Rate Raw 4/10/2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate this episode of Raw!

• 0/10

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 1/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 5/10

• 6/10

• 7/10

• 8/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Please rate Raw and make sure to leave a comment to let us know what you thought of the show.

Opening

Miz and Maryse came to the ring dressed as John Cena and Nikki Bella. Dean Ambrose then came to the ring as if he thought they really were Cena and Bella. When Miz told Ambrose he was Miz, Ambrose hit Miz with dirty deeds.

The New Day vs the Revival

The Revival pinned the New Day for the victory.

Backstage

Austin Aries demanded another title shot.

Curt Hawkins

Hawkins announced he was on Raw. Big Show came out and laid him out.

Austin Aries vs T.J. Perkins

Perkins won the match by pin fall.

Seth Rollins

Rollins did a promo reintroducing himself. He talked about the possibility of Stephanie sending him to Smackdown. Kurt Angle then came out. Angle said he had to make the best show and he wanted Rollins on the show. Seth was then attacked by Samoa Joe. Joe leaves when Angle got between him and Rollins. Joe left.

Charlotte vs Nia Jax

Nia defeated Charlotte by pin fall.

Finn Balor vs Jinder Mahal

Finn Balor won by pin fall.

Sami Zayn vs the Miz

Zayn won by pin fall.

Backstage

Roman Reigns was in an interview. He got attacked and brutally destroyed by Roman Reigns. Reigns was put in an ambulance and Braun turned the ambulance over.

Luke Gallows, Karl Anderson and the Shining Stars vs the Cesaro and Sheamus and the Hardy Boyz

Jeff Hardy pinned Primo and won the match for his team.

Kevin Owens vs Dean Ambrose

Dean Ambrose won by pin fall

After the match, Chris Jericho came to the ring. He stood in the ring and showed off as the show ended.

Black Iron PJ

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Am I the only that's looking forward to AJ Styles Live starring Shinsuke Nakamura tomorrow?

• Haha
Reactions: C.M. Shaddix

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Thoughts on the Trades:
  • Bray Wyatt...Oh No...
  • Alexa Bliss...while I wanted "My Bliss" to stay on SmackDown...hopefully she will make Bayley (and Izzy) cry and take the title from her...
  • Mickie James...I called it...Nice move...
  • Curt Hawkins...I don't care...
  • Dean Ambrose...A possible Shield Reunion? I guess Baron Corbin isn't getting the IC title...Damn...
  • The Miz & Maryse...this sucks for the Miz...he's never getting near the Universal title...
  • Apollo Crews...Well...I hope his booking will be better on RAW...but I doubt it...may-be he should go to NXT?
  • Kalisto...In with the Cruiserweights...Nice...Neville vs. Kalisto please!
  • Heath Slater & Rhyno...Damn my "favorite" tag team in now on RAW...
~ Maryse is dressed like Nikki Bella again...Yay!
~ I like the Revival...
~ Neville is awesome...
~ Curt Hawkins is a dick...
~ Did TJ Perkins just turn heel?
~ Seth Rollins is cool...
~ Charlotte getting pinned by Nia was annoying but it had to happen...
Just get the Queen on SmackDown and let her start winning again...
~ Really? Jinder Mahal? Shouldn't Finn be fighting someone worthwhile?
~ And Bray is on RAW...and I die a little bit inside...
~ Sami Zayn won a match! Yay!
~ [HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG]
~ Hey...there's that Elias Samson guy...
~ Can Cesaro please go to SmackDown?
~ So...it appears Dana wants to stand on her own...even though her and Emma were like best pals back in the day...
It wasn't an identity crisis Dana...it was the shitty RAW creative team! I hope Emma goes to SmackDown and fights
Becky...that would be cool!
~ Bayley still pisses me off! Why won't Sasha attack her? Get a chair and wrap it around her fucking head!
~ Woah! RAW just became a lot more bitchy and sexy...Alexa Bliss is here! as is Mickie James!
~ And then Nia Jax comes out and fucks everybody up except Alexa...I called it...Alexa & Nia are going to team up!
~ I've seen Owens vs. Ambrose too many time to care...

And apparently RAW traded Bryon Saxton for David Otunga...Oh Joy...now we get three hours of listening to
Otunga drain our soul out through our ears. Worst trade ever!

All I can say is I hope SmackDown gets a fair shake with the trades...but no matter who they get...
the writers/creative will make it work.

Also this would be great...

C9Gb6MyVwAAgRun.jpg

Last edited:

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
SDLive is gonna be great, but Raw itself was meh at best.

5/10.

I had it on for the first 2 hours and lost interest after like the first 30 minutes. Ehh. I wish they did an actual draft. I am sure SmackDown will be a lot better.

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
So Reigns isn't going hell (as what should of been expected anyway), and Braun tips an Ambulance on him....Roman.... is probably gonna be back next week isn't he..... son of a....

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Am I the only that's looking forward to AJ Styles Live starring Shinsuke Nakamura tomorrow?
Smackdown's moves have not took place yet, for all we know Owens will be there tonight and so will Enzo and Cass, Charlotte, Bayley, Sami Zayn, and who knows

Eva Maryse

The Artiste
Reaction score
I'm going with a zero. It was a pretty bad show all in all, only real highlight was BRAAAAAUN!

And they've absolutely killed The Miz's career. After his 2016 and 2017 so far he deserves a World Title run, and on SDL it was possible. On Raw though he has less than no chance. No chance at all he gets pushed over The Shield, Balor, Lesnar, etc. especially with the Universal Title supposedly tied up with Lesnar till WM 34 so Roman can beat him and look strong(er). I'll be amazed if Miz wins a single match this year on Raw, he'll wind up stuck on Superstars within a month.

Mike Thunder

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
"Roman Reigns was in an interview. He got attacked and brutally destroyed by Roman Reigns. Reigns was put in an ambulance and Braun turned the ambulance over."
11/10 this was the best segment ever.

Chicken McDouble

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Roman got pretty much killed by Braun, which I found really funny.

The trades were... okay? I mean Wyatt, Ambrose and Bliss were the only real highlights and everyone else just felt kind of... there, just do the same stuff as you normally do. (Miz and Maryse should've stayed on Smackdown imo, RAW isn't going to help Miz at all.)

Most people are saying SD is pretty much dead, but they've still got trades to go, Owens. Charlotte and New Day are looking very likely to go to SD and more will join them aswell.

Overall, I'll give RAW a 6.

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Just finihsed watching RAW a few minutes ago and, well, today marks the very first time ever since I became a member of this forum that I am giving the show a 10/10...

Now, hold your horses for a second. Was the show actually worthy of a perfect 10/10 rating? Abso-fuckin-lutely not. At best I'd probably give it a 5/10 being I was personally very dissapointed with the form and shape of the superstar shake up which was the theme of the evening but that Roman/Braun segment...My God, that alone, just made my day and that alone, being how well it was executed, in my view earned the 10/10. This was, no doubt, one of THE best segments on RAW in ages and a segment that really brought back a lot of great memories from the Attitude Era, capped by the best use of "you deserve it" chants from the entire arena because Lord knows this chant has gotten lame and more lame lately...

Just to be clear, this excitement has nothing to do with me hating on Roman and such. We all obviously "hate" Roman for the way he's being booked and portrayed but this of course, as already noted on numerous occasions, is not personal. This was simply a picture perfect segment that made Braun looked like a million bucks and something I feel he desperately needed after a few weeks of him backing down, almost looking as if WWE were trying to cool him off. THIS is how you build a monster and THIS is how you make a star. Well done WWE and once more props to the fans for adding to the whole thing with their clever chants.

The other major point of the show was obviously the shake up. As noted above, at the end of the day I found myself very dissapointed and the reason I feel this way is because I firmly believe they could have done things a lot better. This basically lacked any creativity and was more a case of random SD stars showing up at any given time and while there was the aspect of surprise (as in who may come out next), I actually figured they might give this a more sports-like feel, with actual back and forth between the GM's, contemplating decisions and/or trades, perhaps even bidding if you will. Instead, just like with the original draft, this all felt pretty lazy and underwhelming which I think is a shame being it could have easily been done so much better.

Aside from that, I shall hold my thoughts on this matter once we see what happens on SD and how this shake up will conclude before any talk on whether it was a success or not. In general, I guess the fact that AJ seems to be staying put on the blue brand is something we all wanted, most of the people that arrived from SD we pretty mich predicted and if there's anything baffling ater what we've seen tonight, it's probably Bray Wyatt.

Bray Wyatt coming to RAW I found very surprising being he's still in the midst of a feud with Orton and what makes it even stranger is that they will have their match at Payback, the RAW exclusive PPV. On one hand, this kind of makes the outcome obvious, right? You're not moving EVERY title to RAW, are you? Unless.....

....unless Brock is moving to Smackdown? Would they swap the two major titles? I guess, why not? Then again, rumor does have it that the idea for next years Mania is Brock vs. Roman so...how would that come to play if both are on seperate shows? Granted, there's always the idea of it being an interpromotional deal or maybe somewhere down the road a trade can be made but, Idk, just thinking out loud here, doesn't really make too much sense. There's also the idea of Brock versus Braun so I'm not sure how this all works.

Other than that, I guess Ambrose moving to RAW means KO is moving to SD? One would have to think so, right? And finally, it really appears that amongst the people moving to SD are Charlotte (this has to be a lock), New Day, possibly the Club and...dare I say Fin Balor? We shall see...

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The show was OK. It wasn't great nor downright bad, it was just "there". 5/10

Braun/Reigns segment was definitely highlight of the show. Rollins' promo followed by an altercation with Joe was good, too.

The opening segment and the ME were solid. The rest was not particularly exciting, it was just OK.

As for the shake-up/roster changes, I wish we got more info and explanation regarding them, it sort of felt just thrown out there, but oh well.

Now, thoughts on the superstar shake-up...

The Miz & Maryse: Oh, boy. This is a huge blow to SmackDown because The Miz has been one of the absolute highlights of the show since the brand split. I thought they wouldn't be moving him to RAW given that Nakamura debuted after his segment and I was looking forward to them feuding on SD, but they just had to move him to RAW where he won't be utilized properly. That sucks, he really deserves better.

Dean Ambrose: Talk about a workhorse, man. Ambrose has been working his ass off for the past year or so, so this is also a loss for the blue brand. Hopefully SD gets a good replacement, though.

Bray Wyatt: Another big SD name gone, huh? I had a feeling they would be moving him to RAW. Hopefully the title change doesn't happen and the WWE title stays on SD, though.

Apollo Crews: Not much of a loss for SD, considering he used to be lost in the shuffle there. That's what happens when you call someone up from NXT and don't have a plan for them. So, I doubt that switching brands will help him find his footing on RAW, but we'll see, I guess.

Alexa Bliss: Some of us called it last week, Bliss comes to RAW and Charlotte/Sasha go to SmackDown. Nice.

Mickie James: Nice move, hopefully SD gets Emma.

Kalisto: Smart move to have him on RAW considering he was lost in the shuffle on SD. Also, he'll be a fresh face in the CW division, so that's a plus.

Slater & Rhyno: Not much of a significant loss for SD considering they weren't doing pretty much anything there lately, so I also doubt they'll be doing much on RAW.

Curt Hawkins: He'll have the same role on RAW as he used to have on SD, which is putting people over.

As for SD tonight, I can see Charlotte/Sasha, The New Day, Rusev, KO, Jericho, The Club/Enzo & Cass all switching brands.