Rate Smackdown Live! 3/20/2018

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Smackdown Live!

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

• 6/10

• 7/10

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 8/10

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • 9/10

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 10/10

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Rate Smackdown Live and leave comments to let us know what you thought of the show!

WWE Smackdown Live results:

– Daniel Bryan opened the show, delivering a to the crowd about how much it means to him to have been cleared to return to action. He thanked the fans, and said he didn’t know when he’d be returning to the ring, and looked at the WrestleMania sign before leading the crowd in a “YES” chant.

1. Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Rusev. AJ Styles sat at ringside for this match. Nakamura rolled up Rusev for the pin. After the match, Aiden English and Rusev attacked Nakamura. Styles started preparing to help, but Nakamura drove off Rusev Day before Styles could even get in the ring to assist.

2. Baron Corbin defeated Tye Dillinger. Corbin won by pinfall after the End of Days.

3. Natalya defeated Charlotte Flair. This was a non-title match. Carmella attempted to cash in Money in the Bank in the middle of the match, but Flair dispatched her with the big boot, then Natalya took advantage of the distraction to roll up Flair for the pin.

– The Usos came to the ring and cut a promo about how the Bludgeon Brothers changed the mix, but they would not be denied their chance at a WrestleMania moment.

4. Harper defeated Jimmy Uso. Harper slammed Uso’s head into the top of the ringpost, then hit a discus lariat for the pin.

– Jinder Mahal came to the ring and talked about being disrespected by Smackdown Live. Bobby Roode entered and promised to win his United States title back at WrestleMania. Randy Orton entered and said Mahal is nothing without Sunil Singh. Mahal fled while Orton attacked Singh. Orton hit the rope-hung DDT on Singh, then Roode hit the Glorious DDT. Roode tried to DDT Orton, Orton tried to hit the RKO on Roode, and it ended in a stalemate.

5. Becky Lynch and Naomi defeated Liv Morgan and Sarah Logan. Lynch was able to get Logan to tap out to the Disarmer.

– Daniel Bryan returned to the ring and welcomed Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn. Zayn and Owens congratulated Bryan for getting cleared and thanked him for being their biggest supporter. Bryan showed them footage from their attack on Shane McMahon last week, and they laughed. Bryan said what they did last week was unacceptable, and pointed out that they attacked McMahon after they’d already won the war.

Bryan then told Owens and Zayn that they’re fired. Bryan tried to shake their hands, but they attacked him. Bryan turned the tables and hit some signature moves on both of them before Zayn and Owens regained the upper hand. Zayn hit a Helluva Kick, Owens hit a powerbomb on the ring apron, and Bryan was stretchered out.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
One of the best Smackdowns in a long time.. these are the types of shows you should put together for the Road to Wrestlemania.

and congrats to Daniel Bryan!

9/10

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
6/10 for the ending segment, opening segment... Everything in between was very boring.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
So...to continue the theme for this week...

+ Hey Grievous...when are you going to eat that Cheesecake on Skype?
Fuck Off!

+ Okay...but seriously...how do you feel about Daniel Bryan being cleared to wrestle? +
Honestly...I'm still in shock over the entire thing. I guess the WWE
decided it was better to keep Bryan than let him walk & wrestle for
someone else. One can only imagine the draw a Bryan/Omega or
Bryan/Okada match would have done for NJPW.

I'm honestly not getting too excited about this situation because we all
need to realize that even though Bryan has been cleared...Reigns is still
going to be pushed as the "Top Guy" no matter how loud the crowd chants
for Bryan.

You see Vince...this is what an over babyface is...you remember those right?

Still...I'm guessing Styles will now be moved to RAW for Balor or Rollins
& the Miz & Maryse will end up back on the blue brand.

+ Hey Grievous...why do you think the WWE aren't pushing Rusev? +
Because they are a bunch of fucking idiots.

+ Hey Grievous...why do you think we keep getting Corbin vs. Dillinger on TV? +
Because the WWE (Un)Creative team are a bunch of fucking idiots.

+ Hey Grievous...why would they have Charlotte pinned so close to Wrestlemania? +

Again...because the WWE (Un)Creative team are a bunch of fucking idiots.

Seriously...What the Fuck?! Don't we need to make Charlotte look as strong
as possible before Wrestlemania?

And why is Natalya pinning her? NO CARES ABOUT NATALYA!!!

At least let Ruby Riott or even Naomi score a surprise win over her because of
a failed cash in...not fucking Natalya.

+ Hey Grievous...Carmella sure looks amazing in that outfit +
She sure does...

uuu3mv80keg01.jpg

Shame I have feeling she's going to end up being the most attractive
idiot in the WWE after Wrestlemania.

+ Hey Grievous...why don't you call Harper & Rowan the Bludgeon Brothers? +
Because I personally think its a lame name...but the their music & attire
is pretty awesome. Sarah Logan should be paired up with them in my opinion.

+ Hey Grievous...look! Its Becky Lynch! And She Won! +
I know! Yay! Becky is Awesome! Maybe she does need to move to RAW to have
a chance at another title reign...but can she have a match against Asuka first?

Who am I kidding...Becky is never going to get another title reign & will continue
to be underused by the WWE.

+ Hey Grievous...are you going to be watching the Shane/Bryan vs. Owens/Zyan Match? +
Well I am now. Daniel Bryan is going to be in the match.

Seriously though...Bryan returning to in-ring action is going to change the entire
landscape in the WWE. I'm very curious to see how this plays out.

Of course knowing the WWE...they'll stick him on 205 Live & hope everyone
forgets about him.

+ Hey Grievous...the Miz & Asuka defeated Strowman & Bliss in the MMC! +
Thank fucking Christ for that.

And I'm done...

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
I'm so happy for Bryan, and that Owens/Zayn/Bryan angle worked out perfectly. You can tell how happy he is to finally get physical again. I mean obviously this is all a huge coincidence for the E but now they're able to convert an ok-ish feud into a banger with a returning Bryan. It's like Smackdown's counter to Triple H/Steph vs Ronda/Kurt as their big money draw tag match.

rest of the show was sluggish as usual on Tuesdays, so it's pretty safe to say that Bryan saved this show and will probably continue to carry it from now on, alongside Styles of course because he built this house.. obviously

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I was never so happy to see someone get mauled 2 on 1 for completely different reasons then you'd expect...

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Thanks for getting this up for me Kev. When I talked to you in the chat I really thought I'd be up for the show... next thing I knew it was morning haha :)

• Haha
Reactions: InSaNe

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Well, I just finished watching the show a few minutes ago and even though I was well aware of the glooorious - sure, pun intended - news that had broken yesterday, I still couldn't believe it. Talk about a turn of events, talk about a game changer, talk about...I'm lost for words. All I can say is congratulations to Daniel Bryan...

Aside from the obvious monster Danial Bryan story, the rest of the show was rather mediocre and there's really not much to discuss.

As for a rating, I voted 8/10 for obvious reasons but I think everyone can agree this was a...YES/10 :yes:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Didn't watch the whole show, I just watched the DB segment and it was great! It's so good to have DB back.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
I'm so happy for Bryan, and that Owens/Zayn/Bryan angle worked out perfectly. You can tell how happy he is to finally get physical again. I mean obviously this is all a huge coincidence for the E but now they're able to convert an ok-ish feud into a banger with a returning Bryan. It's like Smackdown's counter to Triple H/Steph vs Ronda/Kurt as their big money draw tag match.

rest of the show was sluggish as usual on Tuesdays, so it's pretty safe to say that Bryan saved this show and will probably continue to carry it from now on, alongside Styles of course because he built this house.. obviously
I was just going to say that. And the funny thing is, Wrestlemania's in New Orleans - where Daniel Bryan draws the best.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Natalya defeated Charlotte Flair. This was a non-title match. Carmella attempted to cash in Money in the Bank in the middle of the match, but Flair dispatched her with the big boot, then Natalya took advantage of the distraction to roll up Flair for the pin.
So...I know we were excited to see Daniel Bryan...BUT...
does anyone here want to explain to me why Natalya
is pinning Charlotte this close to Wrestlemania?

Especially considering everyone thinks Asuka is going
over a Wrestlemania...I mean why are we having Charlotte
pinned now instead of after her loss to Asuka on the grand
stage as a way of developing her as a character?

Also...I will honestly be happy if I never see Charlotte vs.
Natalya ever again.

If you are going to have Charlotte pinned...let Becky, Naomi
or Ruby get that victory.

I mean maybe we should just book Natalya vs. Asuka now?
Seeing as Natalya just pinned Charlotte...

Ugh...

Move Natalya to RAW during the shake up please WWE.