goes now.

The tag-team championship match was alright, nothing amazing. Glad the Usos retained, but the shining stars was a bit of a letdown. Should have been a face team like Enzo/Cass, but oh well.

Mojo vs Jinder was nothing special. Just a way to hype up Mojo a bit, but Idk where he's going now.

The women's segment was good. Glad that Tamina was back, and I was a bit let down when he hyped up the possibility of Charlotte coming out but had it be Tamina. Nevertheless, this showed that Shane is still a good act, and we got Charlotte nonetheless. Naomi vs Charlotte should be good.

Sin Cara should've stayed on raw tbh, and reunited the lucha dragons. Rusev is unexpected as he's injured rn, but I'm glad to know he'll be back on the blue brand.

Aiden English vs Tye Dillinger was alright. A hype match for Tye, but I kinda feel sorry for Aiden as he's got nothing now. That singing gimmick will bring a lot of heat, though.

The Ziggler and Nakamura segment was amazing, mainly because of nakamura. It's still amazing and awesome to see him in the ring, and I know a Dolph vs Nakamura match will be amazing. Can't wait for the possibilities of some awesome matchups now.

The number one contenders match was a great way to end the show. All 3 men did amazing, and there were some awesome spots. I feel as the right man came away with the win in Styles, signifying his face turn (I think) and Owens vs Styles will be amazing. I hope Zayn and Baron start a rivalry.

Great Smackdown as said earlier, and now I am legitimately hyped for next week. I feel as Enzo/Cass and/or The Club should've showed up, though, for a bit of a boost to the division but hey..we're getting the new day. Can't complain.

This shakeup has also balanced the brands a bit, which is awesome as it is :p

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I actually enjoyed this show quite a bit. I think that the main event was great. The opening segment was great. Even the tag match was good. I liked seeing Shinsuke and just watching the crowd completely get behind him. I liked Charlotte showing up :)

An enjoyable show and a solid 7.

Reactions: Smg

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Not to take away from the show... I didn't watch it all, but...

I was very disappointed in the way they did this year's draft for both Raw and SmackDown. Even SmackDown's felt cheapened. [HASHTAG]#NoMoreSuperStarShakeUpPleaseForTheLoveOfKittens[/HASHTAG]

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
So...I could go on and post a recap...but...I'm too happy to care...

My Bae, My Amazon, My Goddess Charlotte is on SmackDown Live...

5g9vlxkq61ry.gif

No Ric Flair...No Dana Brooke...No PPV Streak...and most importantly...
No Sasha Banks...

I'm excited for the future...and matches she will have...especially with Becky...

w86vrzawlomy.jpg

10 Out of 10 for SmackDown...

Now...if Sasha can just turn heel and destroy Bayley while taking the title...
life will be perfect...lol

Last edited:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
SmackDown was good as expected. The show was extremely easy to watch and simply flew by. 7/10

Positives:
- The opening segment was good. Wow, KO shaved his beard, looks much better now. Anyways, he cut a pretty good promo, as well as Corbin, Zayn and Styles as they set the stage for a #1 contender's match for the US title.

- Orton/Rowan/Wyatt stuff was fine.

- The Usos vs American Alpha was pretty damn good and fun. Both teams delivered and the crowd was really into it. So, no complaints. Also, The Shining Stars attack on American Alpha post-match was good. That's probably the most interesting/best thing they've done since they (re)debuted.

- Mojo vs Jinder was OK.

- Shane/Women's division segment was solid. I don't care about Tamina, but Charlotte is a nice addition. I still wish we got Emma along with Charlotte, but oh well.

- Tye vs Aiden was amusing enough. Nice to see Tye getting some wins and it was also nice to see Aiden doing his NXT singing gimmick before the match. Classic NXT stuff, right there.

- Ziggler/Nakamura segment was good. Ziggler cut a good promo and Nakamura showing up and having the crowd behind him was cool.

- Styles vs Zayn vs Corbin was a good ME with the right guy winning. No complaints.

Negatives:
- None.

Thoughts on the superstar shake-up:
- Kevin Owens: It was absolutely the right call to move KO to SmackDown considering Ambrose is now on RAW. Yes, there's the match with Y2J at Payback, but I really doubt it'll change anything and KO will end up retaining the title.

- Sami Zayn: He needed to move to SmackDown, so hopefully he is utilized better than on RAW.

- Rusev: Another guy that desperately needed to switch brands and I'm glad he's finally on SD because he deserves better treatment than on RAW.

- Lana: It was pretty predictable she was coming to SD along with Rusev, but looks like she'll be going solo now considering Rusev's out injured.

- The New Day: They were dominant on RAW for a long time and then got stale, so the change is definitely good and there are fresh match-ups on the horizon.

- Charlotte: See above. Same case as with The New Day.

- Byron Saxton: Can't say I care about Byron, but he was actually OK last night.

- Jinder Mahal: This is a replacement for Curt Hawkins. Jinder will do what Hawkins was doing (although not that frequently) which is putting people over.

- The Shining Stars: They're not a bad team by any means, but they just have trouble connecting with the audience. That was the issue they had on RAW and hopefully that can change now that they're on SD.

- Tamina: Meh. Can't say I care.

- Sin Cara: Feels like they moved him just because. He could've been a part of the CW division (but wasn't) on RAW or could've reunited with Kalisto, but now that he's on SD, I don't see him doing anything at all.

All in all, I'd say things are looking good for SmackDown with this roster shake-up. There'll be lots of fresh match-ups and feuds.

Reactions: Solidus1

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Well what about that, Smackdown got some good stuff to work with.

-Kevin Owens brings the Us title home (the WWE United States Championship was born on Smackdown in 03)
-Zayn might be given more to do
-AJ Styles stays on Smackdown as he should, he is like the Edge of this generation (I say that because Edge was the Smackdown essential back in his day)
-The Colons moved and I think they are already getting some modifications
-Rusev Matchka (when he comes back anyway)
-Charlotte!!!!