Rate Smackdown Live! 1/2/2018

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Smackdown Live!

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

• 7/10

• 9/10

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Rate Smackdown Live and leave a few comments to let us know what you thought of the show!

Opening

AJ Styles came to the ring. He said his two resolutions were to defend the WWE Championship at WrestleMania and to defeat Sami Zane tonight. He criticized Daniel Bryan's decision to let Sami be at ringside the previous week and Bryan came out to the ring. Before he could say anything, Shane McMahon came out. Shane apologized to AJ. The two bickered a while and then finally announced that both Bryan and McMahon would be at ringside.

Smackdown Tag Team Title: Champions the Usos vs Shelton Benjamin and Chad Gable

The Usos retained their title by pin fall.

Breezango vs the Bludgeon Bros

The match never started as the Bludgeon Bros attacked Breezango before the match and took out the Ascension when they tried to help.

WWE United States Title Tournament Match: Aiden English vs. Xavier Woods

Xavier Woods advanced in the tournament by pin fall.

The Riott Squad vs. Natalya, Tamina Snuka and Carmella

The Riott Squad won by pin fall

AJ Styles vs Sami Zayn

Kevin Owens and Shane McMahon got on the ring apron and Daniel Bryan ejected both of them. They didn't leave and this gave Sami Zayn the moment to attack AJ and win the match by pin fall. After the match, AJ made a remark about the match being a handicap match and Daniel Bryan made AJ's Rumble title defense a handicap match and acted as if AJ had suggested it.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score
Again, even though I didn't watch, the 'E never disappoints, had to be a 10/10.

Smg

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
im too tired to rate rn but I asked this in the live discussion but is ko/sami vs aj really a handicap match for the title. if so, how in the hell is that going to work
are they going to have whoever pins aj get the title..??

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
I had to work tonight so I missed the show, but it sounds pretty meh. One thing I wonder is what's up with the tag titles. Don't get me wrong, I love the Usos, but it's weird how they've lost countless of matches (singles v American Beta and tag against Rusev Day) but always win the title match like it's nothing. I want them to be either the super gods or have someone else win the title for a while. Blugeon Brothers will probably win it to be fair

im too tired to rate rn but I asked this in the live discussion but is ko/sami vs aj really a handicap match for the title. if so, how in the hell is that going to work
are they going to have whoever pins aj get the title..??
I think so

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
I caught the ending after I left Church and once again KO and Sami Sayn made it good. They are winning me over considering I was their biggest critic in 14-15

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Okay... lets see what happening on "The Becky & Charlotte" Show...hopefully
finally with some Becky...

~ Remember the days when Shane & Bryan were hardly on SmackDown? I do...

~ Okay...I really hate when the WWE pulls this kind of booking shit...so I'm not
even going to bother on commenting on the tag title match...Next!

~ So...are Harper & Rowan going to do more than just beat up Breezango & the
Ascension every week? Let me know when they do...because then I'll start caring.

~ Could the New Day "Freebird" a singles title?

~ Everyday is Rusev Day!

~ That Xavier/Jinder match should be interesting...and complete chaos at
ringside...

~ Okay...so we have 3 heels vs. 3 heels? Man the SmackDown women's division
is a mess.

Carmella's outfit however is F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!

Seriously though...how much cheek are going to let her show?

8gvu8qw7is701.gif

And Tamina eats the pin...well...that is about all she's good for really.

I'd still really like to see Charlotte vs. Ruby...1 on 1 with no interference for the title...

Look...its my Bae, my Amazon, my Goddess Charlotte...shut up & listen Riott Squad...
the Queen is talking!

And...YAY! BECKY IS BACK!!!

BEXCELLENT!!!

:pun:

I'M IN BECKSTASY!!!

Becky is back to sip tea & kick lass...and she's all out of tea!

Its Tea-riffic to see Becky!

Okay...I'll stop now...but seriously...SmackDown is a much brighter place with the
Irish Lass Kicker around...and I'm sure Charlotte is happy to have her back as well...
if you know what I mean...

*Wink Wink Nudge Nudge Ship Ship*

Can Becky win the Women's Rumble WWE?

Please?

~ I have more of chance of winning the Rumble than Moron Corbin does...

~ And a potentially amazing match is ruined by Owens, Bryan & Shane...Ugh...

~ Okay...so Styles vs. Owen & Zayn at the Rumble in a handicap match? But...why?
Why not a triple threat? Ugh...I honestly don't really care...as long as A.J retains &
Nakamura wins the Rumble.

*Crosses Fingers*

~ I really wish Bryan & Shane would stop getting involved in all these matches...
they are making me hate SmackDown.

~ BECKY IS BACK!!! YAY!

M6_Gn7xr.jpg

And I'm done!

Last edited:

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
You know.... I'd rate it an 7/10

I liked the way the tag match played out. It was a great match in itself aswell. Great pace to the action.

Someone fill me in on bludgeon brothers. Seems like a good concept. But why are they squashing jobbers? As if the beat down of breezango wasn't enough they had the ascension come save the day and get beat up. I hope that bludgeon gimmick can gain traction at some point.

Carmella has a great ring outfit.

Aj vs ko/Sami seems like the obvious storyline setup for the wrestlemania match. It could be somewhat interesting at royal rumble though.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
I like how people booed Bryan for announcing the handicap match but then they chanted YES with him immediately afterwards lmao

Reactions: Gman003

Crash

Reaction score
8/10

A good show imo, I was entertain from start to finish... I didn't like that Aiden lost tho. :(

TheprofileofJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
Pros :

+ Bludgeon Brothers continuing to look great.

+ English vs Woods was a fun match and a nice way to showcase the talent both guys have. Especially Woods, since I feel like he is one of the more underrated in ring workers in the company.

+ Yeey Bekcy.

+ While I normally don't agree with the WWE Champion losing matches on TV , the main event was good, and did what it needed to do to enhance the story. Plus Zayn pinning the champion gives him credibility that he desperately needs. In general I am digging the main story for Smackdown at the moment, and the handicap match is a rather interesting idea, so I look forward to seeing how that plays out.

Cons :

- Stop spamming the same damn matches every week.

- The Tag Team Title match was way off. I really don't get why they did the whole fake finish thing, especially since the match was going on for 3 minutes up to that point. I thought one of the Usos was injured so they jumped straight ahead to the finish, but nope. Turns out it was just a swerve, a very unnecessary one at that. Why not just give these two teams (who are both awesome in the ring), 15 minutes and let them tare the house down. I am a fan of both teams, but this was the biggest disappointment on the show.

Overall : 6/10

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
The Tag Team Title match was way off. I really don't get why they did the whole fake finish thing, especially since the match was going on for 3 minutes up to that point. I thought one of the Usos was injured so they jumped straight ahead to the finish, but nope. Turns out it was just a swerve, a very unnecessary one at that. Why not just give these two teams (who are both awesome in the ring), 15 minutes and let them tare the house down. I am a fan of both teams, but this was the biggest disappointment on the show.
Absolutely. I agree. The fake finish was stupid, I don't mind a match re-start if it was a legitimate reason, but in this case, the USO's was looking bad in this match because of the fake finish. Could've worked if USO's left the ring pissed off, and asked for a rematch via mic. It would bring some real heat to their heel run.