Rate Raw 03/13/2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate this week's episode of Raw

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • 4/10

• 5/10

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 6/10

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • 7/10

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 8/10

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Rate this week's episode of Raw and let us know what you thought by leaving a reply!

Opening

Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman opened the show, with Heyman gloating about Lesnar hitting a F5 on Goldberg the week before. He then began bragging about how quickly Lesnar would beat Goldberg at WrestleMania. The crowd then began chanting for Goldberg and Heyman teased the crowd about Goldberg not being there tonight. He then told the crowd to pay attention to him and shut the hell up.

Heyman claimed WrestleMania would be the greatest championship comeback in WrestleMania history when Lesnar defeats Goldberg.

Backstage

Stephanie and Mick Foley were talking about the tension between them. Stephanie said it was because of the stress of WrestleMania and he shouldn't take it serious. She then insulted him and said that he needed to learn from her because she was willing to teach. When Foley agreed, Stephanie gave him his first lesson: by the end of the night, Foley has to find the one member of the Raw roster to fire. Foley was hesitant but told Steph she could count on him.

Sasha Banks vs Dana Brooke

Sasha Banks defeated Dana Brooke by pin fall. After the match, Charlotte came into the ring and began belittling Dana Brooke, calling her a disgrace. She told Brooke she was going to get rid of her and Dana Brooke snapped and attacked Charlotte, beating her viciously. Charlotte fled from the ring.

Warrior Award Announcement

The recipient of the Warrior Award was announced Eric Legrand

TJ Perkins and Akira Tozawa vs Brian Kendrick and Tony Nese

Brian Kendrick and Tony Nese won by pinfall.

Kevin Owens Promo

KO said he was never best friends with Chris Jericho. He said Jericho got him at FastLane, but he will become the US Champion just like Jericho took his title away from him. He said all that will be left of Y2J will be the tears of Jericho and he mimicked Jericho by saying "Cry it out, man." KO introduced Samoa Joe and said who needs best friends when you have a destroyer.

Kevin Owens and Samoa Joe vs Chris Jericho and Sami Zayn

The referee diaqualified Samoa Joe and Kevin Owens when they kept beating Zayn. Jericho came in for the save, but eventually got beaten down by them.

Backstage

Foley and Stephanie were still discussing the firing. Nia Jax came up and demanded to be part of the women's title picture. Stephanie told Mick he had too much on his plate and then gave Nia a match against Bayley. Mick then left to clear his head.

Tag Team Number One Contenders Match: Enzo and Cass
vs Cesaro and Sheamus

No one won the match so the match Mania was made a triple threat.

Roman Reigns vs Jinder Mahal

Roman Reigns defeated Jinder Mahal by pin fall. Undertaker's gong sounded at one point during the match, distracted Roman. Roman then called out the Undertaker, but Shawn Michaels came out instead. HBK told Roman that if he lets himself be distracted by Taker, then Taker will eat him alive. The two bickered with each other and eventually Roman said that he can't take Michael's advice because the Undertaker retired HBK and Reigns will retire Taker.

Austin Aries vs Ariya Daivari

Austin Aries won by pinfall.

The Big Show Titus O'Neil

Big Show won by pin fall.

Nia Jax vs Bayley

Nia Jax was DQ'ed for being overly aggressive.

Mick Foley Fires Someone

Stephanie asked Foley who he would fire and Foley said he thought it was an exercise in cruelty and no one deserved it. But, however, he said a name did jump off the paper and he thinks the decision would make everything better. He chose Stephanie McMahon. He made a case how Steph and HHH are selfish and want to dominate everyone, The two bickered until Triple H came out.

Everyone involved bickered for a while and eventually Foley made sure to say he didn't need them or the company and he liked himself enough not to look in the mirror and be happy. HHH then insulted Foley, implying that his kids would be fired from WWE jobs if he didn't fall in line. After berating him, HHH demanded Foley get out of his ring. Foley began to walk away. HHH approached Foley and Mick put the mandible claw on HHH. Stephanie then hit Foley in the crotch. When HHH was about to attack Foley, Seth Rollins then came out on crutches. Rollins dropped the crutch and then proceeded to beat the hell out of Triple H.

Triple H came back in the ring and Rollins beat him down for a while until HHH got the upper hand by hitting him in the knee with the crutch. The show ended with HHH hitting Rollins in the knee with the crutch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Grievous 3D

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
I gave it a 6.

First raw I've watched in weeks. Couple months now really.

There was a bit that I liked. But the promos are so long and drawn out.

There's a glimmer of hope of reigns turning...but at the same time there's not. I doubt it will happen but if it does then cool.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
The show had its moments. I loved Strowman just knocking the hell out of Roman. I loved Seth coming to help out Foley. And there were other highlights. However, this was a show of some highlights that still had its normal Raw issues. A solid 6.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
5/10.. There were a few moments that made the show watchable.

The New Day Talks segment was funny.

Strowman knocking the shit out of Roman was cool.

Surprise HBK appearance was cool.

Final segment was good. HHH vs Rollins should be one hell of a match.

Everything else was just not interesting.. I could care less about the RAW women's division, the tag team division, or the cruiser weight division. There are superstars that stand out in each but the story-lines are just not very good in any of them.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
~ Okay RAW...let me have a look...

~ Bork La$er & PeeWee Heyman...Skip!

~ Can we just fire Mick Foley already?

~ Okay...so Sasha Banks vs. Dana Brooke...and Sasha gets the victory before I can
even take a sip of my ice tea...Damn. Sasha did use the tights...but that's okay.

Charlotte publicly berates Dana...and then Dana finally stands up for herself and
attacks Charlotte. Its about damn time.

Wow...the crowd was actually chanting for Dana...never thought I'd hear that...but
Charlotte is an great heel...so if your going to attack someone and get a "face pop"
its Charlotte.

Both these women will be better off without each other...and hopefully this means
that Evil Emma is finally going to make her return to RAW.

May-be the WWE will try making Emma & Dana faces? Interesting...

~ Congrats to Eric LeGrand...

~ I don't care about the Cruiserweights...Skip!

~ Gallows & Anderson are a joke...Skip!

~ Okay...we have Jericho & Zayn vs. Owens & Joe...and a DQ victory for Chris & Sami...Okay...Next!

~ Just fire Foley already...

~ Nice to see Nia Jax showed up for work this week...and we get Nia vs. Bayley...AGAIN!!!

~ Jinder Mahal...I don't care...Skip!

~ New Day, Big Show, Titus...I don't care...Skip!

~ Okay...I honestly don't care about the RAW tag team titles...Gallows & Anderson are a joke...
Enzo will try and sleep with married women and Sheamus annoys me.

I'd rather see Big Cass fight Cesaro...but those are the breaks...

And a double DQ...that's the second DQ finish of the night...great booking RAW...

And its now its a triple threat at Wrestlemania for the titles...I don't care!

[HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG]

~ FIRE FOLEY NOW!!!

~ I like Austin Aries...that is all...

~ An Emma vignette...please bring her back this time WWE...

~ Big Show vs. Titus O'Neil...and I'm falling asleep...

~ Okay...Bayley vs. Nia...and another DQ finish! WTF?! That's the 3rd of the night!!! Again...
Bayley is looking piss weak as Champion...her booking so far has been worse than Kevin
Owens as Universal Champion. Nice to see Sasha was nowhere to be seen this week...lol

~ And I don't care about Stephanine, Foley, HHH or Rollins...

I'm Done...

Last edited:

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
~ Okay RAW...let me have a look...

~ Bork La$er & PeeWee Heyman...Skip!

~ Can we just fire Mick Foley already?

~ Okay...so Sasha Banks vs. Dana Brooke...and Sasha gets the victory before I can
even take a sip of my ice tea...Damn. Sasha did use the tights...but that's okay.

Charlotte publicly berates Dana...and then Dana finally stands up for herself and
attacks Charlotte. Its about damn time.

Wow...the crowd was actually chanting for Dana...never thought I'd hear that...but
Charlotte is an great heel...so if your going to attack someone and get a "face pop"
its Charlotte.

Both these women will be better off without each other...and hopefully this means
that Evil Emma is finally going to make her return to RAW.

May-be the WWE will try making Emma & Dana faces? Interesting...

~ Congrats to Eric LeGrand...

~ I don't care about the Cruiserweights...Skip!

~ Gallows & Anderson are a joke...Skip!

~ Okay...we have Jericho & Zayn vs. Owens & Joe...and a DQ victory for Chris & Sami...Okay...Next!

~ Just fire Foley already...

~ Nice to see Nia Jax showed up for work this week...and we get Nia vs. Bayley...AGAIN!!!

~ Jinder Mahal...I don't care...Skip!

~ New Day, Big Show, Titus...I don't care...Skip!

~ Okay...I honestly don't care about the RAW tag team titles...Gallows & Anderson are a joke...
Enzo will try and sleep with married women and Sheamus annoys me.

I'd rather see Big Cass fight Cesaro...but those are the breaks...

And a double DQ...that's the second DQ finish of the night...great booking RAW...

And its now its a triple threat at Wrestlemania for the titles...I don't care!

~ FIRE FOLEY NOW!!!

~ I like Austin Aries...that is all...

~ An Emma vignette...please bring her back this time WWE...

~ Big Show vs. Titus O'Neil...and I'm falling asleep...

~ Okay...Bayley vs. Nia...and another DQ finish! WTF?! That's the 3rd of the night!!! Again..
.Bayley is looking piss weak as Champion...her booking so far has been worse than Kevin
Owens as Universal Champion. Nice to see Sasha was nowhere to be seen this week...lol

~ And I don't care about Stephanine, Foley, HHH or Rollins...

I'm Done...

[HASHTAG]#RawIn60SecondsOrLess[/HASHTAG]

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
8/10.

The final segment alone is why I rated it so high. It was a classic Raw moment. This was the best Foley moment of his entire GM run. Him telling Steph she needs to go and then pulling Sock O out on Hunter.
It was great stuff, really got me amped like I haven't feel in awhile from Raw. Then Triple H went over as a MEGA heel. More so than we've seen in awhile. It's been hard for HHH to be the level of heel that he should be cuz he's Mr. NXT corporate businessman now. But with Steph hitting the low blow and HHH using the crutch and destroying Rollins, they pitted themselves at vicious heels. I thought it was fantastic.

Reactions: Gman003

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
8/10.

The final segment alone is why I rated it so high. It was a classic Raw moment. This was the best Foley moment of his entire GM run. Him telling Steph she needs to go and then pulling Sock O out on Hunter.
It was great stuff, really got me amped like I haven't feel in awhile from Raw. Then Triple H went over as a MEGA heel. More so than we've seen in awhile. It's been hard for HHH to be the level of heel that he should be cuz he's Mr. NXT corporate businessman now. But with Steph hitting the low blow and HHH using the crutch and destroying Rollins, they pitted themselves at vicious heels. I thought it was fantastic.
I agree completely. I gave it a 7 for this reason and because I enjoyed the hbk and Roman segment. It made reigns look semi heel and then he got blasted the fuck out of his shoes by strowman. It was good. Made the show feel hyped for mania. I can't think of a better to build he triple h Seth feud than with what they did. It was perfect, literally.

Reactions: Mr. Roman Empire

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Rated a six only because most the show was ok, but the final segment was great as well as Shawn and Roman's segment.

P.S: I am scared they are teasing a Roman heel turn for the sake of it...

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Yeah it seems like they're teasing a turn getting everyone excited then mania will happen and he'll lose and go back to his normal self..

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The show was OK, it wasn't great nor downright bad, it was just "there". 5/10

Things I liked:
- The opening segment with Lesnar and Heyman was OK.

- Kendrick & Nese vs Tozawa & TJP was decent.

- KO's promo was good and the tag match that followed was exactly what it needed to be.

- HBK/Reigns segment was good. I dug Reigns' heelish attitude here, as well as Strowman laying out Reigns in the end.

- Aries vs Daivari was OK given the time constraint.

- That backstage segment with Y2J and Mike Rome was hilarious.

- The closing segment was great and the highlight of the show. Even though I didn't really like the fact that the show was focused on the drama between Stephanie and Foley, they salvaged it when HHH came out, when Foley pulled out Mr. Socko and followed by Rollins/HHH stuff.

Things I didn't like or skipped:
- Everything else.

collim1

The Artiste
Reaction score
I just got around to watching it. I have to watch on Hulu so I miss some minor stuff.

I loved the final segment. As a Foley fan growing up I wanted to see him stand up to Steph and HHH.

Mr Socko's return made my day. Classic Mick Foley and I loved it. Would have loved to see more, but I understand he ain't in fighting shape anymore.

Big Charlotte fan also and loved to see Botchie, ahem Dana, take a cheap shot at her. Maybe she can finally find something that works for her.

HHH is still great on the mic. He really went heel tonight and did a good job. Wish Steph would commit to being heel and get some heel music and really take it back to the Mr McMahon but she keeps up this half sassy half major heel stuff and it's distracting. Just be the money crazed bitch of a boss we all want you to be.