Rate Smackdown Live 12/20/2016

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate this week's episode of Smackdown Live

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

• 6/10

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 7/10

• 8/10

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • 9/10

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 10/10

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Rate this week's episode of Smackdown Live in our poll and make sure to let us know what you thought of the episode!

WWE Championship Match: Champion AJ Styles vs James Ellsworth

AJ quickly defeated James Ellsworth by pin fall to retain his WWE World Championship

AJ viciously beat down James Ellsworth after the match. Eventually after the beat down, AJ did an interview and said he didn't have to ask Santa for anything because he had it all, including the WWE title. Dolph Ziggler came out on the stage. He reminded AJ about their match next week. They were then interrupted by Baron Corbin, who claimed he should be the one getting the title shot. He claimed Ziggler was handed too many opportunities and wasted them. He then attacked Ziggler, who rebounded a bit until Corbin hit him with end of days.

Later, Ziggler demanded Corbin in the ring. Daniel Bryan only have Ziggler the match if he agreed to put his title shot against AJ on the line. Ziggler agreed and this became the main event.

WWE Intercontinental Match: Champion Miz vs Apollo Crews

The Miz retained his championship by pin fall.

Dean Ambrose vs Luke Harper

Dean Ambrose defeated Luke Harper by pin fall.

Alexa Bliss vs La Luchadora

La Luchadora defeated Alexa Bliss in this non title match.

Curt Hawkins vs Mojo Rawley

Mojo Rawley defeated Curt Hawkins by pin fall.

Number One Contender Match: Dolph Ziggler vs Baron Corbin

If Baron Corbin wins, he automatically takes Ziggler's title shot against AJ Styles.

This match ended in a double count out, with AJ Styles hitting both Baron Corbin and Dolph Zigger with a chair after the match. Daniel Bryan came out and then made the match next week as a triple threat between AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler and Baron Corbin for the WWE World title.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
This was a decent show, I did like the added stipulation at the end now that makes next week a triple threat.. makes things a little bit more interesting because AJ > Dolph... Baron is the wildcard that makes it believable that anyone of the three that could come away with the title.. I hope AJ pins Dolph and Baron gets so mad and starts attacking both AJ and Dolph brutally and John Cena comes back and gives both AJ & Baron an attitude adjustment.

A HIGH 6/10

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
~ Okay...its time for the A-Show...SmackDown Live...And...here we go...

~ And finally AJ Styles destroys Ellsworth...Good.

~ Now I know I've been very critical of Baron Corbin...but I agree with
him being pushed...I like this plan.

~ The Miz has a win and gets slapped by Renee Young...Nice work.

~ So Natalya did attack Nikki Bella...Ugh...And I'm already bored with it.
Where is Eva Marie? Can't we get Mickie James out here already? And how long
is Naomi going to be out with her injury?

~ Good to see Luke Harper finally wrestling someone other than Kane...he
didn't win...but still...always great to see the Wyatt Family on TV.

~ So...Miz vs. Ambrose for the IC title...that works...I guess...kind of
a step backwards for Dean...but its better than being in a tag team with
Sheamus.

~ So didn't Edge & Christian pull this masked luchador trick in a fued
with the Hardy Boys like years ago? I remember that.

Anyway...Good to see Becky finally get a clean win over Alexa...but again
the booking seems really strange to me. Why has Alexa become completely
hopeless since she won the belt? She was totally dominating Becky for
months to get the belt...and now she has it...she's looking weaker than
a wet tissue...WTF?!

Still...

tumblr_oiihdeWLs51vbtjf6o1_500.png

Yummy!

~ I don't care about some actor...Next!

~ Did Mojo Rawley just win a squash match?

~ Okay...so why would Carmella go anywhere near James Ellsworth? Why would
she want to "take care of him"? Why am I suddenly jealous of James Ellsworth?

~ And long story short...Triple Threat match next week with Styles, Ziggler &
Corbin. Wow...I can't believe I'm going to say this...but I want Corbin to win!

Baron! Baron! Baron!

And once again SmackDown is shorter, sharper and overall a better show than RAW.

~ I'm Done!

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
The slander was just too real tonight. Pretty solid episode of Smackdown. I'll say about a 6/10.

Baron Corbin looked pretty great tonight. Glad he's getting a shot at the world championship and I'm surprised that he is so soon. I would've guessed a IC title run before hand but I guess not, benefits of being a Vince guy lol. I think we all know he ain't winning next week but the way he was booked tonight I'd say he has a good chance.

The Miz tonight again with the A++++ heel work. Such a douche ( in a good way), got a good reaction out of Renee. Something only he could pull off honestly. So I guess we're getting Dean/Miz for the IC title at Royal Rumble? Seems like it at this rate. This feud could really help bring out a side of Dean we need to see, something more aggressive.

Natayla dropped two bitches in one promo...you know it's real now!

R.I.P. Ellswor-- oh wait what? He's getting another angle? This time with some hot chick? Will he at least be out of the main event/title scene? I'll be fine with this if that's the case.

Becky as a Luchador...nice.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I don't feel right rating this at the moment. I only watched the last 40 minutes because my roommate wanted to watch a movie. He was having a pretty crappy day so I went ahead and let him. I didn't have the DVR set, so I have to wait for Hulu to see the whole thing.

The main event was decent and I am happy to see Baron Corbin in a main event. I'm not a huge Corbin guy, but it's nice to see more people being moved into that position than just the same guys over and over.

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
8/10

I honestly didn't dislike anything on the show. AJ killing James was entertaining, Miz vs Apollo Creed (Crews) was alright and his "burn" on Young was...wow...the fact they are actually finally pushing the Natalya and Nikki feud by cutting the BS "Who did it" stuff is good, Dean vs Harper was good, the filler match between Mojo and Curt was just filler, no harm in it, the Becky in a mask thing was funny and main event was solid.

Then again this is the first Smackdown I have watched live in like...3 years. :pokerface:

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Well...next weeks SmackDown is almost shaping up to be
a mini-pay-per-view...

WWE Wrestling News, Rumors, Results & Spoilers | Rajah.com 4-Corners Title Match Added To Next Week's "Wild Card Finals" SmackDown LIVE

Although I could have sworn that one of the Usos is out injured...
Well...hopefully he's back at 100%.

Also...I just had a thought...its stupid...but what if Carmella is going
to get Ellsworth to attack (or at least try to attack) John Cena as a
way to get at Nikki Bella.

I hope that's what it is...because nothing else would make sense...

Of course this is the WWE...So I'll just shut up about sense now.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
SmackDown was very good and extremely easy to watch. The show simply flew by, as usual. 8/10

They played off already established feuds well and set up next week's show in a good way. It feels like a mini-PPV and it's a must-see!

Positives:
- AJ Styles destroying James Ellsworth was great and exactly what it needed to be. It's been a long time coming. The post-match stuff, the further beatdown and Ziggler/Styles/Corbin promos were good, too! Looking forward to the triple-threat match next week.

- The Miz vs Apollo Crews was rock solid. Crews did really well and kudos to The Miz for making the crowd care about Crews. Damn, The Miz can get anyone over. He is truly amazing! Also, loved the post-match segment where The Miz took a shot at Renee by saying she's sleeping with Ambrose. I also loved Renee slapping him. Good segment overall.

- That Natalya/Nikki/Carmella segment was solid. Nattie is usually not good at promos, but she cut a pretty decent promo, actually. Wish Nikki had sold it, though. She just kind of stood there, emotionless. Oh, well.

- Dean Ambrose vs Luke Harper was solid. Considering Ambrose is now moving to being The Miz's next challenger, the right guy won here. The post-match stuff with The Wyatts beating down Ambrose and The Miz coming out and hitting him with the Skull Crushing Finale was good.

- Alexa Bliss vs La Luchadora (Becky Lynch under a mask) was OK for the time given. They did well with what they were given and set up a match for next week in a nice way.

- LOL, poor Ellsworth is being used by everybody. Carmella's going to use him to mess with Cena and Nikki.

- Dolph Ziggler vs Baron Corbin was a good ME, as well as the post-match stuff which set up next week's triple-threat in a good way.

Negatives:
- Mojo Rawley vs Curt Hawkins.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
7/10. Also the blueprint for why the word "burial" is overused. "Waaaahhhhh they killed Styles he no credible champ anymore he 0-3 vs Ellsworth WWE y u bury like this" oh blow it out your ass THIS WAS AWESOME.

All the people talking that mess complainers can go get somehow attacked backstage without knowing who did it. And if one of these girls took out Emmalina too, we've got an army waiting for you.

Baron Corbin is that dude, apparently. Great opening promo, quality TV match in the end. Guess he's not a slightly taller Wade Barrett minus the charisma, that was a little too harsh.

Was super cool to see the La Luchadora thingie but not liking this feud overall. Feels way too Raw. But thanks SD for more fun Luke Harper action! Keep spotlighting random midcard dudes, it's pretty cool.

If a WWE writer is reading this, sign up and join! Then PM me and explain why Curt Hawkins pinned Apollo Crews. -_- Miz might be the most improved in-ring wrestler in 2016. Even had killer matches with Ryder around WM32 season

Looking forward to next week's "If this was a PPV it would be kinda lame, but hey for a TV show it's stacked as hell!!" Smackdown! Cool concept really. It's like the old PPV themed Impacts back when we watched that show, complete with that group of people who can all go get their nails done together somewhere off my TV. ALL OF YOU SHUT UP. Oh no, you attacked Nikki Bella. You monster. :pokerface:

Reactions: Prince Bálor