Rate SmackDown Live 11/8/16

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate this week's SmackDown Live episode on the scale of 1-10

• 1/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

• 6/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
You know the drill, ladies and gentlemen. Vote above and give your thoughts below!
SmackDown Live Results:
— Shane McMahon opened the show with the men’s Smackdown Survivor Series team of AJ Styles, Dean Ambrose, Randy Orton, Bray Wyatt and Baron Corbin. James Ellsworth also came to the ring and was told he would be the official team mascot for Smackdown at the pay-per-view. Shane announced there would be a six-man tag match later: Wyatt, Orton and Luke Harper against Ambrose, Corbin and Ellsworth.

1. Naomi defeated Natalya. Nikki Bella sat in on commentary for this match. Naomi won via rollup pin after Carmella came to ringside to argue with Nikki.

— Backstage, Baron Corbin refused to be in the six-man tag match, so Shane mad a match between him and Kalisto, and gave Corbin’s spot in the main event to Kane.

— The match between Corbin and Kalisto never started. Corbin attacked Kalisto before the bell, but fell from the ring apron and hurt his knee. Kalisto attacked Corbin’s leg until referees came down to check on Baron.

— Daniel Bryan and Shane revealed backstage that Corbin will be off the Survivor Series team due to injury.

2. Smackdown Women’s Championship Match: Becky Lynch (c) defeated Alexa Bliss. Lynch retained her title with the Disarmer, but Alexa had her feet on the ropes and the referee did not notice.

— The Brian Kendrick vs. Kalisto was announced for Survivor Series. If Kalisto wins, the cruiserweight title and division will move to Smackdown.

3. Curt Hawkins defeated Apollo Crews.

— It was announced that Dolph Ziggler will face The Miz for the Intercontinental Championship on next week’s 900th episode of Smackdown.

4. Bray Wyatt, Randy Orton and Luke Harper defeated James Ellsworth, Dean Ambrose and Kane. Ellsworth tagged in, missed No Chin Music and got pinned by Wyatt.

— Daniel Bryan announced that Shane McMahon would replace Baron Corbin on the Smackdown men’s Survivor Series team.

Source: Uproxx

In-depth results: Cageside Seats

Last edited:

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
~ And we open with Team SmackDown (And Luke Harper) in the ring...
6 talented wrestlers...and Boring Corbin. Nice to see Ellsworth
getting a run at Survivor Series. Team Mascot...Waterboy...same
thing really. I'm still hoping he hits some "No Chin Music" on Dirk HugeBlast.

~ So SmackDown is following the RAW tactic of having future
Survivor team mates beat the shit out of each other...Great.
Some RAW stupid must have jumped across with Jack Swagger
a while back and has now finally started to effect the Blue Brand.

~ Am I only one who likes The Vaudevillains? Seriously...these
guys are great in-ring workers. Bring back Blue Pants to hang
with them...she'd fit right in color wise and would give the women's
division someone new to work with.

bp3.jpg

~ Okay...the Ladies are out early tonight with Naomi vs. Natalya
with the luscious Nikki Bella on commentary. Nice...Shame I still
have to listen to JBL. Man...I miss the old days when he was
Bradshaw and just drank beer, played poker and clotheslined people to Hell.

Anyway...enough about John O'Clock...lets focus on the ladies...
Oh Great...Natalya has a whistle now...and it sounds broken.
Hey Nattie...I've got something you can blow on.

Its my harmonica...what did you guys think I was talking about?

Argh!!! An Neon Alien Squid has invaded SmackDown Live...RUN!!!
Oh wait...its just Naomi...Phew.

Nikki Bella is actually really nice to listen to...can she
replace JBL? Oh look...here comes Carmella...and now Nikki
& Carmella are fighting...that's new...Nattie...stop blowing that
whistle for God's sake! Okay...so Nattie gets pinned, Carmella
gets dropped like a bag of kaiju shit with Nikki and Naomi walking
off looking pleased with themselves.

Okay...so for the record...I love Carmella (especially in her old NXT
outfits)...but it would make more sense for Natalya to be on the Team
for Survivor Series. Just saying...

~ So Boring Corbin doesn't want to be in the main event...Dumb.
Then he injures himself attacking Kalisto...Double Dumb.
At least this means Old Man Kane gets a run tonight.

~ Undertaker & Edge are showing up next week at SmackDown 900...that's cool.

~ Okay...so Shane and Daniel will announce a replacement for
Boring Corbin later. Well Luke Harper should be a shoe-in.

beckybliss_0.png

~ And here it is...the biggest match in SmackDown Live History :p
the match we missed at No Mercy... The Irish Lass Kicker Becky Lynch
vs. Five Foot of Fury Alexa Bliss for the Women's Championship.

Okay...so I've watched it twice...and Wow...this really was a great match.
Alexa really showed her in-ring skills tonight and looked as sharp as a razor.
Becky was also great...but Alexa clearly was the star. My favorite moment was
that stand off in the early stages of the match.

So...I didn't really expect Alexa to win the match...I wanted her to...
but I knew she wasn't going to get the Gold...but the ending did throw me.
So Becky won...kind of? You know after everything that has gone wrong for
Becky since Backlash (Weak booking and her injury) I think it would have
been better for her to get a "clean" victory over Alexa and perhaps end the feud.

tumblr_og3msw_CROy1ux0q3go1_540.png

But...it all comes down to the ladies SmackDown "drafted"

You see...Natalya feuded with Becky just before the brand split,
Carmella is even "greener" than Alexa and Eva Marie is still M.I.A.
Nikki Bella and Naomi are both faces...so it really only leaves Alexa
as the best option in the short term.

Now I'm an Alexa Fanboy so I'm happy to see the feud continue
(Possible Rematch next week at SmackDown 900?) and may-be I'll get my wish
for a Ladder match between Alexa & Becky at TLC...but looking at the booking
long term...Becky may drop the belt to Alexa...simply so it can be passed
on to Nikki Bella or Naomi. Just a thought...

~ Miz & Ziggler going one more round at SmackDown 900...you would think
The Miz would be the favorite for that match...being the whole "Face vs. Heel"
tradition...unless they make a triple threat match with Miz, Ziggler and Zayn
for Survivor Series. That would be cool.

~ Kalisto vs. The Brian Kendrick for the Cruiserweight Title at Survivor Series...
Hey...question...why is he called THE Brian Kendrick...I don't get it? So now
2 titles and an entire division are on the line in the Red vs. Blue War. Interesting...

~ Curt Hawkins had a win...Yay?

~ And in the main event Bray Wyatt picks up the win for his team...Wow ...this
has to be a record for Bray...I thought surely he would have been pinned this week.
Keep it going WWE...more wins for Bray!

~ And the replacement for Boring Corbin is...Shane McMahon...

Excuse me what?

Yes...RAW must have sent Swagger as a sleeper agent to infect and destroy SmackDown
from within.

This is dumb...So dumb...but whatever...at least SmackDown is still better than RAW.

(P.S: These comments are made just for laughs...I'm just being a snarky bastard)

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
SmackDown produced yet another good and extremely easy show to watch. 7/10

The build-up towards Survivor Series and 900th episode of SmackDown was good and every segment meant something.

And unlike RAW, the show never felt boring.

Thank you, based SD!

Positives:
- The opening segment was solid. The "fight each other and get it out of your system" shtick came off better than what was done on RAW. As opposed to Stephanie, Shane's trying to get his team on the same page. Also, LOL'd at Styles saying Ellsworth looks like a foot.

- Breezango vs The Vaudevillains was amusing enough given the time constraint. I'm glad Breezango will be joining Team SmackDown.

- Naomi vs Natalya was OK, but there was too much focus on Nikki and Carmella. Even though I appreciate the fact that the Nikki/Carmella feud was given time to continue, I feel Naomi and Nattie should've gotten a little bit more of ring time. But, oh well.

- Kalisto and Corbin segment was good. I'm glad they rekindled the feud and Kalisto got his revenge, but the set up for Corbin's knee injury should've been better. He looked like a clumsy idiot by slipping on the ring apron. Would've been better had Kalisto tripped him with a kick or something. But, it was a good segment, nevertheless.

- Becky Lynch vs Alexa Bliss was good and MOTN. Both Becky and Alexa played their roles well and that finish (which I liked) confirms there will be a rematch.

- The Shane-O Mac/DB/Miz and Maryse segment was good. The Miz vs Dolph Ziggler for the IC title was made for next week's 900th episode of SmackDown.
They also made an announcement that Kalisto will be facing Brian Kendrick for the CW title at SS. I love it! With 205 Live airing right after SmackDown, the CW division finding its new home on SmackDown Live is the best move! Also, DZ losing the IC title to Zayn would be something I would be pleased with.

- Bray Wyatt, Randy Orton & Luke Harper vs Dean Ambrose, James Ellsworth & Kane was a solid ME.
Post-match, DB came out and announced that Shane O-Mac will replace Corbin. I am fine with that. He'll be a part of the team and will do everything in his power to keep his team together and also set up a match with Lesnar.

Negatives:
- None.

Neutral:
- Hawkins/Crews stuff. It wasn't bad, but it's hard to care about either guy.

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
Hey SDLive, you know a main event is the match that not only gets the most time but CLOSES THE FUCKING SHOW!? Seriously stop this false-main event shit, there was no reason for Women's championship match to go on last. Other than that I'd say RAW/Smackdown were both overall meh this week but at least SDlive was an hour less of it, 6/10.

The Good:

Shane O'mac on the SS team? Kewl. But why risk your well being for bragging rights? WE NEED THE STAKES WELL DONE AND PRIME CUT.

Kalisto Vs. Kendrick for not only the cruiserweight championship but the entire division...holy Foley. Guess it would make sense to put the CW division on SDlive with 205live starting a week after SurvivorSeries. So does this mean RAW might take both mid card championships? Honestly these are the only two matches I care about.

Dispite not actually being the main event I thought Lynch/Bliss was a good match. Was it a better match than any Charlotte/Sasha match?...eh but a good match nonetheless. They atleast know what in-ring psychology is and I for one appreciate that. From the looks of it, we'll be getting Becky/Alexa 2 at TLC hopefully in a TLC or ladder match.

The Meh:

The opening segment kinda feel flat to me. I would've liked more involvement from Wyatt and Orton promo wise. Styles is getting better on the mic each week i'll never get tired of him shitting on Ellsworth.

Kinda wish the Women got individual segments instead of being lumped together. Like the Carmella/Bella shit could've been done backstage. Natalya is kinda funny in this mom role. Also Naomi looked like the neon Finn Balor tonight so that's cool.

Wish Corbin stayed on the team...

The Bad:

R.I.P Black Neville.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
So this was the first show I watched coming back into watching WWE.. not bad, I really need to get used to this new format though, it's throwing me off, totally fell out of the loop and didn't know of the draft or anything like that.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
So this was the first show I watched coming back into watching WWE.. not bad, I really need to get used to this new format though, it's throwing me off, totally fell out of the loop and didn't know of the draft or anything like that.

Well, get caught up with it, dude. You've missed out on some pretty good to great stuff. Because SmackDown is no longer the "B" show. It's THE show.