Rate Smackdown Live 12/13/2016

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate this week's Smackdown Live

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 6/10

• 7/10

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • 8/10

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Rate this week's episode of Smackdown Live and leave some comments on the show!

Opening

James Ellsworth was sick and can't compete. So a four way elimination match was planned for the main event to decide the new number one contender for the WWE World Championship

We go right to the ring and WWE Intercontinental Champion The Miz is in with Marysefor another episode of MizTV. He puts over his guest and introduces AJ Styles. Out comes the WWE Champion.

Miz brings up Ellsworth not being able to wrestle tonight. AJ says it looks like he came down with a case of chin-fluenza. Styles says they did Ellsworth a favor by giving him the night off but eventually AJ is going to destroy Ellsworth in the ring. AJ goes on about what he's done and asks Miz who else is on his level. Miz says AJ is right but there's only one other Superstar that has restored prestige to his title. Miz says he has taken the Intercontinental Title and made it legendary. No offense, but Miz says AJ hasn't beat Ellsworth and he's been battling Dean Ambrose for months. Miz says he just beat Ambrose last week. AJ asks what's the point. Miz says AJ is right, he's not on AJ's level - he's above it. They stand up and face off. Miz says maybe it's time he made the WWE Title legendary. They get ready to fight but the music hits and out comes Ambrose.

Before anything can happen or Ambrose can speak, Dolph Ziggler's music hits and out he comes. Ziggler calls them paper champions and says they can't win without cheating. Miz comes in from the apron but Ziggler kicks him. Miz ends up dropping him with a Skull Crushing Finale. Ambrose hits Miz with a Dirty Deeds. AJ backs off as Ambrose stares at him from the ring. Ambrose nails Dirty Deeds on Ziggler. A graphic similar to The Wyatt Family's flashes and Harper appears with a massive clothesline on Ambrose. Harper points out at AJ. The graphic flashes again and that's it for the segment.

Natalya vs Carmella

Natalya defeated Carmella by pin fall.

#1 Contenders Battle Royal: American Alpha, The Hype Bros, Rhyno & Heath Slater, Breezango, The Ascension, The Vaudevillains

Zach Ryder won, making the Hype Bros the number one contenders to the tag team title.

Alexa Bliss vs. Deonna Purrazzo

This match never happened as Becky Lynch came and demanded her rematch. The rematch was granted by Shane McMahon.

Smackdown Live Women's Championship Match: Champion Alexa Bliss vs Becky Lynch

Becky Lynch won by count out.

Fatal 4 Way #1 Contenders Elimination Match: Dean Ambrose vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. The Miz vs. Luke Harper

Dolph Ziggler eliminated Dean Ambrose to become the number one contender to the WWE World Championship

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
You know, this really wasn't an exceptional show. I rated it a 7, just like I rated Raw last night. It wasn't really a better show, but I was more entertained than I was with Raw. I think we all know why.

Anyway, Luke Harper put on a great performance in the main event. We knew he wasn't going to win but it was still good. He deserves better.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I too voted RAW a 7 for last night and will follow the SD episode for this week with a 7 as well.

+ Hype Bros being the #1 Contenders (I used to hate Mojo Rawley but this team with Zack Ryder has been decent and since I've wanted Iced-Z in a main role on these shows for awhile now it's nice to see) I'm "hyped" to see their match vs Orton & Bray.

+ Alexa Bliss, proving more and more that she is a very effective heel in the women's division. Get it gurlllll.. [HASHTAG]#COLUMBUSOHIO[/HASHTAG]

+ Luke Harper putting on a show in the main event.

- Dolph winning the #1 Contender's spot.

Keep it up SD.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
man it would of been an 8 or 9 if Ziggler didnt win the fatal 4. They had a good opportunity to create an interesting new storyline with Harper or Miz but yet they chose Ziggler. The person whose last 2 feuds were for the WWE title and IC title and he lost both of them. Now we get a whole new storyline of whiny Ziggler promos of him saying shit like "this is the most important match of my career". And then hes gonna lose. Which will satisfy me but its still a huge waste of time.

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
Luke Harper looked good tonight, would've preferred Harper instead of Ziggler but whatever I'm sure Ziggler and Styles will put on a banger. Also +100000000 for no Ellsworth.

The tag team division on SDlive almost share the same problems the Cruiserweight division had early on. They're constantly thrown together into these cluster-fuck matches that don't allow for character growth. They have 7 teams currently ( Slater and Rhyno are about done as a tag team) each of which could be featured throughout the month properly. Breezango and the Vaudevillians deserve a damn chance!

Alexa Bliss is a great heel.

Very meh episode of SDlive. I can't believe I'm saying this but with exception of the Enzo/Rusev shit...RAW has been pretty alright, watchable at most.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
SmackDown was good as usual. The show simply flew by. 7/10

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
~ Okay...its time for the A-Show...SmackDown Live...And...here we go...

~ So...Ellsworth is sick...I'm not surprised...he doesn't look like he'd
have much of an immune system.

~ Miz TV is up now with the WWE's hottest couple...with the champ who runs
the camp. So Miz and Styles ready to go at it...and here comes the human
chipmunk Dean Ambrose and then Dolph Ziggler...and then...HELL YEAH!1!
Wyatt Family flash graphic...and Luke Harper is here! Awesome! Run AJ...
your being swarmed by the SmackDown midcard! Run!

~ Awesome...A Fatal 4 way for a title shot...Nice Booking.

~ And the lovely Nikki Bella is on commentary...shame about JBL and
David Otunga. Natalya is out next and seems pretty keen to prove she
is innocent. And out comes Carmella. Time for the match we were going
to have last week.

And its okay for the most part...but listening to Nikki Bella make fun
of JBL is pretty funny. You know...the more I hear and see of Nikki Bella...
the more I like her.

And confusion on the outside and Carmella gets the win! Good...Carmella
needed that win after the loss at TLC.

Now personally as I've said before...I understand why Natalya would have
attacked Nikki at Survivor Series...but it would just be more interesting
if it was Eva Marie or eventually Mickie James.

A Nikki Bella/Natalya feud doesn't make sense...as far as the booking goes.

I'm kind of surprised they aren't pushing a Alexa Bliss/Nikki Bella feud...
You just know WWE want to put that belt on Nikki.

Anyway...I guess I'll see how this all plays out.

~ I don't know or care about Gabriel Iglesias...Next!

~ Okay next up is a Tag Team #1 contender’s battle royal...Sweet...
I love these. More great booking by SmackDown...love your work!

~ And the Hype Bros. get the win. Not my first pick...but I can
handle it. I'm still hoping the Vaudevillains will eventually get
a push next year.

~ Oh Yeah...here comes the real top Champion of SmackDown...Alexa Bliss!

*Stands and Cheers*

Damn...she looks good with that belt...and nice work with her wearing it
around her waist...which is how a belt should be worn.

tumblr_oi5mm608MF1vbtjf6o1_500.png

Wait...who is this in the ring? A frigging Jobber? Really? Alexa deserves better
than to be in the ring with some no name Jane Ellsworth...and Goodbye Jane
the Jobber. How dare Shane & Daniel do that to Alexa.

Oh God...here comes Becky "I've lost my smile" Lynch...wait...Becky is acting
all happy this week? What the hell? Bi-polar much? No Becky...you can wait for
your rematch...you made Alexa wait long enough for her 2 matches so tell your
story walking pal...

*Cue Shane McMahon Music*

Oh No...I think I see where this is going...and we are having the rematch now.
Okay...Good...Alexa can kick Becky's (fine) Irish ass and move on to other more
important matters.

Okay...here we go...Alexa vs. Becky Rd.3...this should be good...

*Watches Match*

Okay...so why is Becky Lynch bringing out all this technical mat wrestling now?
Jesus...this is the best I've ever seen her...and why is Alexa acting like
a coward faking a knee injury? And why doesn't Becky go after Alexa instead
of letting her be counted out? Alexa has been kicking Becky's (fine) Irish ass
for like 2 months while Becky has done nothing...and now Alexa has the title
the roles are reversed? What the hell creative team?

Is that the underlying story here...that the SmackDown Women's title is cursed?

Well...Alexa is still the champion...which is great...but I hope they don't start
booking her as a weak champion. We already have that on RAW with Kevin Owens.

~ And for the main event...I'm sure this will be a sweet match.
I hoping Luke Harper or the Miz get the win.

*Watches Match*

And Ziggler gets the win...well...hey its not like I'm watching RAW
so I can live with it.

~ I'm Done.

Last edited:

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Rating this one a seven as well, even though I wasn't as hot as most on the middle of the show... It was just fun watching Harper kick eighteen tons of ass in that main event. Think I'll care MUCH more about an eventual face turn from that guy... or Orton or whatever... in the future because of this performance... Much like Becky reminding us how great she is tonight. I haven't seen much impressive from her since Takeover: Unstoppable... And Ziggler winning was fine but the Miz run-in was lame, but hey, that pretty much puts the somewhat-fears of Ellsworth winning the championship to bed... And the tag gauntlet was also a lot of fun, as well as the Miz/Styles confrontation at the start of the show (which also helped because Ambrose interrupting got a big BOOOOOOOOO from me, and the sheer randomness of the Luke Harper run-in I loved)... Bad parts? Lets start with this garbage ass "Who attacked Nikki?" feud...

But while we're having the discussion of Raw, I'm still in recap mode with that show, and over the last 3 weeks boy does it look better. It looks like they're legitimately doing stuff with the Zayn/Strowman/Foley, Rusev/Lana/Enzo, and Sasha/Charlotte feuds that makes me want to tune in. Feel like I'm really missing out... Then again I turned on last week's show and instantly saw a 18 minute promo followed by Owens pinning Sami clean and that pissed me off.

Tempted to get back into NXT, anyway.

Also Deonna Purrazzo sighting!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

Last edited:
Reactions: Grievous 3D

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Much like Becky reminding us how great she is tonight. I haven't seen much impressive from her since Takeover: Unstoppable
I'll say...if she keeps wrestling like that...Charlotte may no longer be the lady I worship...

I can't believe I just typed that...forgive me Queen Charlotte...
and the sheer randomness of the Luke Harper run-in I loved)
It was just fun watching Harper kick eighteen tons of ass in that main event. Think I'll care MUCH more about an eventual face turn from that guy... or Orton or whatever... in the future because of this performance...
Yes...Tell it Brother! Yes! Yes! Yes!
Bad parts? Lets start with this garbage ass "Who attacked Nikki?" feud...
I'm willing to give it time...only so it can be revealed it was Eva Marie or Mickie James...
I'm all for some Hot Nikki on Mickie action...Wrestling action you perverts!
Also Deonna Purrazzo sighting!!!
What's she like? Would she be worth adding to the main roster?

CzqyDtpUQAARZSa.jpg

*Beep! Beep! Beep!*

Oh don't mind that...its the tiny shorts detector...

*Turns off*