Rate Raw 3/18/2018

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Raw

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 4/10

• 8/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Rate Raw and leave a comment to let us know what you thought of the show!

Opening

Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar criticized Seth Rollins for taking on Drew McIntyre so close to Mania. Drew came out and was attacked by Rollins but Lesnar and Heyman left.

Lio Rush and Bobby Lashley vs Braun Strowman and Finn Balor

Balor and Strowman won by pin fall

Moment of Bliss

Alexa Bliss claimed to be host of Wrestlemania and brought out Elias, promising him he would not be interrupted but he was by No Way Jose,

Elias vs No Way Jose

Elias won by pin fall

Kurt Angle Announcement

Angle announced Baron Corbin as his final opponent at Wrestlemania

Chad Gable vs Kurt Angle

Angle won by submission

Women's Tag Team

Beth Pheonix and Natalya challenged the tag champs at Wrestlemania

Sasha Banks vs Natalya

Banks won by DQ

Ricochet vs Jinder Mahal

Ricochet won by pin fall

Raw Women's Title: Champion Ronda Rousey vs Dana Brooke

Rousey won by tap out and then tried to break Dana's arm. Both her and her husband attacked a security guard

Apollo Crews vs Baron Corbin

Apollo won by pin fall

Batista

Batista gave a strange interview about HHH that boiled down to he is mad at HHH because he doesn't like him.

Seth Rollins vs Drew McIntyre

McIntyre won by pin fall when lesnar distracted Seth

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Decent show with the only highlight being Chad vs Kurt.

Reactions: Crash

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Kurt Angle Announcement

Angle announced Baron Corbin as his final opponent at Wrestlemania

giphy.gif

A RARE BEAVIE MINI-RANT INCOMING!

I get Corbin "made his life hell as GM" but WE ARE TRYING TO MOVE PAST IT! I DON'T EVEN HAVE HEAT WITH CORBIN IN "WANTING TO SEE HIM LOSE" I DON'T WANT TO SEE HIM ON MY TV!

And this is nothing personal against the guy himself. He has a few cool moves, a badass theme, and he seems to be a very down to Earth and smart guy in interviews, and two years ago, I saw the guy had potential. With the way he has been booked especially in the past year... I don't feel interested in this match at all. He was decent on Smackdown until his MITB fail and even then he at least was okay as US Champ. But on Raw, the Constable gimmick, over exposed, him continuing to wrestle in dress pants and shirt even after getting fired from his job, and very few singles matches of his in the past year of his standing out for the right reasons... I'm not into it.

John Cena could have worked, maybe Finn Balor, Drew McIntyre, (Samoa Joe if he wasn't US Champ or AJ Styles... minus the fact they are on Smackdown) all I would have been more interested in than Barron Corbin. I woulda took Barron Blade over him even!

Reactions: Doxo and Jay-Ashley

Redboy123@

Reaction score
That drew mclntyer promo though. I thought it was pretty good.

'you may have beaten leukemia, but you can't beat me.'

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I loved being the odd man out on NXT Corbin. Thought he had a lot of potential (because NXT is good and spotlighted what he does well). Main roster Corbin though? He showed he had a small ceiling, was fast tracked to MITB and buried by Cena to the point where I didn't see a reason to keep him around, INSTANTLY got lost in the shuffle after the Superstar Fuck Up, got a lot better on the mic in his GM role but was still, with the help of awful writing and playing a character that's completely worn out his welcome, ascended into the absolute doldrums of 2018 Raw.

What a career

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Corbin has had so much TV time in the past year its unreal. The guy probably averages 3 segments a show. The guy gets so much exposure that it only makes sense for him to be at mania. They've invested so much into him.

It's pretty shit to be watching this though. Who the fuck wants to see Corbin vs Angle? We have already seen Angle get he's retribution over Corbin. Gives us an meaningful exhibition match to honor the career of Kurt. This has not been a good enough story. This isn't Jericho vs Owens. Long term booking isn't always good it seems.

Maybe because wrestlemania is the only date Cena can do, then this will be a swerve. If not, who is Cena facing at mania? Joe?

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
The only logical reason as to why Corbin should face Kurt, is that Kurt might wanna leave with a big W by making someone tap. So if that's the case, there aren't many people WWE would feel comfortable with tapping to a 50 year old Angle, especially not someone like Cena lol. It is what it is though, with the right placement on the card, people will hopefully have the right kind of heat towards Corbin at Mania and they'll erupt when Angle beats him.. hopefully.

In my mind, Cena vs Angle was totally set in stone. Besides being up against a household name for your last match, Kurt was Cena's first match on the main roster, so why wouldn't he be the guy to also retire him? Fits like a glove if you ask me. It could have even been another Taker/Cena type of match with only a couple fast paced spots and Cena beating him after 2 AAs or smth, which would have also helped the length of the PPV a tiny bit

edit:

hm, I could see that happening actually

Last edited:
Reactions: Crash

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Cena got that ass beat by a 50 year old Undertaker last year. There's nothing to protect here

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
Cena got that ass beat by a 50 year old Undertaker last year. There's nothing to protect here
fair enough.. but not really. Angle ain't no Taker, some people might disagree with that but Angle's fighting midcard guys on Raw while also losing a few nothing matches over the past couple months. Taker only showed up for the big matches and won most of them.

Also, the story of Cena/Taker was totally different. It was more about mind games with Cena being cocky & calling Taker out, while also not expecting to have a tough fight if he does accept. Yet when Taker actually showed up at the last possible moment, Cena was in shock and therefor totally thrown off his game which caused him to lose grip and also the match, simply because he underestimated Taker.
Cena vs Angle wouldn't have had that kind of dynamic, therefor Cena would look way worse if he lost to Angle than what he did after losing to Taker

Redboy123@

Reaction score
As soon as he announced it to be Corbin I was expecting it to be a big fat lie.

Crash

Reaction score
7/10

Good show, loved Kurt VS Gable, Seth VS Drew and most of the promos... I disliked the women's stuff and the no way jose crap.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley