Rate Smackdown Live 11/7/2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Smackdown Live!

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

• 6/10

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • 7/10

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • 8/10

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • 9/10

• 10/10

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Rate tonight's episode of Smackdown Live and leave comments to let us know what you thought of the show!
Opening

Shane McMahon came out and blamed Angle and Stephanie for what happened to Daniel Bryan. He promised Angle he would get revenge at Survivor Series. He then let the audience know that Bryan would be back next week. He then introduced the New Day.

The New Day said they didn't intend to have the Shield lose the tag belts but that it was simply a consequence of being under siege. They then said that since they were on the Raw roster, they wouldn't do anything. They were eventually interrupted by Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens. They bickered with Shane for a while and insulted the New Day. He made a match between Kofi and Zayn

Kofi Kingston vs Sami Zayn

Kofi won by pin fall.

Survivor Series Qualifying Match: Rusev vs Randy Orton

Randy Orton qualified by pinning Rusev

Backstage

James Ellsworth asked Tamina to go get Carmella and she left. Then Becky Lynch came in the room and the two bickered.

James Ellsworth vs Becky Lynch

Becky forced James Ellsworth to submit. After the match, Carmella turned on Ellsworth, kicked him and left.

Smackdown Tag Team Championship: Champions the Usos vs Shelton Benjamin and Chad Gable

Benjamin and Gable won by count out

WWE Championship: Champion Jinder Mahal vs AJ Styles

AJ Styles defeated Jinder Mahal to become a two time WWE Champion.

Last edited:

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
200.gif

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Didn't watch, but auto 10/10 FOR THE END OF THE MAHARAJA'S REIGN AS CHAMPION!

NOW I WILL SPEAK THE LANGUAGE OF MY PEOPLE, BEAVER.

*click click click click click click click grrrr*

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Rate tonight's episode of Smackdown Live and leave comments to let us know what you thought of the show!

Opening

Shane McMahon came out and blamed Angle and Stephanie for what happened to Daniel Bryan. He promised Angle he would get revenge at Survivor Series. He then let the audience know that Bryan would be back next week. He then introduced the New Day.

The New Day said they didn't intend to have the Shield lose the tag belts but that it was simply a consequence of being under siege. They then said that since they were on the Raw roster, they wouldn't do anything. They were eventually interrupted by Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens. They bickered with Shane for a while and insulted the New Day. He made a match between Kofi and Zayn

Kofi Kingston vs Sami Zayn

Kofi won by pin fall.

Survivor Series Qualifying Match: Rusev vs Randy Orton

Backstage

James Ellsworth asked Tamina to go get Carmella and she left. Then Becky Lynch came in the room and the two bickered.

James Ellsworth vs Becky Lynch

Becky forced James Ellsworth to submit. After the match, Carmella turned on Ellsworth, kicked him and left.

Smackdown Tag Team Championship: Champions the Usos vs Shelton Benjamin and Chad Gable

WWE Championship: Champion Jinder Mahal vs AJ Styles

Is the first spoiler there to trick me?
Cause it worked...
:notsure:

• Haha
Reactions: Death Walker

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
A smooth show in quite some time. Minor hiccups or bad ideas. 8/10
200.gif

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score

Kofi won by pin fall.
I have to say...I'd rather see Owens & Zayn on the SmackDown team than Shane...

The New Day vs. The Shield should be good...even if its just an excuse to make
"The Guy I don't mention by Name" look strong.

Dear WWE...

Please stop burying Rusev...

Yours with hate...

Grievous...

Rip his fucking arm off and beat him to death with it Becky!!!

And now we get the match I was dreading...

Becky In The Sky With Diamonds vs. Carmella's Pet Blob Fish...Oh...and all the lovely
ladies of SmackDown are coming out to watch this one...

LUMBERJILL MATCH!

And Damn...my Bae Charlotte is wearing her red outfit I love...I swear every time I see
Charlotte in her ring attire I wish I was Ant-Man and I could plan a spelunking expedition
in her cleavage.

Anyway...on to the match...and yes...I agree audience...I hope Becky does kill the blob fish...

"Hey, hey Becky! Oh Ah! I wanna know, will you be my girl!"

I love it! But hold on audience...we all know Becky is Charlotte's girl...so just keep that in mind...

And now I'm jealous of the blob fish...he living out one of my fantasies of being sandwiched between
Becky's thighs...

THE BLOB FISH KISSED BECKY'S HANDS!!! AND HUGGED HER!!! HOW DARE HE!!!

NOW I'M REALLY JEALOUS!!!

Rip his arm off Becky! Yay! Becky won...and the match wasn't so bad really...shame Paige didn't
show up like I was hoping...

And Carmella looks amazing in that outfit...and...YES! CARMELLA SUPERKICKED THE
BLOB FISH! Can we ship him off to 205 Live now? Please?

Team him up with Enzo so I can ignore both of them together...

And My Bae Charlotte is fighting Natalya for the women's title next week? Okay...I'm guessing the
RAW women will show up and attack ending the match in a no contest...mainly because I can't see
them pitting Charlotte against Alexa...

God I hope they don't...

Knowing the WWE booking team Alexa will hit a DDT after 6 minutes and pin Charlotte
clean...because AlexaWinslol...

But seriously...you just know someone "in the back" wants Alexa to pin Charlotte sooner
or later...

Well...better here than on a pay per view I guess...

But...I just can't see A.J lasting longer than Joe or Strowman did...mainly because
"Vince McMahon loves big sweaty men!" although...may-be that "Guy I don't mention
by Name" will show up and help A.J win?

Ehh...either way...Styles is the World Champion again! Praise the Wrestling Gods!

celebrate.gif

Asuka Lock

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
suicide
Favorite Wrestler
johnmorrison
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Eh, a solid 6 nothing to really write home about Aj and Lesnar should be good. and uh new day and shield is probably happening so that's a thing.

going to give 205 live credit here too because I don't see a thread for it! anyways it was fun to see the UK guys on it

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
You know, I wasn't going to watch this show, but now that the title change happened, I am definitely checking it out.

It's already a 10/10 'cause Styles is the new WWE Champ!

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
WWE should be really really really REALLY happy that they have AJ Styles on their team as of now. The guy is super over, a believable champion and also one of their best babyfaces for his workrate alone. Just wait until Survivor Series where, instead of Jinder, Styles can Lesnar's boot and everybody's gonna be upset again lmao, but I hope they kill it next Sunday

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
WWE is like an abusive husband. They just kick the shit out of u all the time but sometimes on that rare night he brings u home flowers and some Burger King. That's like what happened tonight with AJ Styles. He's flowers and Burger King.

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score

Ellsworth.... They can easily do without him..IMO *SMH*
Hey, I admit, I love Charlotte's Attire.
Over all.... Glad Becky Won.

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
First off, gave it a solid 7/10. Really fun show overall, enjoyed it a lot more in comparison to RAW yesterday...

On to the major talking points, the title change in the main event was obviously the big story coming out of Smackdown and I must admit, the outcome did come as a surprise.

For the longest time and in various threads I had already expressed my opinion about the longevity of Mahal's title reign and more specifically how I could not see WWE running the same plan for both RAW and Smackdown. In other words, if the plan set in stone is for Brock to keep the Universal title all the way to Wrestlemania (which indeed seems to be the case), I just found it hard to believe they would do the exact same thing with Mahal and the WWE championship on Smackdown and...Lord behold, we got us a neeeeeeeeeeeeeew WWE champion in AJ Styles.

Now, granted, this could easily be a case in which perhaps AJ keeps the belt for a short period of time only for Jinder Mahal to win it back during the tour in India. Or, God forbid, Jinder invokes his rematch clause (don't you all just hate those) and we get the rematch...next week...and he wins...in cheep fashion perhaps....but wins...and we still get Brock versus Mahal at Survivor Series.

By no means is my intention to spoil the fun but like I've noted on numerous occasions before, we all ought to have an open mind. AJ Styles vs. Brock Lesnar is certainly an upgrade for Survivor Series and hopefully WWE realised this by doing the title change yesterday, however, this is still WWE we are talking about and I would not put it past them if they swerve us come next Tuesday. What are the odds, you may ask?

Looking at the bigger picture and keeping in mind that next week is the go home show, I figure the big angle for SD will be RAW's retaliation for the attack they suffered, which will also lead to (amongst other things) the very possible confirmation of a New Day vs. Shield match given neither team (or members of each respectively) have anything to do at the PPV. So, if they indeed run this expected angle, that should be the main focus of the show, which is why I probably find it unlikely they do the AJ/Mahal rematch...unless....and I'm just thinking out loud here...they have Brock show up during it?

Nah. They've already made it clear that the focus will be Roman Reign's return next week and I'm pretty sure he will lead the charge for RAW retaliating, thus having Smackdown going off the air with a good old fashioned brawl. So, to answer my question above, I'd say the odds are slim to none, but I'm definetely keeping an open mind and preparing for anything come next week.

Elsewhere, or should I say...Elseworth?

- I must admit, didn't think WWE would go ahead with an intergender type of match (or, battle of the sexes, as they called it) but they did it anyway and even though we didn't really see any dangerous or weird spots I guess it was fun all around. Oh, James you lucky bastard....

- The tag team championship match I thought fell kind of flat, though I guess from a booking point of view, it was probably the logical ending what they did...

- You know, the Smackdown men's team has one final spot open. Could you imagine the pop if...Daniel Bryan was announced next week as the fifth and final member? I know...dream on...

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
To the Ellsworth to women storyline.