Rate Smackdown 09/13/2016

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate this week's Smackdown in our weekly poll!

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

• 6/10

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • 7/10

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • 8/10

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • 9/10

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • 10/10

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Rate this week's episode of Smackdown Live and let us know what you thought of the show in the comments!

Opening

AJ Styles came to the ring and proclaimed himself "the champ that runs the camp." He was interrupted by John Cena, who claimed AJ had something that belonged to him. AJ returned Cena's arm band but Cena did not take it because he was talking about the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. They were interrupted by Dean Ambrose who demanded his rematch. Cena tried to interrupt but Ambrose referred to him as a part timer and said he had no respect for that. Shane McMahon then came to the ring and he made a Triple Threat match at the next Pay Per View between Dean Ambrose vs AJ Styles vs John Cena for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.

The main event was made to be John Cena and Dean Ambrose vs AJ Styles and a partner of his choosing. AJ would spend time between segments looking for a partner.

Hype Bros vs Usos

The Usos defeated the Hype Bros by pinfall.

The Miz

The Miz was cutting a promo in the ring and was interrupted by Dolph Ziggler. Dolph said that Miz's victory at Backlash was tainted and demanded a rematch. Daniel Bryan came out and said that Ziggler would get his rematch. Miz said that he would not defend the IC title again until his contract was negotiated and said there was nothing Daniel Bryan could do about it. Miz then left the ring and went out through the audience.

Apollo Crews vs Baron Corbin

Baron Corbin attacked Apollo Crews outside the ring and hit the End of Days. Jack Swagger then came to the ring and Corbin left the ring. He said he was reinventing his character and that we should forget everything we know about it.

Becky Lynch Promo

Becky Lynch talked about her victory and welcomed all challengers to challenge for the belt.

Naomi vs Nikki Bella vs Natayla vs Alexa Bliss vs Carmella.

Winner is the number one contender for the Smackdown Live Woman's Championship.

Alexa Bliss pinned Nikki Bella to become the number one contender.

Heath Slater

Heath Slater came to the ring to sign his contract for Smackdown. He then thanked Shane, Daniel Bryan and his fictional wife Beula. He was interrupted by the Ascension who demanded an immediate title shot.

Heath Slater and Rhyno vs the Ascension for the Smackdown Live Tag Team Championship

Heath Slater and Rhyno retained the tag team championship by pin fall.

John Cena and Dean Ambrose vs AJ Styles and the Miz

At first, James Ellsworth was assigned as AJ's partner but he was attacked and destroyed by the Miz. The Miz insisted he was the main event and AJ welcomed him as his tag team partner.

John Cena and Dean Ambrose won when Cena pinned the Miz. After the match, Dean Ambrose hit Cena with dirty deeds.

Reactions: Solidus1

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
A pretty weak episode. I would give it a 6. There wasn't much really bad about it. The only good thing, though, was the Miz... and coming from me, not being a Miz fan, that is a compliment. He was the most interesting thing on the show.

The only match I sort of enjoyed was the Fatal Fiveway. Otherwise, this show didn't do much for me. Too bad because Smackdown had been so good for so long.

Reactions: Solidus1

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
I'll give it a 7/10 like I did RAW. Decent show and nice story progression leading toward No Mercy.

The Good:

The MIZ looked great all night and I was so happy to see him in the ME even if he took the pin. Hopefully whoever he drops the belt to is actually used and he goes on to the ME scene full time.

The Women looked great again tonight but WWE needs to stop with the 5-6 man matches. Let them have singles matches where they can develop and further individual storylines. With that said, Bliss being the new #1 contender for Becky's championship... Well I couldn't think of a better first opponent.

The Meh:

Speaking of multi-man matches, Styles/Cena/Ambrose is sure to be a great match but seriously I'm sick of triple threat main events. I would have liked Ambrose/Cena for [HASHTAG]#1contendership[/HASHTAG] instead.

Jack Swagger on Smackdown...:
tumblr_o14s0jyN3w1v5w8sco1_500.png

The Bad:

We need more midcard on Smackdown.

Bray...why should I care anymore?

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Actually... It was pretty flawless
7/10 because of conformity

I would of gave it the 8

Positives
-Congratulations Heath Slater! I thought it would end badly again
-The Miz is really solidifying himself as a monster heel in this storyline, it's making the IC title great again
-JAMES FUCKING ELLSWORTH
-I'm loving the Hawkins
-They pulled the trigger on Dean Ambrose... Good idea actually
-Bliss vs. Becky set for No Mercy

Negatives
-why is Cena is this title match? Because Big Match John? He ain't walking out champion, it's gotta be special because he's gonna tie with Flair's record
-Corbin and Crews are being wasted

The WTF
-Bray..... It's not you it's me... I'm giving up on you
-somebody has already jumped ships? And it's Swagger... Hmmm not what I would want for Corbin

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
0/10 because james ellsworth didn't make it into the main event. I get it though they don't want their top 3 stars looking like rookies next to that legend.

In all seriousness though, I'd say a 6/10. And it is too bad ellsworth got that treatment right before the ME. He needs to actually come back and wrestle. I said it right after his strowman squash that I hope they bring him back more, he's like the new, less-Blue Eugene.

I enjoyed the majority of the show. Skimmed through the fatal 5 way because the winner got spoiled. Was a surprise but we all know where that's going. An easy job for becky to defend.

Jack swagger on smackdown. OK whatever. Glad he got a character face lift but we'll see where this goes. He and jinder could have made an ok feud on raw being the all american/Arabic terrorist propaganda machine for a while.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Swagger vs Corbin is going to be amazing. Seriously.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Good show. 7/10

SmackDown defeated RAW this week. It was simply the better and easier show to watch.

Positives:
- The opening segment was great. Styles, Cena and Ambrose all cut pretty good promos and showed some fire.

- The Usos are finally interesting again! Wow, they did it! Also, that "get our shit in" match against The Hype Bros was fun.

- The Miz segment featuring Bryan and Ziggler was so good. The Miz was great, in particular.

- Crews/Corbin stuff was well done. Now, Swagger's a part of SmackDown? Interesting, as everyone thought we'd eventually get to see Cesaro. But, damn, Swagger's the guy who shouldn't be in the company right now given the treatment he's received the last couple of years. Hopefully he's booked well on SmackDown or otherwise, he should be on his way to New Japan. Anyways, he cut a pretty decent promo, but shame the crowd didn't care at all.

- Becky seemed genuinely pleased to have the Women's title. That's always nice to see. She deserves it and I'm extremely happy for her.

- The Fatal 5-Way #1 Contender's match was fun. It was short, but a fun little sprint. Good effort from all ladies involved and I'm glad Alexa won.

- Heath Slater contract signing was a fun segment. Slater continues to be entertaining. Plus, his new shirt is the greatest thing ever.
Also, I couldn't help but notice Rhyno may turn on him down the line, given those subtle looks of non-approval (is that the right word?) he's been shooting towards Slater lately. Until then, let's enjoy the ride.

- Beauty & The Man-Beast vs The Ascension wasn't any good. But hey, I appreciate the fact the tag champs got a successful first title defense.

- The Miz attacking James Ellsworth pre-match was vicious. Miz rules.

- Cena & Ambrose vs Styles & The Miz was a solid ME.
Not sure if The Miz eating the pin was the right call, as I was expecting either Ambrose to lay Cena out and cause him to lose, or Cena causing Ambrose to lose, followed by Ambrose hitting Dirty Deeds on him afterwards (which he did do post-match anyways), but oh well.

Negatives:
- None. Well, maybe one... James Ellsworth not getting to be Styles' partner in the ME. Shame, because... James Ellsworth = RATINGS.

Neutral:
- Wyatt/Orton stuff. The segment was OK, but I don't know, I just find myself not caring about this feud, not one bit.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Actually... It was pretty flawless
7/10 because of conformity

I would of gave it the 8

Positives
-Congratulations Heath Slater! I thought it would end badly again
-The Miz is really solidifying himself as a monster heel in this storyline, it's making the IC title great again
-JAMES FUCKING ELLSWORTH
-I'm loving the Hawkins
-They pulled the trigger on Dean Ambrose... Good idea actually
-Bliss vs. Becky set for No Mercy

Negatives
-why is Cena is this title match? Because Big Match John? He ain't walking out champion, it's gotta be special because he's gonna tie with Flair's record
-Corbin and Crews are being wasted

The WTF
-Bray..... It's not you it's me... I'm giving up on you
-somebody has already jumped ships? And it's Swagger... Hmmm not what I would want for Corbin
They pulled the trigger on Ambrose? You mean him attacking another face is new?

Ambrose is unhinged and unpredictable! We're not getting a heel Ambrose as long as he's in the title picture.
Swagger vs Corbin is going to be amazing. Seriously.
Looking forward to it.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
They pulled the trigger on Ambrose? You mean him attacking another face is new?

Ambrose is unhinged and unpredictable! We're not getting a heel Ambrose as long as he's in the title picture.

Agreed. That was definitely not an Ambrose heel turn. That was simply Ambrose being Ambrose.