Rate SmackDown Live 11/15/16

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate the 900th episode of SmackDown Live on the scale of 1-10

• Total voters

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
You know the drill, ladies and gentlemen. Vote above and give your thoughts below!

SmackDown Live Results:
— The show opened with Shane McMahon and Daniel Bryan welcoming everyone to this special episode of Smackdown. They hyped the return of the Undertaker and introduced the first match of the night: the Intercontinental title match between Dolph Ziggler and the Miz.

1. Intercontinental Championship Match: The Miz defeated Dolph Ziggler (c). Ziggler rolled up Miz in a small package, but Maryse pushed them over behind the referee’s back to reverse the pin and allow The Miz to get the three-count and become a six-time Intercontinental Champion. He will defend the title against Sami Zayn at Survivor Series.

— Backstage, Alexa Bliss pleaded her case to Daniel Bryan that her foot was on the ropes when she lost to Becky Lynch last week. Bryan promised she would get a rematch, but for now, she has to focus on Survivor Series. Team coach Natalya interrupted and tried to give Bliss a pep talk.

2. Kalisto defeated Oney Lorcan. This was the main roster debut for Oney Lorcan, who was identified with NXT graphics, so there hasn’t been a full-time call-up. Kalisto won by pinfall after the Salida Del Sol.

3. Carmella vs Nikki Bella went to a non-finish. Charlotte Flair came in through the crowd with a front row ticket to watch the match. Nikki attacked Charlotte and threw her into the ring and the referee threw the match out.

— After the match, the Raw women’s Survivor Series team stormed the ring to beat down Nikki. Carmella reluctantly came to Nikki’s aid, then the Smackdown women’s team ran in to even the odds. The 12 women (Dana Brooke and Natalya were also present) brawled all around ringside and Smackdown got the better of the exchange, standing in the ring and taunting the Raw team.

4. American Alpha, The Usos, The Hype Bros, and Breezango defeated The Spirit Squad, The Headbangers, The Ascension and The Vaudevillains. Rhyno and Heath Slater were at ringside, cheering on the team of Survivor Series-bound wrestlers. American Alpha got the pin for their team with the Grand Amplitude on Thrasher.

— Edge returned with his Cutting Edge segment, and his guests were the members of the Smackdown men’s Survivor Series team. The team members began bickering among themselves until they were interrupted by the Undertaker’s music. Undertaker said he is back, and told team Smackdown to win on Sunday, or they will have a reason to fear The Dead Man.

Source: uproxx

In-depth results: Cageside Seats

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
~ Happy 900th episode SmackDown...Your going to need a big cake...may-be
Nikki Bella could jump out of it? Wishful thinking I know. Still...I think
most (male) fans would like to see that. I bet John Cena gets that treatment
every Birthday.

~ So I'd say I'm shocked that The Miz reclaimed the IC Title...but I'm not.
It makes more sense for The Miz to fight Sami Zayn...even if Zayn/Ziggler
would have been a better match. I don't know why...but I like The Miz...
even if he has the most punchable face in wrestling. But the upside is
now Dolph Ziggler can replace Shane in Team SmackDown right?

Right?

~ And there is Alexa Bliss...

*Sigh*

She drives me crazy...like no one else...she drives me crazy...and I can't help myself...

Oh Sorry...I just started singing for no reason.

So yeah Daniel...Alexa better get her rematch...or I'll...I'll sit here type
more pointless remarks no one reads! Yeah...deal with that!

Oh God...not now Natalya...Seriously.

tumblr_ogpwimlGQP1ux0q3go2_540.png

~ So Kalisto had a win...which is good. You know what might happen at Survivor
Series...I say Kalisto wins the title with (Sin Cara) shenanigans and moves the
entire division...then Kendrick wins it right back in a rematch on the very next
SmackDown.

~ Look...a Hat! And then a Hand!

~ NOW CAN YOU DIG THAT SUCKA?! You know...I have paid out on Booker T in the
past mainly because I don't think he's a good announcer...but damn its Nostalgic
to hear him say that line.

~ Okay...the ladies are up next with Nikki Bella vs. Carmella...again. Really?
They've only got to be on the same team this Sunday...I'm sure this won't hurt.

I also have to take the time to state I love that little butt twirl dance Nikki
Bella does during her entrance. It doesn't really serve a purpose...but it looks
sweet. Wow...Carmella looks great tonight as well.

So the match has been solid...Nikki has some sweet moves...but Carmella
is just plain nasty...that neck breaker to the outside was pretty brutal.

Has anyone noticed how loud Carmella is in the ring? Man...she'd be a
screamer...if you know what I mean.

Hey...Charlotte is here! All Hail the Queen! Why is she walking through the
crowd? Isn't that dangerous...I mean what if some obsessed and deranged fan
tries to steal her shoes or a lock of her hair?

What are you all looking at?

Hey Nikki attacked Charlotte...you all saw it!!! WTF?! Charlotte dropped her
title belt...quick someone grab it before that obsessed fan steals it and starts
sniffing and licking it!

Stop looking at me!

Holy Shit! The entire RAW women's Team is attacking...even Bayley! Carmella
do something! Get Help! And here comes team SmackDown! Oh Yeah! It's On!
Look out Alexa...Nia Jax is throwing ladies around like ragdolls! Look out Becky...MOVE!!!
Oh Damn! Thank God Nia missed...And went through the barricade...Nice springboard
crossbody by Naomi! Hell Yeah Team SmackDown standing tall!

Man...I am so pumped for the ladies match this Sunday...its going to be awesome!
Plug: Be sure to check out my in-depth overview in the Survivor Series section.

~ A 16 man tag match is a giant 16 man mess. The Vaudevillains deserve better...
At least they do in my opinion.

~ So the final segment was cool...Great to see Edge and Taker again...but I was
kind of hoping Taker would take Shane's spot on the SmackDown Team...but
either way...great to see Big Evil.

~ Nice work SmackDown...Good luck at Survivor Series.

~ Wait...they forgot to announce that Ziggler is replacing Shane on Sunday...

Its not happening is it? Okay...fine.

Last edited:

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
This build to Survivor Series has been shit. No tension and no stakes and somehow they expect people to give a fuck...I don't get it. There are only two matches on the card with stipulations that matter and neither of them are a traditional Survivor Series matches. Seriously why couldn't they add in a draft pick for the winning brand or some shit! Fighting for simple bragging rights is just silly.../rant. As for the episode of Smackdown, meh 5/10.

The Good:

The IC title match starting off the show was solid. I assume with it ending the way it did we can expect another title change at Survivor Series.

Undertaker is officially a member of the [HASHTAG]#SMACKDOWNMASTERRACE[/HASHTAG] and what does he mean about WrestleMania no longer defining him? Is this his last run? All I know is John Cena Vs. Undertaker needs to happen.

That Oney jobber guy looked pretty good.

Bearded Edge +10

The Meh:

Pretty much the rest of the show.

The Bad:

Kalisto is a botchamania gold mine.

Daniel Bryan disregarding Alexa Bliss' completely valid complaint on her match with Becky last week made no sense. All for the sake of winning at SS, a PPV that doesn't matter. Then later out comes RAW women for literally NO FUCKING REASON AT ALL. Like this shit ain't that serious enough to have Bayley of all people beating someone up. Cool moment but stupid.
Staying on the topic of the Women, Becky got 0 mic time. Odd for a champion going into a PPV. Guess the rumors were true...sucks to be her. Fuck Kevin Dunn [HASHTAG]#Notmyproductionstaff[/HASHTAG] is that how the meme works? Whatever.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Still have to watch it. I laid down for a nap before the show and next thing I knew, it was morning.

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Man this show gets a 10 my dude has 1 more run left in him....can't wait! and extra's for long hair bearded Edge (Look's Badass)

I wish taker would have stared down everyone instead of just Shane-O-Mac (Even Ellsworth that would have been funny)

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
I gave it a 7. It was a solid show. First full smackdown I've seen since before October and it was good.
Had to watch both shows before SS

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The 900th episode of SmackDown Live was good and easy to watch. 7/10

Positives:
- Liked the opening video package, as well as DB and Shane-O Mac opening the show.

- The Miz vs Dolph Ziggler was good. Not as good as their previous outings, but good, nevertheless. I marked out for The Miz hitting DB's Running High Knee and following it up with Skull Crushing Finale. That was great. I was surprised he regained the title, which I am totally fine with, and it makes sense to have Zayn vs Miz from a face vs heel dynamic. Zayn vs Miz is going to be good.

- Kalisto vs Oney Lorcan was amusing enough given the time constraint with the right guy winning.

- Alexa Bliss was great in that backstage segment. Her screaming chumbawamba' cracked me up.

- That backstage segment featuring SmackDown's tag teams was hilarious. King Bookah!

- Nikki Bella vs Carmella was OK for what it was. The post-match stuff was OK, I guess. And man, Bayley beating someone up felt like out of character for her.

- The 16-man tag team match was OK. The homestretch was fun, but the rest? Not so much.

- The Cutting Edge with Team SmackDown and Taker was good. Marked for my man, Edge. Taker's promo was great. Also, Taker saying that should Team SmackDown fail, they should fear him was intriguing.

Negatives:
- None.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I'll have to peep this when I get home from work tonight, I caught up on all my work and other shows so I'll be able to watch RAW & SD back to back.