Rate Smackdown Live! 2/13/2018

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Smackdown Live!

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 8/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Rate Smackdown Live! and leave comments to let us know what you thought of the show!

Opening

The show was supposed to begin with the match between Baron Corbin and Dolph Ziggler to decide who would join the triple threat title match at Fastlane, but Zayn and KO viciously beat down both men so the match never happened.

Sarah Logan vs Charlotte Flair

Charlotte Flair won by pin fall

Backstage

Daniel Bryan and Shane McMahon were talking backstage. McMahon told Bryan that there would be two matches, Baron Corbin vs Kevin Owens and then Dolph Ziggler vs Sami Zayn. If either or both Corbin and Zayn won, they would be added to the title match at Fastlane. If either Zayn or KO intereres in the match of their partner, they would be removed from the match.

Fastlane Qualification Match: Kevin Owens vs Baron Corbin

Baron Corbin won by pin fall to advance to the match at Fastlane

US Championship Open Challenge: Champion Bobby Roode vs No One

Although Roode did challenge and both Randy Orton and Jinder Mahal answered, a fight broke out that left Mahal standing.

New Day vs Shelton Benjamin and Chad Gable

The New Day came out and Big E attempted to win a one man pancake eating contest. They were interrupted by Chad Gable and Shelton Benjamin who mocked them. The New Day won by pin fall.

Fastlane Qualification Match: Sami Zayn vs Dolph Ziggler

Ziggler won and was added to the championship match at Fastlane.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
DV9tjMwVQAEV2vJ.jpg

Saw this coming based on tonight's opener (after I was explained by @Beavie and @Jacob Fox what the match was supposed to be to open Smackdown Live). :emoji_grin:

Edit: 7 out of 10. Nothing bad, nothing special.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
This was a good show. I have been REALLY sick of the whole Sami Zayn/Kevin Owens alliance. And yeah, it's likely building up to a break down between the two but just get it over with. Completely sick of them together. Funny thing is that apart, I like them just fine. Together, I've been done for a while.

The final match was pretty good. The rest were okay but nothing was bad. A good 7 tonight

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
~ The opening was fine...I'd also try to shut Corbin's music off these days...
Bring back Superhuman! That theme was awesome!

~ Okay...so I love me some Charlotte & clearly this Riott Squad stuff is a
"filler feud" while the WWE makes up the mind about who Asuka is facing
at Wrestlemania...but...shouldn't Becky & Naomi be trying to get "revenge"
on the Riott Squad seeing how they were actually (kayfabe) injured by them?

Shouldn't Becky be going through the Riott Squad one by one on her way to
earning a shot at the title at Wrestlemania?

Still it is great to see Charlotte out there wrestling every week...unlike the
other women's champion.

Can we get Charlotte vs. Ruby in a clean 1 on 1 match at Fastlane please?

~ Wow...Moron Corbin won a match that mattered...

~ So...Roode vs. Orton vs. Jinder at Fastlane for the U.S title? Put the title
on Jinder so Rusev can beat him for it at Wrestlemania!

~ Is it wrong that I'm kind of bored of the New Day? Can SAni†Y join
SmackDown already? Come on...The New Day & Carmella vs. SAni†Y!
Make it happen WWE!

~ So the Usos vs. Harper & Rowan at Fastlane?

~ Okay...so Ziggler is still with us...defeating Sami Zayn (Ugh...) & being
entered into the Fastlane main event.

Whatever...

So its the same as the "leaked" match...but Corbin & Ziggler
are in instead of Orton & Nakamura. That's cool...4 of these
guys are great workers so it should be an entertaining match.

I'm actually curious to see if the WWE has the gall to take the
title off of Styles & ditch the Styles vs. Nakamura Wrestlemania
match.

Nothing would shock me at this point...

And I'm Done...

Also its Valentine's day here in Australia...so I'm just going to post
this image...

IOqz_N50.jpg

And let it speak for itself.

Edit: Also...congratulations to Rusev & Lana for winning in the Mixed Match Challenge...
& Congratulations to the WWE for finally killing Bayley's career once & for all by having
her pinned by Lana. So much for her victory over Sasha on Monday.

Bayley...just quit wrestling...go & be a teacher or fitness instructor or something.

It's over for you now.

Last edited:

Death Walker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
~ The opening was fine...I'd also try to shut Corbin's music off these day...
Bring back Superhuman! That theme was awesome!
YES!! Oh dear Gawd yes.
shouldn't Becky & Naomi be trying to get "revenge"
on the Riott Squad seeing how they were actually (kayfabe) injured by them?
Simple answer: uuuuhhhh....YEP!! Lol
Should Becky be going through the Riott Squad on her way to earning a
shot at the title?
I'd love to watch it....WHENEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVEER WWE is ready....
200.gif

Can we get Charlotte vs. Ruby in a clean 1 on 1 match as Fastlane please?
Head of WWE writing team: "Ok so I think the fans might wanna see a clean 1 on 1 with Charlotte and Ruby at Fastlane...but let's just give it to them on Smackdown Live instead."
Writer 1: "Well what about if you just have Liv or Sarah at ringside and they just distract the ref or distract Charlotte and Ruby hits her finisher and pick up the win?"
Head of WWE writing team: "Hmmmm you know what I like it...It make the fans go crazy and they'll love it too. Any other ideas?"
Writer 2: "I mean we can always just have them ambush Charlotte before the match or even have Ruby escape out the ring before Charlotte finish her off."
Head of WWE writing team: "FUCK! You guys are fucking geniuses every time. That's why we're the best writing team because come up with the stuff that makes sense and the fans love."
Writer 3: *after being high as fuck off whatever drug/drugs* Uuuhhh....uuummm...boss? Uh I'm having trouble coming up with an idea for the other girls matches, mind if I steal one of those ideas again?"
Head of WWE writing team: "I don't see why in the fuck not! If all else fails just make it another 6 women, 8 women match."
So...Roode vs. Orton vs. Jinder at Fastlane for the U.S title?
I'm afraid so.
Put the title
on Jinder so Rusev can beat him for it at Wrestlemania!
Rusev fans can only hope.
Is it wrong that I'm kind of bored of the New Day?
Not at all, broski because I've been tired of them for over a year. Even before then when they started using the word "booty" to describe things they didn't like or approve of and all the twerking *shudders at remembering these moments*.
Can SAni†Y join
SmackDown already? Come on...The New Day & Carmella vs. SAni†Y!
Make it happen WWE!
Looks like you're going to be waiting awhile longer for the bonehead crew (writing/creative team) to figure out how to write and book great matches.
So the Usos vs. Harper & Rowan at Fastlane?
I mean...it's getting about that time sooooooo...And if anything, I hope this isn't simply either team running straight though the other with no story or feud tied together to it.
So its the same as the "leaked" match...but Corbin & Ziggler
are in instead of Orton & Nakamura.
Oh I try not to read the rumored/leaked stuff or even the WWE app notifications. Sometimes it can...excuse me, it USED to work years back when WWE really knew how to deliver something great off of the announced or rumored matches but now...meh, they barely have any pay off. I do like that they decided to book this match as big and important as the new 7 men Elimination Chamber match (whether it is actually performed up to par or not). These are rather good if not great booking for the last 2 PPV's before Wrestlemania IMO. So we'll see what happens when their time comes.
That's cool...4 of these
guys are great workers so it should be an entertaining match.

I'm actually curious to see if the WWE has the gall to take the
title off of Styles & ditch the Styles vs. Nakamura Wrestlemania
match.

Nothing would shock me at this point...
Interesting, indeed.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Head of WWE writing team: "Ok so I think the fans might wanna see a clean 1 on 1 with Charlotte and Ruby at Fastlane...but let's just give it to them on Smackdown Live instead."
Writer 1: "Well what about if you just have Liv or Sarah at ringside and they just distract the ref or distract Charlotte and Ruby hits her finisher and pick up the win?"
Head of WWE writing team: "Hmmmm you know what I like it...It make the fans go crazy and they'll love it too. Any other ideas?"
Writer 2: "I mean we can always just have them ambush Charlotte before the match or even have Ruby escape out the ring before Charlotte finish her off."
Head of WWE writing team: "FUCK! You guys are fucking geniuses every time. That's why we're the best writing team because come up with the stuff that makes sense and the fans love."
Writer 3: *after being high as fuck off whatever drug/drugs* Uuuhhh....uuummm...boss? Uh I'm having trouble coming up with an idea for the other girls matches, mind if I steal one of those ideas again?"
Head of WWE writing team: "I don't see why in the fuck not! If all else fails just make it another 6 women, 8 women match."
Well at least the writing team is actually talking to each other...
I always envision a bunch of people building a pillow fort or
playing with duplo.

I'm afraid so.
Hey...that match sounds decent to me...I'm a fan of all 3 guys...
although we have seen Orton & Jinder fight way too many times
over the last 12 months.

Rusev fans can only hope.
A hope & a prayer I guess...I just can't get over how over Rusev
is right now. Honestly he should be wrestling in the Fastlane main
event instead of Moron Corbin.

Just imagine the crowd every time Rusev earned a near fall.

The WWE NEED to take advantage of this situation & finally push Rusev.

Not at all, broski because I've been tired of them for over a year. Even before then when they started using the word "booty" to describe things they didn't like or approve of and all the twerking *shudders at remembering these moments*.
I don't really have a problem will all dancing/twerking...at least
it shows the New Day have character & charisma.

I guess the reason I'm keen on a New Day/SAni†Y feud is I've
always had an interest in Light & Darkness clashing...and they
kind of did that with the New Day/Wyatt Family feud...but it was
cut short because of the brand split.

I just think with the New Day & SAni†Y clashing...it could
provide many interesting moments...and also allow Carmella
to turn babyface by aligning with the New Day to counter
Nikki Cross.

Plus...I honestly think Big E & Killian Dain could provide some
seriously cool in-ring highlights...both guys are incredibly agile
& mobile for their size.

I mean...it's getting about that time sooooooo...And if anything, I hope this isn't simply either team running straight though the other with no story or feud tied together to it.
Its strange because they have been booking Harper & Rowan
like a rookie team from NXT...which they aren't. I guess I just
want to see what kind of chemistry the 2 teams have.

Also...I wouldn't surprised if Harper & Rowan win the titles ASAP...
mainly because I have a feeling the Usos (& Naomi) will be drafted
to RAW after Wrestlemania.

I do like that they decided to book this match as big and important as the new 7 men Elimination Chamber match (whether it is actually performed up to par or not). These are rather good if not great booking for the last 2 PPV's before Wrestlemania IMO. So we'll see what happens when their time comes.
Fair call...

Reactions: Death Walker

Death Walker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Well at least the writing team is actually talking to each other...
I always envision a bunch of people building a pillow fort or
playing with duplo.
Lmao perhaps they even do a combination of both talking and doing childlike activities. :emoji_grin:
Hey...that match sounds decent to me...I'm a fan of all 3 guys...
although we have seen Orton & Jinder fight way too many times
over the last 12 months.
You're a fan of Orton?? Hmm cool, I cannot stand Jinder Mahal at all. His new gimmick became played out and old FAST with a ridiculous finisher.
A hope & a prayer I guess...I just can't get over how over Rusev
is right now. Honestly he should be wrestling in the Fastlane main
event instead of Moron Corbin.

Just imagine the crowd every time Rusev earned a near fall.

The WWE NEED to take advantage of this situation & finally push Rusev.
Yet it takes a goofy gimmick that has no meaning and serves no actual purpose but yeah let's all just shout "RUSEV DAY!!" even while other wrestlers are in the ring or the show is focused on something else. *Example of the fans finding something to troll but yet complain later when it gets boring and they realize how stupid they truly are for buying into it* And people wanna call Baron a moron?? That's funny. But back to the topic---for me, I honestly would like to see Baron Corbin and that is IF they just let him be destructive and free to be himself. They started to do a few things great with him then they stopped and changed things that were never needed to be changed (slight gear alterations, entrance, theme music). Anyways, besides the "silly singing and chanting" gimmick, all I've ever seen Rusev do is super kicks, splashes to the corners and "The Accolade". Although he did the whole anti-American thing that worked for him becoming the US champion and a few other team-ups/gimmicks, he just never appealed to me.
I don't really have a problem will all dancing/twerking...at least
it shows the New Day have character & charisma.

I guess the reason I'm keen on a New Day/SAni†Y feud is I've
always had an interest in Light & Darkness clashing...and they
kind of did that with the New Day/Wyatt Family feud...but it was
cut short because of the brand split.

I just think with the New Day & SAni†Y clashing...it could
provide many interesting moments...and also allow Carmella
to turn babyface by aligning with the New Day to counter
Nikki Cross.

Plus...I honestly think Big E & Killian Dain could provide some
seriously cool in-ring highlights...both guys are incredibly agile
& mobile for their size.
Character & charisma?? Hmmm ok so here we go......yes the twerking, the term "booty", The Booty-O's cereal, the goofy inappropriate jokes, unicorn horns, the......pancakes......yes, these things do show that The New Day have character and charisma. However, let's not overlook how outrageous this can get......week after week after week after week after week after week after and so on and so on. It's a bit different and amusing for a MOMENT.....moment but it just becomes annoying and useless. It is a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnggg time to due for this faction to either breakup and go their own separate ways or for them to recreate something completely new. And let's not forget, The New Day started as a heel faction to purposely annoy the fans and their opponents. But like most of today's "fans", the fans loved it in their idiotic mentally (I swear they lose brain cells every second of everyday and the majority are adults, smh ugh!!). Now the light and dark thing has been done like you pointed out with The New Day vs The Wyatt Family and kind of the same with The Shield vs Evolution and The Shield vs The Wyatt Family. I mean it is fun when done properly but we all know WWE is not going for the long faction wars (yet another problems), I mean where are all the "real" factions?? Where's the tormenting week after week and real ambushes and pranks?? Oh that's right, WWE doesn't do any of this anymore. As far as Carmella, I feel like will turning her really make a difference?? The WWE is really keeping her out of the spotlight (yet she's Miss Money In The Bank and hasn't made but what........2 attempts to cash in??). Big E just needs to get back to singles competition again, period. Him vs Killian Dain, that should be a masterpiece but...............it'll come in due time??
Its strange because they have been booking Harper & Rowan
like a rookie team from NXT...which they aren't.
Yes this is true.
I guess I just
want to see what kind of chemistry the 2 teams have.
I believe there's a lot of people who would like to see this as well.
Also...I wouldn't surprised if Harper & Rowan win the titles ASAP...
mainly because I have a feeling the Usos (& Naomi) will be drafted
to RAW after Wrestlemania.
Hmm, good observation. I wouldn't mind The Bludgeon Brothers as champions as long as we see them become more demented and terrorizing.

Last edited:

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Lmao perhaps they even do a combination of both talking and doing childlike activities. :emoji_grin:
Perhaps...I guess they need to ask someone
to change their diapers for them.

You're a fan of Orton??
Yeah...I like his "I don't give a fuck attitude" &
you have to respect the RKO...its a fantastic
finisher.

I cannot stand Jinder Mahal at all. His new gimmick became played out and old FAST with a ridiculous finisher.
sticker_220x200-bg_ffffff-pad_220x200_ffffff.u1.jpg

I like Jinder...especially now he doesn't have
the World title...and I like The Khallas...I think
its a pretty sweet finisher.

Yet it takes a goofy gimmick that has no meaning and serves no actual purpose but yeah let's all just shout "RUSEV DAY!!" even while other wrestlers are in the ring or the show is focused on something else. *Example of the fans finding something to troll but yet complain later when it gets boring and they realize how stupid they truly are for buying into it* And people wanna call Baron a moron?? That's funny. But back to the topic---for me, I honestly would like to see Baron Corbin and that is IF they just let him be destructive and free to be himself. They started to do a few things great with him then they stopped and changed things that were never needed to be changed (slight gear alterations, entrance, theme music). Anyways, besides the "silly singing and chanting" gimmick, all I've ever seen Rusev do is super kicks, splashes to the corners and "The Accolade". Although he did the whole anti-American thing that worked for him becoming the US champion and a few other team-ups/gimmicks, he just never appealed to me.
Oh I agree with you on Corbin...it was pretty
easy really...just book him like Strowman...but
he pissed off the wrong people &...

NO BRIEFCASE FOR YOU!

I think Rusev is better than you give him credit for.

To me he's able to work with whatever "crap" he's
given & somehow make it at least passable.

His move set may seem somewhat restricted...
but I'm going to point at the WWE for that one.

I'm sure Rusev has more moves at his disposal
then he shows on a regular basis.

Character & charisma?? Hmmm ok so here we go......yes the twerking, the term "booty", The Booty-O's cereal, the goofy inappropriate jokes, unicorn horns, the......pancakes......yes, these things do show that The New Day have character and charisma. However, let's not overlook how outrageous this can get......week after week after week after week after week after week after and so on and so on. It's a bit different and amusing for a MOMENT.....moment but it just becomes annoying and useless. It is a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnggg time to due for this faction to either breakup and go their own separate ways or for them to recreate something completely new. And let's not forget, The New Day started as a heel faction to purposely annoy the fans and their opponents. But like most of today's "fans", the fans loved it in their idiotic mentally (I swear they lose brain cells every second of everyday and the majority are adults, smh ugh!!).
Hey I understand what you are getting at...but its
nice to counter balance all the serious (& mostly
boring) characters with some that actually look
like they are happy to be there.

Honestly...I kind of hope the New Day eventually
break up, Xavier can chase the Cruiserweight title,
Kofi could liven up the mid-card & a full force heel
push for Big E would be great to see.

But...their merchandise sells...so...the New Day stays.

Now the light and dark thing has been done like you pointed out with The New Day vs The Wyatt Family and kind of the same with The Shield vs Evolution and The Shield vs The Wyatt Family. I mean it is fun when done properly but we all know WWE is not going for the long faction wars (yet another problems), I mean where are all the "real" factions?? Where's the tormenting week after week and real ambushes and pranks?? Oh that's right, WWE doesn't do any of this anymore.
And its pretty sad really...

As far as Carmella, I feel like will turning her really make a difference?? The WWE is really keeping her out of the spotlight (yet she's Miss Money In The Bank and hasn't made but what........2 attempts to cash in??).
Carmella needs to win some singles matches...as she has
only won 4 televised singles matches in the last 14 months...
3 of them against jobbers & none of them were clean wins.

Hmm, good observation. I wouldn't mind The Bludgeon Brothers as champions as long as we see them become more demented and terrorizing.
I'm just going to say it...Bray back to Smackown, reunite
the family & let them actually be dominant force for once.

Good conversations are Good...

Reactions: Death Walker