Rate Smackdown 3/14/2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Smackdown Live!

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • 6/10

• 7/10

• 8/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Rate this week's episode of Smackdown Live! and leave a reply to let us know what you thought of the show.

Opening

A recap was shown from the previous week when AJ Styles confronted Daniel Bryan about losing his spot in the WrestleMania main event.

AJ Styles came to the ring and complained, but said that Daniel Bryan was just a puppet He said he needed to find Shane McMahon and have a talk about his career... adding, "If I have one."

Becky Lynch vs Natalya

Becky Lynch defeated Natalya by pin fall and was then attacked by Carmella.

Miz TV

Miz and Maryse were bad mouthing John Cena and Nikki Bella. They accused Nikki Bella of stealing opportunities because she was John Cena's girlfriend. Maryse also said that Nikki Bella stabbed her in the back by getting more opportunities than her.

After several more insults, John Cena and Nikki Bella chased Miz and Maryse from the ring. Nikki Bella then invited Maryse in the ring for a match. Miz, however, said that Bella couldn't make matches and it wasn't going to happen. He then said Miz TV was going off the air and then Daniel Bryan showed up.

Daniel Bryan came out and let Miz know that he is the one who decides when the show is over. He also said Miz promised him a special episode of Miz TV but it was nothing new. He listed several things that Miz does that makes him want to punch Miz in the face. And he said the fact that he cannot punch Miz in the face and Miz knows it and takes advantage of it makes him want to punch him in the face more. Miz then said that he did know two people who could punch him in the face. He made the match at WrestleMania between Miz and Maryse vs John Cena and Nikki Bella.

Alexa Bliss vs Mickie James

Mickie James defeated Alexa Bliss by pin fall.

Backstage

Shane McMahon showed up in the garage and was brutally beaten down by AJ Styles. AJ even put him through a car window. He told Shane that he asked for it.

After the commercial Daniel Bryan confronted AJ Styles and Styles challenged Bryan to fire him, which Bryan said he was going to do. He ordered security to remove AJ Styles from the building.

Dolph Ziggler vs Mojo Rawley

Mojo Rawley defeated Dolph Ziggler by count out when Ziggler left the ring area.

Randy Orton Addresses Bray Wyatt

Orton basically reiterated his statement when he turned on Bray Wyatt. He let Wyatt know that it was a ruse all along and that he was waiting for his moment to take away Wyatt's power. He then said he would take everything from Wyatt.

Bray Wyatt appeared onscreen at the compound that Orton had burned down. He claimed that Orton set Sister Abigail free and that Bray now had her powers. He then covered himself in her ashes and proclaimed to follow the buzzards.

American Alpha vs the Usos

The Usos defeated American Alpha by pin fall.

After the match, Shane McMahon came out and announced he would be AJ's WrestleMania opponent.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Pretty dull Smackdown all around. I get it a five because there really weren't any bad parts, but everything was just soooo uninteresting to me. Plus two champions got pinned in non title matches... this shouldn't happen this often.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
2/10

This Smackdown was boring boring boring. All the top talent took the night off. No AJ, Cena, Ambrose, Corbin, Orton, Bray, Miz matches. All the matches were mid carders and women. The AJ vs Shane fight was cool, and so was the Miz roasting Cena. But it wasn't anything special.

If this show was Raw tonight, people would be talking about how Raw is the worst show ever blah blah blah. I wouldn't be surprised if they intentionally made this episode as bad as they did to make Raw look good.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
~ Now...its time for the A-Show...SmackDown Live...And here we go...

~ Okay...so I'd still have A.J wrestling someone else besides Shane...but...I'm sure the match will be fine.
I except this story and match and hopefully it leads to something that will shake up the booking on both
RAW & SmackDown.

~ No Otunga...Awesome!

~ No Mauro...Damn!

~ And Becky gets her win back after Natalya hit her with the most devastating german suplex ever last
week.(Seriously...go back and watch that mess of a tag team match...Becky stays down for an eternity
before being pinned) Carmella then shows up and lays out Becky & Nattie.

Look...I like Carmella...but I sure hope she doesn't win the title at Wrestlemania...she is nowhere near ready.

~ Okay...so I like the Miz & Maryse...and John Cena & Nikki...but...we knew this was coming weeks ago...
so let's get to Wrestlemania, have the match and find out just how long Cena will be away for and if Nikki
is sticking around.

~ And Alexa Bliss is defeated clean on TV...Damn...I mean...I like Mickie James...but you have to protect
your Champions. Couldn't Mickie James fight Carmella while having Alexa on commentary? Just making
a suggestion...

tumblr_omu2fa4ZGX1ux0q3go1_500.png

~ And you can't say Shane isn't willing to bleed for his art...

~ So...SmackDown just fired A.J? So...he'll just sign with RAW right?

~ I don't care about Heel Ziggler...I want to...but I don't. Cool to see Mojo getting a run.

~ Its always great to see Bray...but still no sign of Harper or Rowan...I read
Vince called off Harper's "push" but who really knows?

~ Hey...its the future Intercontinental Champion and future Money in the Bank winner Baron Corbin.
A nice segment as always from the Lone Wolf.

~ And the Usos pin the Alpha of America clean? So...that's 2 title holders pinned clean tonight...Ugh...Not a fan...

~ And its A.J vs. Shane at Wrestlemania...what a shock!

Honestly...this may have been the worse episode of SmackDown I've seen in what feels like an age.
It was still solid...but...it just didn't have any spark to it this week. Well...not every show can be a 6 out of 5 stars.

Still better than RAW...

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Not the best episode of SmackDown, but I think we can forgive 'em, considering they've been producing good-to-great episodes since the brand split. 5/10

AJ Styles' opening promo, Styles' attack on Shane and The MizTV were the highlights of the show. Everything else was just "there".

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
This was a really weird show to grade.

Gosh. I can't believe we're going into Wrestlemania 33 and the match I'm looking forward to the most is AJ Styles vs Shane McMahon. Partially because Raw is incapable of doing anything right, but... The build to this match has been so stellar that I'm really amped up for it. And who knows, maybe Shane has some crazy ass idea in mind? It's likely going to be the most memorable match on the card, too, unless Aries and Neville go full PWG on us. Shane running out to announce that fight with Styles was almost as badass as OH MY GOODNESS NOT THE CAR WINDOW LOL DAMN. Good stuff. Also Mr. Styles, thanks for reading my reply to Solid Snake in the bitch thread about your match. :bodallas:

Gosh. I can't believe it's 2017 and MizTV really is the most must see talk show in all of WWE or whatever it is he said... behind Talking Smack anyway. Another great promo from Miz, another chance to mute Nikki and John, good stuff all around!

Usos beating the Alphas to set up a Mania match, perhaps? That's anti-build. Seen it too many times. Stop it. You could have accomplished so much more by simply having all these dudes yelling backstage. Mickie pinning Alexa was even worse, and none of the matches this week were really stellar. Crowd didn't help... and the bloom is starting to come off the rose with Becky. She's supposed to be the in-ring ace of the brand but she doesn't feel any better than any of the other girls.

I was STUNNED at how much they've done to rehab Bray Wyatt and how interested I was in his match with Orton... then they had dueling promos on each other and my interest level DIED.
I want to go back in a time machine to 2009 and let me know that in 2017, AJ Styles will be a FAR superior promo, worker, star in WWE than the 12-time champion RKO. Here it is, side by side.
I guess the match still makes sense. If you want to go with young talent there are few better raw talents than Wyatt. And to most casual Mania viewers him pinning Randy is a big deal. Shouldn't have buried him for the first 4 years of his career though. They're going to have to come out of Wrestlemania with a REALLY hot angle for Wyatt if they keep wanting to go down this path.

I'll give it a 5/10, I guess.