Rate Smackdown 7/3/2018

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Smackdown

• 1/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • 6/10

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • 7/10

• 8/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Leave a comment or two on what you liked and what you hated.

Jeff Hardy vs The Miz: Jeff Hardy

Asuka vs No Chin: both were counted out

Aiden English vs AJ Styles: AJ Styles

Becky Lynch vs Peyton Royce: Becky Lynch

Team Hell No vs The Usos: Team Hell No

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
6/10. The booking was alright but the matches didn't feel that amazing. Plus the crowd felt dead. Were they in the same area as on RAW? If so that area is shit

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
6/10. The booking was alright but the matches didn't feel that amazing. Plus the crowd felt dead. Were they in the same area as on RAW? If so that area is shit
Raw was in Souix Falls, and Smackdown was in Omaha.

Reactions: bullyballmm

Redboy123@

Reaction score
What happened with Asuka that was so bad? She lose to Jimmy?

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
What happened with Asuka that was so bad? She lose to Jimmy?

Double Count-out with James running like a scared boy, then Carmella used it to jump her.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Double Count-out with James running like a scared boy, then Carmella used it to jump her.
Whats wrong with that? Ellsworth being scared of Asuka is a good thing. Carmella being crafty by jumping Asuka.

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Whats wrong with that? Ellsworth being scared of Asuka is a good thing. Carmella being crafty by jumping Asuka.

I didn't say it was RIP Asuka. Just arguing from the people who are saying it and their point of view.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Average show nothing too great expect for Jeff vs Mix was good, and RIP Asuka, who will now just be a jobber.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I didn't say it was RIP Asuka. Just arguing from the people who are saying it and their point of view.
Oh excuse me for confusing you for saying RIP Asuka...even though you did. I guess the sarcasm is obvious

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
It's bad because we wanted to see Asuka beat up James Ellsworth, and it is bad that Carmella is "outsmarting" Asuka yet again. If she "outsmarts" Asuka in their Extreme Rules match then that would be really dumb, as the WWE is basically saying that dominant in-ring superstars are dumb and will always lose to shit-at-wrestling heels who are crafty (then again, a good portion of last year was dedicated to Orton losing to the same tricks by Jinder).

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
It's bad because we wanted to see Asuka beat up James Ellsworth, and it is bad that Carmella is "outsmarting" Asuka yet again. If she "outsmarts" Asuka in their Extreme Rules match then that would be really dumb, as the WWE is basically saying that dominant in-ring superstars are dumb and will always lose to shit-at-wrestling heels who are crafty (then again, a good portion of last year was dedicated to Orton losing to the same tricks by Jinder).
I mean according to rumours Carmella is retaining...so yeah.

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I'm late for reviewing this. Sue me.

-The arguing segments with Bryan and Kane gave the latter some strange sounding dialogue. I'm honestly rather annoyed by the comedy route being taken with these two.
-Hardy vs. Miz was good, but I'm tired of the open challenge gimmick. It feels overdone.
-Asuka vs. Ellsworth was pretty crummy. I get what they were going for, but they really should've let Asuka get her hands on him more instead of having the two run playing tag through the crowd. Carmella also should've done more than merely pushing Asuka in order to knock her down. A proper two on one beatdown would've been great here. Next week we'll see a lumberjack match between Asuka and Ellsworth, so this segment was done just to get that match set up. Asuka should stand tall there so she can look good heading into Extreme Rules. It seems like Carmella has outmaneuvered Asuka at every turn in this storyline. I wouldn't call her dead just yet. How she's used in the next few weeks can really elevate her. Murdering Ellsworth and brutalizing Carmella (even if Carmella manages to escape with the title in the end through a DQ or something like that) will let Asuka save face.
-Asuka and Nakamura continue to feel really similar in the gimmick department. It might be better for the two of them to be on different brands in order to preserve the uniqueness of being a weird Japanese person. It's not good to have to of your big (or at least somewhat big) stars to be doing the same thing on the same show, which is exactly what was done with these two's promos this week.
-English vs. Styles was okay. Styles actually wrestling on a show is good to see. Rusev sounded fine on the mic. It still feels weird to see Rusev being in a title match.
-Becky Lynch vs. Peyton Royce felt awkward to watch. Royce seemed off her game to me. Whether or not WWE's actually going somewhere with this Becky Lynch singles win streak remains to be seen. I'm anticipating her challenging for the title after Extreme Rules if all this winning continues.
-Hell No vs. Usos was good, especially with the finish.

I reciprocate baseballmm's feelings towards the show. Good, yet rather ordinary.

Reactions: bullyballmm