Rate Smackdown 9/4/2018

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Smackdown

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

• 6/10

• 7/10

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • 8/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Leave a lengthy paragraph on why Smackdown lately has been better than Raw, and what you liked, hated, or both about his week's episode.

Daniel Byran vs La Sombra: Daniel Byran

Naomi vs Peyton Royce: Naomi

The Usos vs Sainty vs Rusev Day: Rusev Day

R-Truth vs The Miz: R-Truth

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
A good, solid episode. They really know how to work everybody into something. This show basically revolved around Miz/Bryan and their wives, but it was able to also involve Andrade & Zelina, and now R-Truth and Carmella. I sense a tag match coming next week.

Rusev Day winning was surprising. Where does Rusev Day go from here? I doubt whatever team that is going to face The New Day at HiaC is going to win, so maybe this will lead to the eventual Rusev/Aiden split?

The Charlotte/Becky segment was ok but not as good as previous weeks segments for this feud. I would have liked for AJ to get a bit more in there on Joe.

I have no idea what they are doing with Asuka. They should have had her turn heel by beating up Naomi, since apparently Carmella is going to become a face now.

So, like I said, solid show. Much better than RAW. 8/10

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
So...Charlotte & Becky is official...but is it happening in the cell?

giphy.gif

Turning Carmella face won't make her any less lame...

Remember when Asuka was special? I do...those were the days.

Can we put the tag titles on Rusev Day now?

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
This is why I hate Hell and a Cell being a PPV and not just a thing that happens when required. It means the WWE tries to create many blood feuds in the lead up to HiaC and then only give HiaC matches to 2 or 3 matches because they don't want to overdo the match.

Hell (no pun intended), the Braun/Roman match being in the Cell isn't justifiable IMO, when you have feuds like AJ/Joe, Charlotte/Becky and even Miz/Bryan deserve to be in the Cell more.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Reactions: bullyballmm

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Carmella being Truth's valet shows how one dimensional her character is. She goes from champion to valet. Feel bad for her. You would think her character would be better developed instead of being so interchangeable.

Despite Asuka losing to Carmella and all of her momentum. She is still somewhat over. Just change her character when you want to push her again. Naomi and Asuka are freinds. Why are all WWE woman's storylines about who you are freinda with. It's clear that the writers are middle aged men who don't know anything about woman. Or maybe that is what woman are like?

They are doing a good job with the Miz Vs Bryan feud. This mixed tag stuff is a good breather. I just don't like Brie Bella at all. She has no strengths whatsoever. Over then she is hot and popular outside wrestling. Brie and Bryan are just an annoying couple. If they were my neighbors then I would throw stuff over the garden fence on Bryan's flower patch. Love Maryse tho she's great.

Rusev Day winning is good story progression until the eventual turn. They are riding high so that when they next fail it means even more. I was expecting the Usos to win.

Charlotte and Becky's face 2 face was good. It made me side with Charlotte though. Cuz if you think about it Charlotte hasn't done anything wrong. Becky should be angry at the matriarchal Paige. Well it's good that she isn't because we are getting this awsoawe feud. Charlotte said they had a five year freindship... didn't Charlotte turn on Becky and was a heel for two years? Why did they magically become friends again when Charlotte got drafted to smackdown? I suppose it doesn't matter...

The AJ Vs Joe segment was ok. It continued to tell the story of AJ being a hot head. But I was expecting Joe to be at the back to school BBQ. [HASHTAG]#missedopportunity[/HASHTAG].

I feel like I'm the only one but I am deeply invested in this Jeff Vs Orton feud. I think it has alot of meat on its bone and has alot of intensity. The HIAC match could be really good.

This show was good. 7/10. 10000 times better then Raw. The stories are not confusing and everyone is used plthe way they should be...yes I think Sanity should be jobbers.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I say Carmella's last two matches have been her best. She has clearly improved. She shouldn't be anywhere near the title though. She isn't Brie Bella though. If Carmella is a bad wrestler then I don't know what Brie is.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I say Carmella's last two matches have been her best.
Yeah...thanks to Becky & Charlotte making her look good.

Despite Asuka losing to Carmella and all of her momentum. She is still somewhat over.
You can say that...but much like when Nakamura was defeated
by Jinder twice...the magic is gone now.

Asuka is just like everybody else.

Don't get me wrong Asuka is amazing...she always will be...
but suffering those kind of defeats...to Carmella? Its something
I honestly don't think I'll ever get over.

Why couldn't Naomi have been jobbed out to Carmella?

Redboy123@

Reaction score
You can say that...but much like when Nakamura was defeated
by Jinder twice...the magic is gone now.

Asuka is just like everybody else.

Don't get me wrong Asuka is amazing...she always will be...
but suffering those kind of defeats...to Carmella? Its something
I honestly don't think I'll ever get over.

Why couldn't Naomi have been used to job out to Carmella?
Asuka losing to Charlotte was a perfectly fine booking decision. The fact she didn't change her character at all after the biggest loss in her career is a mistake. If you lose big then you have to react big.

Her jobbing to Carmella was the second mistake. Since Naomi won that battle royale, she could of lost to Carmella. She could be too distracted with the bludgeon brothers. If anybody else remembers that creepy angle.

The last few months have been rough but atleast it has resulted in Charlotte Vs Becky. And now Carmella can lose to people.

As for Nakamura. He seems to be avoiding competition. Well there isn't any... However Truth did just win the main event last night against The Miz.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Asuka losing to Charlotte was a perfectly fine booking decision. The fact she didn't change her character at all after the biggest loss in her career is a mistake. If you lose big then you have to react big.
I agree...

Asuka should have snapped, turned heel, choked Charlotte out &
Carmella should have cashed in at Wrestlemania.

Her jobbing to Carmella was the second mistake. Since Naomi won that battle royale, she could of lost to Carmella. She could be too distracted with the bludgeon brothers. If anybody else remembers that creepy angle.
Exactly...100% correct.

The last few months have been rough but at least it has resulted in Charlotte Vs Becky. And now Carmella can lose to people.
Yeah...the nightmare finally ended at SummerSlam...

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Is it worth coming back to Smackdown? It's looking pretty good from afar.
Eh, 50/50. Sometimes it is good, sometimes it is boring, and sometimes it is in between. Though Smackdown has been better lately than Raw.

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Yeah since WM Smackdown has been consistently better than RAW. Since there is no need to centre the show around Roman/Alexa at the cost of others, it has been more enjoyable. You should give it a shot Snowman.