Rate RAW 4/21/14

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Post your ratings and thoughts about tonight's show.

RAW Recap:
- Show open with Bryan/Brie, Steph came out and announced Kane/Bryan at ER
- Kane assaulted Bryan
- Barrett defeated Sheamus
- Wyatt cut an awesome promo on Cena
- Los Matadors w/El Dorito defeated 3MB
- Evolution/Shield trade off segment
- The Usos defeated The Rhodes Brothers(The Brothers argued afterwards and Rybaxel attacked The Usos)
- Emma defeated Layla
- BVD defeated Cesaro via Swagger faggotry
- Paige defeated Aksana
- Rusev squashed Sin Cara
- Cena defeated The Wyatt Family via DQ(Cena got messed up afterwards)

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
- Show open with Bryan/Brie, Steph came out and announced Kane/Bryan at ER (0/10)
- Kane assaulted Bryan (11/10)
- Barrett defeated Sheamus (8/10)
- Wyatt cut an awesome promo on Cena (12/10)
- Los Matadors w/El Dorito defeated 3MB (100/10)
- Evolution/Shield trade off segment (200/10)
- The Usos defeated The Rhodes Brothers(The Brothers argued afterwards and Rybaxel attacked The Usos) (7/10)
- BVD defeated Cesaro via Swagger faggotry (8/10)
- Paige defeated Aksana (10 Botches out of 10)
- Rusev squashed Sin Cara (10/10)
- Cena defeated The Wyatt Family via DQ(Cena got messed up afterwards) (9/10)

Overall, 8/10...Good show :tyson:

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
- Show open with Bryan/Brie, Steph came out and announced Kane/Bryan at ER (3/10)
- Kane assaulted Bryan (5/10)
- Barrett defeated Sheamus (8/10)
- Wyatt cut an awesome promo on Cena (8/10)
- Los Matadors w/El Dorito defeated 3MB (-5/10)
- Evolution/Shield trade off segment (6/10)
- The Usos defeated The Rhodes Brothers(The Brothers argued afterwards and Rybaxel attacked The Usos) (6/10)
- Emma defeated Layla with the help of a female cobra (2/10)
- BVD defeated Cesaro via Swagger faggotry (4/10)
- Paige defeated Aksana (5/10)
- Rusev squashed Sin Cara (6/10)
- Cena defeated The Wyatt Family via DQ(Cena got messed up afterwards) (6/10)

Overall 5/10.. very average show.

Last edited:

WWESpongefan

The Showoff
Reaction score
5/10 I didn't care for the Santino/Emma Fandango/Layla match, Rusev does not impress me, and Torito and Hornswoggle needs to stop. What was good was Bad News Barrett and Sheamus. The Cesaro match was good until Swagger ruined it. Loving Bray Wyatt and The Shield. Paige was good too. Usos and Rhodes Brothers was good. I didn't know which side to cheer for. The crowd seemed pretty bored for most of the night

RoyalRaven

Fooqy Booqy Biggest Gamer Winner!
Banned
Reaction score
- Show open with Bryan/Brie, Steph came out and announced Kane/Bryan at ER
Was entertaining, though was hoping for some Brie/Steph action.

- Kane assaulted Bryan
Was fine, think 3 tombstones was abit overkill.

- Barrett defeated Sheamus
Fun match, Happy Barrett won.

- Wyatt cut an awesome promo on Cena
This was ok.

- Los Matadors w/El Dorito defeated 3MB
Torito beating McIntyre was a good ending, was expecting another Hornswoggle job out.

- Evolution/Shield trade off segment
Good angle, interested to see the developments of this.

- The Usos defeated The Rhodes Brothers(The Brothers argued afterwards and Rybaxel attacked The Usos)
Ryback, makes me lose interest in this completely, interested in Rhodes bros!

- Emma defeated Layla
Same again next week?

- RVD defeated Cesaro via Swagger faggotry
Standard outcome of this.

- Paige defeated Aksana
Paige really carried this awful match, though neither diva was without faults.

- Rusev squashed Sin Cara
Glad Sin Cara got some offense in, but honestly what are they doing with him.

- Cena defeated The Wyatt Family via DQ(Cena got messed up afterwards)
As expected, can't wait for Wyatt to feud with someone else after this.

4/10 Not great, I'll be happy when Rusev stops squashing people and we actually get to see a proper match.

Scott78

Jobber
Reaction score
Overall 5/10.

Reckon the bryan/kane wouldve been scheduled for end of show wondering if this happened way it did in a last minute say rewrite for bryan to get done and get out there back to his family. (If explained anywhere else still catching up with things lol). Happy Barret beat sheamus but wanted to see cesaro beat van damme nevermind.

Fast forward by a few matches i.e the emma santino fandango etc just bored of all of them now. Also the paige match soon as paige started on the heavy offensive and basically aksana came back i thought wait did i not watch this match on smackdown so hit the button to give match a miss.

Rusev sin cara again im already bored off rusev as been posted by another user looking forward till they do something different with him just more of a challenge would do for a while.

Cant really rate the john cena wyatt match as currently watching it even though seen the outcome on here lol.

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
3/10.

Damn they need some of their big names back. Jericho/Punk/Angle/etc. Show just sucks right now.

Reactions: alexb

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
5/10.

Good opening with the whole Kane/DB thing.

Barrett vs Sheamus was a great match and I can only assume he will go past RVD and to ER to win the title over Big E. By the way, look at Barrett becoming a fan favorite, huh? I'm with them myself, cool character.

Rusev? As posted above and as I myself have been noting for a couple of weeks, it's time they give him a real challenge. I mean, who's next? Spike Dudley?

While I love the whole Evolution concept, don't you just miss Ric Flair? I'm not saying they should bring him back as well but you kinda have to miss him, right?

I am very curious to see where the whole Cena/Wyatts thing is going to lead and finally, I definetely agree with Brad above and just a week ago myself I sort of called for Kurt Angle.

P.S. Where's Brock Lesnar? This part time shit really makes it suck that he of all people ended the streak...

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
7/10

Opening segment was awesome and made you forget - even for a second - that Kane is old and not credible at all. Put this over in the other thread.

BNB BEAT SHEAMUS! BNB BEAT SHEAMUS! I should be burying this since chances are the IC Belt is about to ruin yet another entertaining character, but I'll bitch about that later, too busy marking out right now, bro. Barrett. Beat Sheamus. Clean. I can't believe I typed that. And the match was good. And Barrett has never had this much fun on TV.

Ziggler and Hugh Jackman next week? Why am I excited for that?

Bray Wyatt can plug the app for 2 minutes and still be one of the best parts of Raw. Thank you, Wyatt, you miracle worker. Also great job by Baltimore for not calling him Husky Harris again, now Pitta's ACL will be okay so he can cost Dolph's more money.

Amazing how Batista and Orton seemed so cool in all the Evolution video packages, but they seem like such dorks now. Anyway Triple H needed to do his water bottle entrance since he needed it, still not a fan of Evolution but I loved Rollins' firey promo.

I missed Cesaro's music, but somehow he was able to have a good match with RVD. Mostly because he's Cesaro and he can powerbomb the fuck out of a bad match and make it good. Marked hard for RVD winning so Cesaro's career isn't ruined, and the feud with Swagger continues. Someone brought up them having a tag match, I would welcome that.

Don't know what it is... maybe it's the Raw crowds that have been conditioned to hate the Divas no matter what, maybe it's her working more Raw-style stuff while she's not the best seller, especially carrying noobs like Aksana, but Paige really isn't coming across nearly as well on Raw than NXT in any way at all. By the way, great job WWE making me actually happy to see Emma cut from Hulu. Your ability to suck a fan's interest away from someone is incredible.

John Cena is a heel. For him to sit safely on the stage and make horrible jokes one week and then fear for his life when the crowd votes him into a 3-on-1 handicap match came across as the most despicable, disingenuous thing we've seen from Cena in a long time. Match was fun because the Wyatts are fun, but for Cena to win a 3 on 1 handicap match? Get outta here, that was total bullshit! But it's no surprise, since we all know Cena is the favorite in a 3 on 1 handicap match. He truly is the odds to overcome, and he's the biggest heel in the company, you really can't look at him any other way.

Entertaining show that just flew by and did a great job of pushing storylines forward.

Reactions: Leo C

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Average show.

BNB awesome.
Wyatt awesome
Cesaro awesome
Paige meh
Emma meh
Evolution ok
Shield good
Kane fantastic

In more detail wish Emma had never been called up now as I hate her current partnership with Santino. A PINK COBRA REALLY?????????

Reactions: Snowman1

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Also lol at Los Matadores being outshined by El Torito week in week out what a pathetic tag team they have become think 3MB rate higher imo.

Snowman1

Reaction score
In more detail wish Emma had never been called up now as I hate her current partnership with Santino. A PINK COBRA REALLY?????????

I know, right? I can understand why they'd try it.. Emma's a 75% comedy character on NXT so they think making her 100% is the way to go on Raw, which makes sense, plus for a Diva to get over in 2014 they'd have to do stuff outside the division to showcase their personailty (see Lee, AJ). But this chick Santino thing isn't working. This isn't even getting over with the casuals.

Reactions: Cloud

Snowman1

Reaction score
Also, just gonna leave this gif here for D'Z to chuckle at.

cesaro-van-dam-tiger-driver.gif

Reactions: Leo C and Cloud

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
RVD is a turd. I laugh when they suck him off on commentary like OMG he is so quick! I'm like lol it isn't 1997.

Boring ass episode of Raw. No star power outside of Evolution/Shield and Cena/Wyatt.