Rate SmackDown Live 11/22/16

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate this week's SmackDown Live episode on the scale of 1-10

• 1/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

• 6/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
You know the drill. Vote above and give your thoughts below!

SmackDown Live Results:
— Shane McMahon opened the show and said he feels like he’s been in a car wreck after Survivor Series. He gave props to Team Raw and thanked Team Smackdown, especially Randy Orton and Bray Wyatt, for getting Smackdown the big win. Dean Ambrose came out and said they should be celebrating. Shane called him out for teaming up with his Shield brethren, but Ambrose changed the topic by bringing out James Ellsworth, who entered in a neck brace. They surprised Ellsworth by offering him an official Smackdown Live contract. Shane also gave Dean the night off and told him to leave the building, because he’s been out of control as of late. As Dean left, AJ Styles entered. Styles said Ellsworth hasn’t earned anything, and he challenged him to a ladder match for his contract. Ellsworth accepted, and said if he wins, he also wants a future shot at the WWE title. Shane made it official for tonight.

1. Intercontinental Championship Match: The Miz (c) defeated Kalisto. Baron Corbin tried to interfere in the match. Kalisto fought him off, but the opening allowed Miz to hit the Skull Crushing Finale and get the pin.

— After the match, Corbin hit Kalisto with End of Days while The Miz and Maryse applauded from the top of the ramp. Dolph Ziggler appeared behind Miz and superkicked him.

2. Tag Team Turmoil Match: American Alpha defeated The Ascension, The Hype Bros, Breezango, The Vaudevillains, and The Usos. This was a gauntlet match to crown new No. 1 contenders for the Smackdown Tag Team Championship. The Ascension and The Hype Bros started out and the Hype Bros eliminated the Ascension. Then Breezango came in and eliminated Hype Bros with a combination slingshot elbow drop/lungblower. American Alpha was next and countered Breezango’s finishers into a Chad Gable roll-up. American Alpha then hit a combination dropkick/German suplex to eliminate The Vaudevillains in mere seconds. The Usos were the final team and took their time coming to the ring. American Alpha managed to win the gauntlet with Grand Amplitude.

— After the match, the Wyatt Family appeared on the screen and addressed American Alpha. Bray Wyatt said they haven’t faced all the tag teams yet, and Randy Orton said they’re not just a team, they’re a family. Bray told American Alpha to catch their breath for tonight, because he and Orton are coming for them next week.

3. Becky Lynch defeated Natalya. Alexa Bliss sat in on commentary for this match. Becky forced Natalya to tap out to the Disarmer. Alexa attacked Becky after the match.

4. Baron Corbin defeated Kane. Kalisto attacked Corbin mid-match, causing the referee to ring the bell for the disqualification.

— After the match, Kane chokeslammed Corbin. Kalisto stood over Corbin, then tried to use a chair on him, but Corbin evaded it. Kalisto threw the chair to Corbin and gave him a Van Daminator, and Corbin took a powder. Kalisto stood in the ring with the chair and dared him to fight.

5. Ladder Match: James Ellsworth defeated AJ Styles. Ambrose showed up to help Ellsworth, but Styles took him out with a Phenomenal Forearm. Ellsworth toppled the ladder as Styles was climbing, then hit No Chin Music and Styles got caught in the rope, allowing Ellsworth to grab the contract and earn a title shot.

Source: uproxx

In-depth results: Cageside Seats

Reactions: Jacob Fox

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
Another good episode of Smackdown live...would've been better with the Cruiserweights...8/10

The Good:

Dean Ambrose's antics tonight actually didn't annoy me like they did in 2015. It was subtle and actually added to the show. Also seeing Shane get more and more pissed throughout the night was priceless. I wonder if that'll go anywhere like maybe Shane turning heel or Ambrose Vs. Shane, probably just a way to right him off TV.

The Corbin/Kalisto stuff was cool and FINALLY Kalisto didn't look like a complete bitch. Nice to see the mid-card in action...now if we could just get Crews on TV...

The tag team turmoil although very predictable was fun to watch. I knew there had to be a team after the Uso's to challenge AA but I wasn't expecting the Wyatt's. It would have been a good time to debut the Revival. I'm assuming Bray ( or Luke)and Orton are going to have a tag title run before they split? I'm down! Who else could Slater and Rhyno realistically drop the belts to right now?

Becky Lynch and Ambrose +10000000000000000000000000-e

So Nikki Vs. Carmella in a No-DQ match at TLC...nice. I want Nikki to go through a table. It would be kinda cool if the Women's championship match was made a TLC match I think it warrants the stipulation.

The meh:

Not enough reprimanding for SDlive taking majority of the L's at Survivor Series. They made such a big deal about the damn PPV I feel it's only necessary.

This whole James Ellsworth meme is starting to get old.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
SmackDown was good and easy to watch. They revisited already established angles/feuds and set the stage for TLC. 7/10

Positives:
- The opening segment with Shane-O Mac, Ambrose, Ellsworth and Styles was solid. Wish they focused more on Ambrose being punished for his actions at SS, though.

- Pissed off Shane was great throughout the show.

- The Miz vs Kalisto was solid. I didn't mind the Corbin distraction, since it allows for his feud with Kalisto to continue. As well as DZ/Miz. That Superkick post-match was nice.

- Comedy Ambrose is usually the worst Amborse. But, he was actually funny this time. The "Heard it! Loved it!" line to Becky Lynch's "pizza" pun while he was offscreen was gold.

- I really hope they continue with Nattie's music-based lines and Alexa's reactions to 'em. They're great.

- The tag team turmoil was good. I mean, you can't go wrong with AA/Usos, that stuff was good. Looking forward to AA vs Orton & Wyatt next week. Wow, I've actually warmed up to Orton as a part of The Wyatts, so I'm curious to see what happens next week.

- Becky Lynch vs Natalya was rock solid and with the right outcome.

- Kane vs Corbin was thankfully a very short match. Kalisto coming out and attacking Corbin made sense and set up a match for TLC.

- AJ Styles/James Ellsworth stuff in the ME was fine, I guess. I wasn't bothered by it.

Negatives:
- None.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
MY SMACKDOWN LIVE REVIEW!

*started Tuesday night*

I'm starting this by saying it's been about 52 hours since survivor series has ended and I'm STILL coming to terms with the fact that..... I WAS THERE!!!!
Jesus christ I finally went to a ppv.... Finally. And one of the Big 4. And, stated by many as the best ppv of the year.
I was also at roadblock in march but that was only classified as a 'network special'. So I still don't see it on the same level as a ppv. There was alot of b talent there with the exception of HHH, Lesnar and..... that might have been it at the time. Oh Jericho too!
And to be able to attend the event that was GOLDBERG'S return match was something special. Some people hated the outcome, I fucking loved it. Me and my buddy were going ape shit for that....along with atleast 15,000 other people.

They better not be building up a kalisto/baron feud for kalisto to win.
Baron needs some credibility as a big guy and maybe one day we can see baron/strowman. I think if they keep on destructive paths that could be a good match.
I know alot of people don't like either one, but they're athletic as hell and.

Oh my god alexa bliss is fine. God damn!

Man I love the story telling on smackdown. And the whole presentation is so sporty looking. It's pretty cool. Aside from aj, they're taking these B type wrestlers and making a great show.

I like raw aswell, but I prefer the smackdown presentation and execution.

I'm so fucking disappointed with how the ascension has been used. They look like they could be power houses.
Sigh. I guess they need jobbers too, though.

***Watched second half Wednesday night***

American Alpha and usos put on good matches. I like the AA, their wrestling skill is amazing. They neeeed that kurt angle leadership to push them to the level they deserve. Make it happen WWE!

Ellsworth is awesome.
Dean is awesome.

Natalya and becky made a good match there. But Alexa Bliss stole the show there. God damn. Give her that title!!! Probably my favourite woman wrestler. I'm so glad I got to see her (from far away lol) in person.

Miz is a great IC champion. I can't get enough of the heel champs btw. They are what make the show so good alot of the time for me.

Unfortunately someone in creative fucked us in Toronto and took Nikki out of the match. It was cool to see natty in there, but I would have liked to see nikki. Even a run in at some point... anything.

Kane's intro makes you jump if you're not expecting it at that second. It's a loud bang lol. But, his time has very clearly passed. Hope he puts baron over here.
I also noticed that smackdown still gets booked as a b show. They had all the right to be in Toronto if the leafs or raptors didn't have a home game. But instead they get shafted to Ottawa.
And a kalisto interference now. Lame. If they put kalisto over corbin in this feud.....then that's fucked up. Looks like they're having a chair match at tlc. He tried to hit him with a chair lol. I hate chairs matches.

Ok the styles/ellsworth match up next. What fun ☺!
I really hope ellsworth wins. Even if it's by interference and someone else grabbing it for him. John cena?

Fuck yeah! A clean win for jimmy boy. That no chin music was pretty sweet....ha ha.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
^Great review, but lemme correct one thing.. Dawson and Wilder are NOT B-Talent. :tough: haha

Anyway. I'm gonna have to shorten these reviews that take 10 years to write lol. Any suggestions? But this is getting a 9/10. Mean that differently from that 10/10 a few weeks ago because of a certain impact that was felt.

I'm just thrilled to finally see WWE do the little things well. Like having Alexa be on commentary... yet still having the match have a clean finish. Next segment not wasting time with a garbage ass Corbin vs Kane match and just getting right to the DQ. Also, having Nikki Bella be laid out backstage by someone and letting it be an actual mystery. And Miz is doing by far the best work of his career right now. But most of this is a broken record. "They actually spent less than a minute backstage to tell you why a match is happening!" always gets bonus points. THANK YOU.

But really, what drove this show home for me was the tag team turmoil. The opening part was a mess but the Alphas and the Usos going at it in the end was fun... but then Wyatt and Orton (Harper too) popped up and issued a threat to American Alpha... and I instantly got worried for AA's chances next week... I actually took a Wyatt threat seriously. They repaired Slater. And Miz. And Ziggler... And now took the most damaged character on the roster in the most apathetic storyline I've seen since Dixie Carter vs MVP and brute forced our way into taking him... hell, them seriously as threats for at least the tag titles. Incredible!

Keep it up SD!

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Lol I just meant main roster, well known guys.

Other than Brock and hhh moat guys were on the low end of the totem pole

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I also noticed that smackdown still gets booked as a b show.

They can paint it as the B show all they want, but we all know SmackDown is the A show now.

RAW, however, pretends to be one. :hhh2:

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Goldberg! Goldberg! Goldberg! Goldberg! Goldberg! Goldberg! Alexa Bliss! Goldberg!
Goldberg! Becky Lynch! Goldberg! Goldberg! Goldberg! Goldberg! Goldberg! Goldberg!
Goldberg! Goldberg! Goldberg! Goldberg! Goldberg! Nikki Bella! Goldberg! Goldberg!
Goldberg! Goldberg! Carmella! Goldberg! Goldberg! Goldberg! Goldberg! Goldberg!

Okay...I'll stop now...I mean I'm running out of salt to rub in the wound and I'm
running out of tissues for all the Bork Fanboys.

On to the 901st episode of SmackDown Live.

~ Okay...so I thought I'd be sick of Ellsworth by now...but I'm not. Nice Neckbrace.
I'm also glad Shane is okay...even if I believe he shouldn't have been in that match
to begin with.

He wants Ambrose to leave the building *Sniff Sniff* Do you guys smell that? It smells
like bad comedy. Okay so I like A.J Styles...but you think he'd stop picking fights
with Ellsworth...I mean Ellsworth keeps beating him.

Its funny to think that Ellsworth has more victories over A.J than John Cena does.

Oh Cool...a ladder match...I loves me a ladder match.

~ The Miz is a pretty lucky guy...I mean he has Maryse and the Intercontinental title.
So...are they building to a Daniel Bryan/Miz Wrestlemania 33 match? I mean...that would
be amazing...just imagine the Yes chants. Kalisto just gets a shot at the Intercontinental
title? Okay...why not?

~ Comedy Skit #1: Get out and stay out young man!

~ Okay...The Miz vs. Kalisto...and look here comes Baron Foreskin...and he costs Kalisto
the match. Hey Boring Corbin...pick on someone as dull as you! Wait...that's Impossible...
Large McHugeKnuckles is on RAW. Hey look...there is Dolph Ziggler...I wonder what he was
doing on Sunday night...besides NOT WRESTING!!!

~ Everyone Shut Up! Alexa Bliss is on the screen...pass me my hand lotion...I'm kidding...
I'll need the lotion later when I watch the replay. Hey...its Becky Lynch on the TV and
she's talking...Jam that up your teeth Kevin Dunn F*cked up. So...that's what Natalya
does now? She just quotes song lyrics now? I agree Alexa...I can't either.

~ Comedy Skit #2: Hey...did anyone order a deep dish joke with extra ham?

~ Okay...Good...Daniel Bryan is going to deal with Baron Foreskin...this should be good...
And he puts him in a match with Old Man Kane...Ugh...okay...moving on.

~ Wow...A Tag Team Turmoil Match...this is a cool idea...and the team who needed the win
gets the win...Nice work American Alpha and nice work SmackDown creative. Oh hey...its the
Eater of Worlds and Survivor Series MVP Bray Wyatt. So wait...Bray & Orton are coming for
American Alpha next week...didn't Orton's wife just give birth? I heard Randy was taking
some time off...well...Harper is there so it should work out. This is great...have Bray
& Orton/Harper crush American Alpha and then crush Slater & Rhyno for the Gold. Do it!
Bray has never held any titles before. Do it! Do it Now!

~ Comedy Skit #3: Ambrose as a/the Mountie? What's that all aboot?

Hey do you guys remember that wrestler The Mountie? I do...it was implied that he was
raped in jail at Summerslam 1991. No...I'm serious...that actually happened...look it up.

~ Okay...The Irish Lass Kicker Becky Lynch vs. Natalya "I Really Deserve Better" Neidhart...
This should be good match...Oh My...Alexa Bliss is on commentary...Shut the Fuck Up JBL! I'm
trying to stay ha...I mean...I'm trying to listen to the 5 foot of fury.

tumblr_oh2t3e3u161ux0q3go1_540_Copy.png

Man...David Otunga is an idiot...Don't listen to him Alexa...he's just one step away from
being JBL. And...the match ends with Becky winning and then getting attacked by Alexa Bliss.

I don't think I've ever seen a champion get their ass kicked more than Becky Lynch...I mean this
is like the third time Alexa has smacked her around...not that I mind...but seriously...Champions
should be booked to look stronger than this.

~ Okay...The Miz vs. Ziggler in a ladder match for Intercontinental title at TLC. I'm sure
it will be another great clash between those two. Sounds like a great way to end the feud.

~ Hey...check it out...the two biggest stars of Total Divas/Bellas...and Nikki Bella who
is attached to them. Okay...so I'm glad there addressing the attack on Nikki Bella...but
Carmella is to obvious a suspect. Carmella has only attacked Nikki when a Camera has been
around...she wants the WWE universe to see her kicking Nikki's (fine) ass. It was a sneak
attack at Survivor Series...which to me points to someone more sneaky...someone more evil...
someone more...botchy.

Oh Wow...a No DQ Match at TLC between Nikki Bella & Carmella...Hell Yeah! Okay...but I'm
calling this right now. In the match Nikki Bella is flat out destroying Carmella only for
*Drum Roll* Eva Marie to return and help Carmella put Nikki through a table and win the match...
thus beginning a Nikki/Eva feud fueled by jealously and the "real life" tension between the two
on Total Divas. I believe this was the original plan they had penciled in before Eva had her
wellness policy violation and the acting gig in that new Nicolas Cage film.

It also would make sense because Nikki replaced Eva at Summerslam...so part of Eva's revenge
was making Nikki miss Survivor Series...one of the big four pay per views...just like what Eva
missed and therefore allowing Nikki to return to the spotlight.

I love the "idea" of this feud mainly because I understand Eva's motivation in trying to destroy
Nikki and take her place as the "Alpha Diva" (That's different from Charlotte being the Alpha Female) Eva wants everything Nikki has...and she'll take Nikki out to get it. Oh God...I can already see the promos for a fake "Total Eva" show.

The problem is...well...Eva still can't really wrestle...and Nikki Bella not only looks like
a supermodel...but she has some sweet wrestling chops as well...which I have to admit surprised
me when I first had a chance to see her in action. Remember I only came back to wrestling this
year around the Royal Rumble...so I knew who Nikki Bella was..but I had never seen her wrestle.

Also...yes...I have watched several episodes of Total Divas & Total Bellas. Yes...I know its scripted.
No...I'm not ashamed to admit I watch those shows. No...I don't care what anyone thinks of me.

I'm also guessing Carmella moves into a feud with Naomi over who has the better moonwalk? May-be?

~ Oh look...Boring Corbin vs. Old Man Kane...Help! I'm falling asleep! Oh look...here comes
Kalisto to get back at Baron Foreskin...rinse, repeat...asleep...

*Wakes Up*

~ So...Ladder Matches are great...but this whole Ambrose/Styles/Ellsworth dance has been
played out for a little bit too long. I hope after TLC A.J gets to fight someone else and Ellsworth
gets to interact with more of the SmackDown roster.

Can we have a segment where he somehow spills oil/paint/mustard on Eva Marie when
she returns...just imagine the pop/lols that would get.

~ Done.

Last edited: