Rate Smackdown Live! 01/24/2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate this week's Episode of Smackdown Live!

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

• 6/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Hey all! Go ahead and rate Smackdown Live and let us know what you thought of the show.

I don't have results to post yet because I slept through the show and my DVR didn't record it. I am waiting for it to appear on Hulu and then I will post results.

SmackDown Live Results:
— The show opened with The Miz storming up to Daniel Bryan backstage, upset that he and Maryse don’t have a private dressing room. To make it up to him, Bryan gives him an Intercontinental Championship rematch against Dean Amrose tonight. Miz requests it be made no disqualification, but Bryan makes it a lumberjack match instead.

1. Randy Orton defeated Luke Harper.
Bray Wyatt watched from his rocking chair at ringside. Orton finally managed to hit the RKO and get the win.

— After the match, Wyatt got in the ring and shook hands with Orton. He offered Harper a hand, helped him up, embraced him, and then give him the Sister Abigail. Orton and Wyatt left Harper in the ring and departed together.

— Mickie James came to the ring for an interview with Renee Young. She explained her actions from last week, saying that she may have been gone from WWE, but she never stopped watching. She’s tired of everyone saying they’re the women’s revolution and forgetting her accomplishments. She says Alexa Bliss was the only one who remembered her, and thanks to Alexa, she’s here to teach everyone a lesson. Becky Lynch came to the ring and chased James, but Bliss suckerpunched Lynch from the crowd and she and Mickie beat Lynch down in the ring.

— Carmella and James Ellsworth went on their shopping spree, and she gave him a wardrobe makeover that made him look a lot like Carmella herself.

2. Mojo Rawley won a Battle Royal for a spot in the Royal Rumble.
Baron Corbin sat in on commentary for this match. The participants were Breezango, The Ascension, Heath Slater and Rhyno, the Vaudevillains, and Curt Hawkins. Rawley won by last eliminating both Fandango and Tyler Breeze.

— AJ Styles came to the ring and complained about his placement on the Royal Rumble poster, then called out John Cena. Cena came out and Styles complained about what Cena said about him on Today, and said that he’s been in charge since Cena has been gone, and nobody missed him. He called Cena a sorry excuse for a wrestler, and asked what he has to do to earn Cena’s respect. Cena said he has no idea what it’s like to be disrespected. He ran Styles down and says he earns every day, and shuts every mouth. He doesn’t give a damn about a poster, he gives a damn about Sunday. He said Styles is just a guy holding onto the championship, because Cena lets him.

3. Dolph Ziggler defeated Kalisto.
Ziggler won by pinfall in a short match following a superkick. After the match, he threatened to attack Kalisto with a chair, but JBL stood up to him. Apollo Crews came to ringside and stopped Ziggler, then sent him packing up the ramp.

— Naomi made a return from her ankle injury and was supposed to have a match against Natalya, but Natalya got jumped backstage by Nikki Bella. Naomi got on the microphone and said it isn’t going down like that. She challenged someone, anyone, from the back to come out and fight her. Alexa Bliss’ music hit and she came out, but she said she wasn’t here to answer any challenge, and pretended not to even know who Naomi is. Naomi dared her to get in the ring and said she’s the next women’s champion. Bliss faked getting in the ring and said Naomi isn’t worth her time. Then she left.

4. Intercontinental Championship Lumberjack Match: Dean Ambrose (c) defeated The Miz.

All of the lumberjacks ended up brawling with each other and then left. Ambrose then hit the Dirty Deeds for the pin to retain the title.

Source

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
~ Okay...its time for the A-Show...SmackDown Live...And here we go...

~ So the Miz vs. Daniel Bryan "feud" continues to be entertaining as hell...but...
will we ever see a match between the two? Could it be a Wrestlemania 33 one off?
I know many people want to see it...but...I'm not getting my hopes up.

~ So...out comes the Wyatts...and I really don't know how I feel about this. I mean
I want Harper to win because the "younger" talent needs to be pushed...but...

*Watches Match*

And RKO...Randy gets the win...and a Sister Abigail for Harper. Tough love I guess...
I know this Wyatt/Orton alliance is going to fall apart...but now I just don't want
it to.

~ Hey...Mickie James is here...well...that didn't take long. So...I have to state
that once again the booking is making Becky Lynch look kind of stupid and unfocused.
She comes out to attack Mickie James only for Little Miss Bliss to show up and turn
the situation into a 2 on 1 beat down.

tumblr_okbfx29ncj1ux0q3go1_500.png

Also...I have to state I loved Mickie's statement about the "women of the revolution"
and the fact that there have been many fantastic female athletes in the WWE over the
years. I swear if they can get Beth Phoenix or Trish back eventually...they could have a
pretty epic story based around this so-called "animosity" between the past and current
generations of female performers. I'd suggest Lita...but she recently left...and not on
the best terms either.

Sorry...I got sidetracked...where was I? Oh yeah...

Look...I love Alexa & Mickie...but Becky needs to be booked smarter and stronger
than this. Becky deserves better.

And I guess with Nikki Bella feuding with Natalya and Naomi still off TV...there is
no "back up" around...

Still...any segment involving Alexa Bliss gets a thumbs up from me...so...thumbs up.

tumblr_ok7511A8Ap1ux0q3go2_r1_500.png

~ Okay...now I'm really jealous of James Ellsworth...Carmella took him clothes shopping...
lucky bastard. I still have no fucking clue where this angle is going...but I like it
because Carmella is getting TV time...and as I keep saying "Push the New Talent WWE!"

I'd like to take Carmella lingerie shopping...*Wink Wink Nudge Nudge* and then go and
get a milkshake...and then go see a movie...and snuggle up in the back row...and then...

Wait...what am I doing? Oh yeah...my SmackDown recap...moving on...

~ And speaking of new talent that should be pushed...here is the lone wolf Baron Corbin...
who honestly...I would have win the Royal Rumble...fuck all those other guys...Corbin for
the Win!

~ And a Battle Royal to qualify for the Royal Rumble...

*Watches Match*

Okay...2 things...Fandango is hot...and Mojo Rawley won...which I like. Seriously...I
like Mojo Rawley. He clearly has energy and passion for what he's doing...and I'm glad
he's getting TV time even with Zack Ryder out.

~ And Natalya attacks Nikki Bella again...Jesus...when are these 2 going to have a match?
And when they do...can it be a No DQ, Falls count anywhere match please?

~ Okay...so next we have A.J Styles...and eventually Nikki Bella's boyfriend...so...skip!!!

~ "Evil" Ziggler vs. Kalisto is on now...and is it wrong that I like Kalisto?

*Watches Match*

And Ziggler wins...and...

John_O_Clock1.jpg

Sit back down JBL! and Apollo Crews once again confronts Ziggler...I'm pretty sure we saw
this segment a couple of weeks ago...but that's cool...because Apollo Crews needs the TV
time.

~ Oh Hey...Naomi is here...I'm Feeling the Glow!!! and...Holy Shit on a shit sandwich with
shit on top...Nikki Bella and Natalya are at it again!!! Jesus...Shane & Daniel really need
to get this under control.

xVbN0Za.gif

And Alexa Bliss is here again...2 Alexa segments in one night? It must be my birthday...and
Alexa throws some insults like only she can. I swear I want her to put a leash on me and treat
me like dirt...I mean...nothing...moving on.

tumblr_okbga9nzgf1ux0q3go1_500.png

Okay...I'm calling it: The First ever Women's Elimination Chamber for the Women's title:

Alexa "My" Bliss
Naomi
Mickie "Milf" James
Becky "The" Lynch
Natalya
Nikki Bella

(Sorry Carmella...but you have to sit this one out)

Book it WWE...all roads lead to the Chamber!1!

~ And I just learned while typing this...report? that a 6 woman tag team match is set for
the Royal Rumble...Alexa, Nattie & Mickie vs. Becky, Nikki & Naomi...Nice work WWE.

All roads lead to the Chamber!1!

Now we just need all red everything back...
:p

~ And now the main event...the Miz vs. Dean Ambrose for the IC belt...in a lumberjack match.
I just want to say that the lumberjacks should be dressed as actual lumberjacks for this match.

*Watches Match*

Okay...that was great fun with my boy Baron Corbin having a great cameo. Dean retains...and I
guess won't be defending the IC at the Rumble? Well...no matter...another great SmackDown with
plenty of Alexa Bliss & Baron Corbin. Nice work SmackDown writers...you guys are the best!!!

SmackDown is Ultra, Mega, Super, Wrestling Fun Times!!!

Oh yeah...and the Royal Rumble is this Sunday...How good is that?

tumblr_ojmpg9_Fn_Qh1vbca9so1_500.png

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The go-home show for the Rumble was very good. 8/10

Positives:
- The opening segment with DB and The Miz was great.

- Orton vs Harper was good. The crowd was invested, the right man won and the story was advanced. No complaints.

- Mickie James' promo was good.

- The Battle Royal was OK for what it was.

- That Styles/Cena segment was fire. Both guys were great on the mic, Cena came off very heelish, I loved it.

- DZ squashing Kalisto was exactly what it needed to be. It's so cool to see DZ as a heel.

- Ambrose vs The Miz was a good ME.

Negatives:
- The Nikki/Nattie and Carmellsworth stuff. Not really a fan of it. I mean, it was OK when it first started, but now it's meh.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
7/10... Oddly enough this feels like this was as bad as Smackdown gets... Still it was an really solid 90 minutes that just flew by.

Busy today otherwise I'd give this show the review it deserves instead of giving Raw one it doesn't

Last edited: