Rate Smackdown 6/19/2018

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Smackdown

• 1 / 10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 / 10

• 3 / 10

• 4 / 10

• 5 / 10

• 6 / 10

• 7 / 10

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • 8 / 10

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • 9 / 10

• 10 / 10

• Total voters

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Post a comment or two on what you liked and /or hated.

Billie Kay vs Becky Lynch: Becky Lynch

The Usos vs Sanity: No match, Sanity rektd The Usos

Good Brothers vs Buldgeon Brothers: Bludgeon Brothers

Daniel Bryan vs Samoa Joe vs Big E vs The Miz vs Rusev in a gauntlet match: Big E gets eliminated first by Daniel, Joe gets eliminated by Count Out, Bryan gets eliminated by The Miz, and The Miz gets eliminated by Rusev. Rusev is the winner and number one contender.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Much better than Raw, but had its issues. James Ellsworth has no business on TV anymore. Honestly, I'd rather have a painful parasite than have that idiot in the WWE. I know some fans have an ironic appreciation of him but I don't care.

Carmella is awful. You know, I don't think Alexa Bliss nor Nia Jax are or were worthy champions. However, compared to Carmella, they're like Gail Kim. I don't know what this fascination WWE has with having these women were the belts.

The gauntlet match was good. Nice to see Rusev get a title shot. I didn't like what they did with Daniel Bryan. Either Daniel Bryan or Samoa Joe would have been a better choice. But Rusev could be interesting. We will see.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Why don't you like what they did with Bryan? They had him survive E and Joe, and maybe would have survived all if Bludgeon Brothers didn't interfere and Miz capitalizing. Miz pinning Bryan also gives something for him to brag about during their inevitable feud. I think it was a smart way of making Bryan look strong while still losing the match.

Anyway, 7/10. Half the show was the Gauntlet match so that's mainly what I was judging. Sanity debuting was good, Becky winning is always nice, and I am looking forward to the Jeff/Nakamura feud.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Why don't you like what they did with Bryan? They had him survive E and Joe, and maybe would have survived all if Bludgeon Brothers didn't interfere and Miz capitalizing. Miz pinning Bryan also gives something for him to brag about during their inevitable feud. I think it was a smart way of making Bryan look strong while still losing the match.

Good, glad you liked it. I didn't. The Bludgeon Brothers getting involved made no sense. So, they came into the match after Bryan eliminated E and Joe and just decided to take him out of the match for no other reason than his ring entrance happened while they were leaving the ring? It's senseless. If they were upset with him, they could have taken him out before the match. Them coming back made no sense.

They could have had Joe beat Bryan down considerably and after Joe was eliminated, have him laying in the ring. Miz could have run in and done the exact same thing. The Bludgeon Brothers involvement made no sense and that's why I didn't like it.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
James Ellsworth has no business on TV anymore.
200.gif

Carmella is awful.
200.gif

Nice to see Rusev get a title shot.
200.gif

I am sure they will screw over Rusev like always though :okay:

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
Good show. It's tough to have a bad show when you have a 45 minute gauntlet match in a 2 hour show.

Gauntlet match was amazing. Glad Rusev won the match, give him something meaningful to do since he continues to be one of the most over guys in the company.

Carmella is an amazing heel. Ellsworth added so much to her character, it's nice to see him back.

Sanity debuting was cool. They made an impact, i guess heading into a feud with the Usos.

8/10 really good show. I need to start watching Smackdown every week.

Reactions: Snowman1

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Jeff hardy vs shinsuke is a good move.

I think gauntlet matches are just stupid. It just makes whoever is number 1 and 2 impossible to win. And if they do win, then that them going over 3 or 4 of the top talent so its makes them look ridiculously strong while at the same time kind ot buries some of top guys. I prefer tournaments instead.

It's an interesting choice to give the shot to Rusev. I think what's nice about the both brands doing PPVs together again is that there is more room to experiment with matches, especially with the main eventers. AJ vs Rusev probably wont close the show, but Raws main event is there if they decide that's a better closer. And it works both ways.

I'm just happy that styles vs shin is over. Along with DB and Big Cass.

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
Good, glad you liked it. I didn't. The Bludgeon Brothers getting involved made no sense. So, they came into the match after Bryan eliminated E and Joe and just decided to take him out of the match for no other reason than his ring entrance happened while they were leaving the ring? It's senseless. If they were upset with him, they could have taken him out before the match. Them coming back made no sense.

They could have had Joe beat Bryan down considerably and after Joe was eliminated, have him laying in the ring. Miz could have run in and done the exact same thing. The Bludgeon Brothers involvement made no sense and that's why I didn't like it.
It would make more sense if Big E went in after Joe, then the Brothers hit one move on Bryan at first just to give him the DQ win but then the Brothers focus their attack solely on Big E to make a statement or something. Then Bryan defends his opponent and only then he gets destroyed by the two men. That makes it like Bryan is collateral damage in a sense and it actually provides a reason to attack Daniel. Then Miz picks up the scraps.

Reactions: MildlyUpsetGerbil

Redboy123@

Reaction score
When events happen they don't always need to immediately makes sense. It's part of storytelling. Not everything needs to make sense in the moment. Maybe WWE will provide a reason for the Bludgeon Brothers attack at later date. We know they have had history in the past.

Bryan looked strong af regardless.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
It's an interesting choice to give the shot to Rusev. I think what's nice about the both brands doing PPVs together again is that there is more room to experiment with matches, especially with the main eventers. AJ vs Rusev probably wont close the show, but Raws main event is there if they decide that's a better closer. And it works both ways.
We are halfway through the year and the WWE championship has only main evented a ppv once. Pretty sad tbh.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
When events happen they don't always need to immediately makes sense. It's part of storytelling. Not everything needs to make sense in the moment. Maybe WWE will provide a reason for the Bludgeon Brothers attack at later date. We know they have had history in the past.

Bryan looked strong af regardless.

I disagree. A good storyteller has a story that makes sense BEFORE the story takes place. If the story is good, the reader or watcher can look at the story and find exactly how it makes sense.

A bad storyteller retroactively makes stories fit in. A bad storyteller is one that makes a story that ONLY makes sense when they reveal why it makes sense.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score

Hey, if need be I can try to head to the mayor's office and put in a request for Glen to give some official assistance to Bryan against the Bludgeons!

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I disagree. A good storyteller has a story that makes sense BEFORE the story takes place. If the story is good, the reader or watcher can look at the story and find exactly how it makes sense.
In thriller, there can be moments that make no sense. The following scenes after that moment will provide reasons that will exhilarate the audience. That is what every thriller tries to create. Something may not makes sense at first but soon you realise that actually does make sense. Experiencing a revelations is the most satisfying feeling a viewer can have.

Secrets and revelations is good storytelling. The audience doesn't have to know everything all the time. It's called a swerve. If we knew HHH was going to pedigree Bryan at Summerslam 2013 then that would be shit. HHH gave the reasons for his actions after he did the action.

The audience not knowing why the Bludgeon Bros attacked Bryan makes them ask 'why?'. That's what you want when you are telling a story. You can manipulate emotions through uncertainty. Audience shouldn't always be aware of what's going on. Especially in Wrestling. How shit would it be if we were told that Darth Vader was Luke's father before Luke did?

Surprising the audience is good. The audience knowing everything so nothing shocks them is bad. Of course the pay off moments in wrestling should probably make sense.

Last edited: