Rate Smackdown Live 12/26/2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Smackdown Live!

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Rate tonight's Smackdown Live and leave a comment to let us know what you thought of the show!

Opening

The show opened with Daniel Bryan claiming that Dolph Ziggler voluntarily gave up the US title and he announced a tournament starting tonight. Then several tag teams came to the ring to discuss who would be the number one contenders to the tag team title. Shelton Benjamin and Chad Gable were first, Aiden Engish and Rusev were second, then the New Day came out. Bryan made a triple threat for the number one contendership.

Triple Threat Match: Shelton Benjamin and Gable vs the New Day vs Rusev and English

Benjamin and Gable won and became the number one contenders to the championship

Backstage

Shane McMahon and Daniel Bryan discussed Vince McMahon, with Shane telling Bryan he may be ruthless but he built the company, redefined the business and he is Shane's father. And Daniel told him he thought Shane was acting like his father, throwing his weight around. Shane then said Daniel was throwing his weight around by making a US title tournament when he could have just made a match between Baron Corbin and Bobby Roode. Bryan countered by saying this is the land of opportunity. Shane then criticized Bryan for making a match between AJ Styles and Kevin Owens without barring Sami Zayn from ringside. Bryan countered that their feud was vicious and he felt it was goof to end the year with them.

Breezango vs the Bludgeon Brothers

The Bludgeon Brothers won by DQ when the Ascension came and hit them and rescued Breezango. Backstage the Ascension, who lobbied for the match to begin with, claimed the Bludgeon Brothers went to far and they said that Breezango is challenging the Bludgeon Brothers again.

Ruby Riott vs Naomi

Riott won by pin fall, although the Riott Squad interfered many times to help. After the match, they continued to beat Naomi until Charlotte came to help. They eventually got the better of her though. Then Tamina, Lana, Natalya and Carmella came to the ring. The Riot Squad then left. But the women then came out of the ring and beat the Riott Squad into retreat.

US Championship Tournament Match: Baron Corbin vs Bobby Roode

Bobby Roode defeated Baron Corbin to advance in the US title tournament

US Championship Tournament Match: Jinder Mahal vs Tye Dillinger

Jinder Mahal won to advance in the tournament.

AJ Styles vs Kevin Owens

During the match, Shane came to the ring to eject Sami Zayn. This distraction allowed KO to take advantage and pin AJ. He stared down Shane when he left the ring and Shane apologized.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
A pretty decent show. The opening tag match was the match of the night so it was downhill from there. The main event was decent, not great. But all in all it was enjoyable and I give it a 7

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Okay...so this week on the Becky & Charlotte Show (I'm really missing Becky)...

~ A one show tournament for the U.S title would have been better...
IMO. Can Rusev be included? No...okay.

~ So are Gable & Benjamin going to get a "proper" 2 on 2 tag team
title match?

~ Shane McMahon can't leave SmackDown fast enough for my liking...
he's become worse than Stephanie. At east Stephanie has tits & doesn't
book herself in pay per view main events.

~ Its amazing how many active tag teams SmackDown has compared
to RAW. Can Harper & Rowan have a title shot soon?

~ Ruby Riott gets a win...Are Charlotte & Alexa Bliss defending their
titles before or at the Rumble? Because I'd really like to see Charlotte
vs. Ruby Riott in a fair 1 on 1 match.

I miss Becky...

So Natalya hasn't retired then? Okay...

Seriously...its 7 heels to 2 faces at the moment...turn Liv & Carmella
already...get some balance in the division.

~ Wow...Moron Corbin may end up on Impact by this time next year...

~ Its good to see the Perfect 10...but...he can't Hinder Jinder! I'm going
to say that Jinder will win the U.S title & then Ziggler will return as a face
and take the title from Jinder.

~ I DON'T want Orton to win another Rumble...I DO want Nakamura to win
the Rumble...

~ So...I guess they are building for that 5 way title match at Fastlane?

Maybe? Possibly? Who knows?

And I'm done...

Hurry back Becky...we all miss you!

Crash

Reaction score
5/10 Some really good some others boring... But the most annoying thing for me was that STUPID ANNOYING women rumble segment from last week's RAW, that they keep REPLAYING OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN... They really are gonna keep replaying it all month until the PPV... God damn. Every time I see it again it makes me not want to see that women rumble match...

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
But the most annoying thing for me was that STUPID ANNOYING women rumble segment from last week's RAW, that they keep REPLAYING OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN...

Couldn't agree more my friend....

As for the show overall, gave it a 6/10. Thought it was slightly better than RAW and if I have one issue, is why the hell did Rusev Day NOT get the win in the opening tag match? Why is so hard for WWE to...I don't know...just give the fans something they want for a change? No offense to Benjamin and Gable, whom both are great, but come on....

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
But the most annoying thing for me was that STUPID ANNOYING women rumble segment from last week's RAW, that they keep REPLAYING OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN... They really are gonna keep replaying it all month until the PPV... God damn. Every time I see it again it makes me not want to see that women rumble match...
But its to be expected really...its the WWE's way of patting itself on the back
while the women's division simply spins its wheels until after the Rumble.

By the time we get to the Rumble match itself...most fans will just want it
to be other with so the WWE will stop going on about it.

I also hate the idea of Charlotte & (especially) Alexa not defending their
titles till Wrestlemania...which hopefully will NOT happen at this point.

I'm glad the women are getting a Rumble match...but...I don't think it
should used to put the entire division on hold for a month.

why the hell did Rusev Day NOT get the win in the opening tag match?
Because the people behind the scenes in the WWE don't give a
shit about Rusev...

Why is so hard for WWE to...I don't know...just give the fans something they want for a change?
Or what the fans want...

Sad but True...