Rate Raw 2/1/16

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

How Would You Rate Raw on 2/1/2016?

• 1/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • 6/10

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 7/10

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 8/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Rate Raw on a 1-10 scale and put your thoughts down below!

Raw Results

1. The show opened with Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman talking about the main event at Fastlane. Dean Ambrose came down to talk to Lesnar and declare that he was going to win at Fastlane.

2. Kalisto defeated Rusev by countout with Alberto Del Rio at ringside.

3. Stephanie gloated to Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose about HHH winning the belt and then announced the main event as Ambrose and Reigns taking on the New Day.

4. A promo about Nikki Bella aired which culminated with Charlotte confronting Brie Bella and taking credit for Nikki's injury

5. The Usos defeat the Social Outcasts when Jay Uso pinned Adam Rose after a splash from the top rope.

6. Miz TV has AJ Styles for it's guest. Miz offers to be Aj's mentor before going off on the crowd. Miz began insulting AJ only for AJ to eventually snap and run for his life.

7. Brie Bella defeated Charlotte in a non title match by pinfall.

8. Big Show pinned Erick Rowan only to be attacked by Harper and Strowman after.

9. Titus O'Neil defeated Tyler Breeze after Clash of the Titus by pinfall.

10. HHH confronted Lesnar in the locker room regarding the fact that Lesnar didn't attack Ambrose in the ring earlier.

11. Dolph Ziggler defeated Kevin Owens after hitting a zig zag and scoring the pin.

12. No winner was announced in Becky Lynch vs Sasha Banks when tensions erupted between Sasha Banks against Tamina and Naomi... Tamina and Naomi attacked Banks, who was saved by Lynch.

13. Goldust confronted R Truth again about being a tag team and R Truth refused.

14. New Day has a 10 minute ring entrance/promo before the main event against Reigns and Ambrose. Reigns and Ambrose win when Ambrose pinned Big E after hitting dirty deeds, only to have Brock Lesnar approach the ring. The New Day took advantage of the distraction to attack Reigns and Ambrose. With Reigns out of the ring,Lesnar hit Ambrose with an F5 and left the ring.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I give it a 7. It wasn't great but the good stuff outnumbered the bad. It was a decent few hours.

I liked:

Paul Heyman. His promo, as usual, was genius. His commentary during the main event was legendary (Thank you Mr. Heyman, you're welcome Mr. Cole). He made the show.

Stephanie gloating to Reigns

Miz TV was good.

Usos vs Outcasts was okay

Ziggler vs Owens as all right but the ending was nonsense.

Goldust/Truth segment.. although I keep expecting Truth to counter with the name Golden Shower... but oh well.

Main event was surprisingly good but Heyman on commentary was the best part.

I didn't like:

New Day's ten minute ring entrance. I know a lot of you like New Day, but these are unnecessary and NOT entertaining.

Big Show vs Rowan was boring and had not point

Charlotte vs Bella was boring.

Ending to Banks and Lynch was boring.

I was indifferent to:

Titus O'Neil v Breeze

Kalisto v Rusev

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Didn't watch but lol @ #11. Why's a jobber going over anyone...

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Opening segment was just awesome, expected an interference throughout the entire thing, but nothing. And that made it even better.

Kalisto vs Rusev was alright, ending protected Rusev-- which would've been alright if they were going to face at the PPV. Sadly not going to happen, though.

MizTV was really well done, good way to put AJ over. And it wasn't connected, but I guess Y2J vs AJ is a lock at Fast Lane.

Absolutely hate how they're using Breeze.

Ziggler going over was laughable, stupid that's going to turn into a feud. Even if it's for a month. Nobody benefits from a win over Ziggler at a PPV, just filler nonsense.

Same thing I said about the diva's matches last week also applies to this week.

The Main Event was pretty good, especially for a tag match. Heyman on commentary probably a little bit better.

Honestly, I'll give it a 6/10. Lesnar/Ambrose gets 5 of the points, the other one point is for the rest of the good/decent things.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
:lol1:
tumblr_o1wjfinVdP1snhdpvo1_500.png

Reactions: Snowman1

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This week's show from Bootyham was decent. 6/10

Positives:
- The opening segment featuring Heyman, Lesnar and Ambrose was awesome! Loved it.

- Kalisto vs Rusev was decent. That ending would've been perfect had they faced each other at Fastlane, but oh well.

- The Usos vs Social Outcasts was okay given the time constraint. Social Outcasts should've won, though, dammit!

- The MizTV segment with AJ Styles was decent. It went on a bit too long, but the brawl in the end was worth the wait. The brawl wasn't anything spectacular, but everything AJ Styles does seem legit.

- KO vs DZ was okay, but DZ winning makes no sense. Hell, this feud being rekindled makes no sense. KO's trash talk was great, though!
'WHERE YA GOIN', BUDDY?' 'HEY REF, WHAT'S FUNNIER THAN DOLPH ZIGGLER? EVERYTHING!' 'HIS STUPID HAIR IS IN MY FACE!' :ko:

- The New Day's pre-match promo was a'ight.

- Ambreigns vs The New Day was a surprisingly good ME, as Rainmaker pointed out. Heyman was awesome on commentary and that made the match better. Imagine him, Mauro Ranallo and Graves on commentary. Boy, oh boy! Lesnar coming out post-match and laying Ambrose out with an F-5 was awesome, also.

Negatives:
- Charlotte vs 'C'mon, Nikki!' aka Brie Bella was very mundane. Brie winning probably sets up a title match at Fastlane. Well, I guess Charlotte needs a filler opponent before WM.

- Big Show vs Rowan. The match ended exactly how I thought it would and set up a match at Fastlane nobody wants to see.

- Titus vs Breeze. Why did this happen and why did Breeze lose?!

- Sasha vs Becky was meh. I didn't care much for Team BAD breaking up and Sasha and Becky's temporary unity either.

- Goldust/R-Truth stuff is not funny. Sorry, WWE.

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Just finished watching RAW a little while ago and overall I feel we sort of went back to the mediocre stuff of previous weeks. Sure, there were a few good moments but all in all it had too many ups and downs and there were several times I got bored. 5/10 is my rating...

As far as storylines progressing, it appears that we shall have another AJ vs Y2J at Fastlane and Kallisto vs ADR was announced so the upcoming PPV is starting to shape up. Now, given that Niki Bella got the win over Charlotte, I actually wouldn't be surprised if they go at it once more at Fastlane, this time for the title, with Charlotte of course winning. This, perhaps, could be WWE finding and excuse to save the triple threat we all want to see for Mania.

One final note: did you guys not find it interesting that Daniel Bryan's name was mentioned from Miz during his segment with AJ Styles? I mean, all of a sudden and pretty much out of nowhere, Daniel Bryan's name just pops up in the middle of a promo? "Do you remember Daniel Bryan?", the Miz asked. Don't know about you guys but his name being mentioned ain't just something out of the blue. Remember, everyting is scripted, right? So, noone (ok, with very few excpetions like the Rock or HHH) goes out and says stuff just like that.

I've personally made the bold prediction a while back in the road to WM thread that DB will return after Fastlane and though the circumstances aren't excactly as I envisioned them (figured KO would be IC champ and DB coming back to challenge him for Mania) but nevertheless, this prediction appears to have some solid grounds to it after last night. Time will tell...

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
It was an okay episode, I just recently started watching again at the Rumble so I'm still kind of catching up on everything.

Thunderlips

The Artiste
Reaction score
Hey guys
Hope you dont mind me starting a new thread but i watch WWE alone and im in the UK so i dont watch live (only PPV) and im just watching this weeks so i wanted to start a thread for my questions and comments to keep it all in one place (if theres a section for this point me in the right direction, i didnt watch to use the live thread as its not live anymore)

Anyway, First off im confused that Stephanie wants Reigns and Ambrose divided but then pairs them up, i just watcg that segment and wondered why she didnt make them fight each other as the main event, surely that would be better than a tag match

NO SPOILERS PLEASE

Thunderlips

The Artiste
Reaction score
Renee Young is better looking than charlotte and Brie put together

Are Brie and Nikki real sisters?

Thunderlips

The Artiste
Reaction score
They have to have Brock v HHH and Reigns v Ambrose at WM that would kick ass

They go with HHH v Reigns then thats a big opportunity missed