Rate Raw 03/06/2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate this episode of Raw!

• 1/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2/10

• 3/10

• 5/10

• 8/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Rate tonight's episode of WWE Raw and leave some comments as to what you thought of the show!

Opening

The show opened with Chris Jericho coming to the ring. Jericho invited Kevin Owens out to explain why he betrayed Jericho. Owens did come out. KO told Jericho after Y2J cost him the belt, he didn't owe him an explanation. Jericho interrupted and demanded an explanation.

KO told Jericho that he never stabbed his best friend in the back because Jericho was never his best friend. He explained Sami Zayn was his best friend and he stabbed Sami in the back and would do it again and again. KO told Jericho that Jericho was only a tool that KO used to keep his title. He then said he turned on Jericho because Jericho failed to help him outsmart Goldberg. KO then told Jericho that Jericho had outsmarted him the previous night.

The two bickered until Jericho challenged Owens to WrestleMania. KO said that ever since Jericho took his title from him, all KO could think about was taking Jericho's title from him. KO demanded the WrestleMania match be a title match and Jericho quickly agreed. Jericho then challenged KO to an impromptu match and KO ran to the ring, and the two brawled. Samoa Joe then joined KO in beating down Jericho. Sami Zayn then came in with a chair and he and Jericho eventually cleared the ring of Joe and KO.

Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn

KO defeated Zayn by pin fall.

WWE Cruiserweight Championship: Champion Neville vs Rich Swan

Neville retained his title by submission.

After the match, Austin Aries interviewed Neville as the crowd were chanting for Aries. Neville said no one was at his level and Aries pointed out that the audience disagreed with him. Neville then insulted Aries and told him to go back to the commentary table. He claimed the ring was his and told Aries to get out before he attacked him. Aries kept telling Neville he was only there to do his job and he had a question to ask him. However, he said it was a statement and Aries attacked Neville and drove him from the ring.

Goldberg

Goldberg came out to a mixed reaction. The crowd began chanting for CM Punk and Paul Heyman came out to interrupt. He then said his only point to being there was to introduce Brock Lesnar. Lesnar circled the ring. Heyman admitted that Brock Lesnar was man enough to shake Goldberg's hand but after the title match, Lesnar would then be champion and Goldberg would be his bitch. Lesnar than picked Goldberg up and F'5ed him. He then left the ring.

WWE Raw Tag Team Championship: Champions Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson vs Enzo and Cass

Cesaro came into the ring to hit Enzo, and ended up hitting Karl Anderson instead. Therefore, Enzo and Cass were eliminated and a brawl broke out in the ring.

Ariya Daivari vs Akira Tazawa

Tazawa defeated Daivari by pin fall. After the match, Tazawa challenged Brian Kendrick to fight. Kendrick came out and said he'd have an answer for him tomorrow on 205 Live.

The Shining Stars vs The New Day

The New Day won by pin fall.

Women's Champion Situation

Bayley came out and talked about her win. Sasha came out and asked for the WrestleMania match. Bayley and Mick Foley both agreed. Charlotte came out and complained that she was cheated out of her belt and a rematch. Stephanie came out and belittled Mick and said Charlotte would be getting the match at Mania. Mick proposed that next week, Sasha and Charlotte compete for the right to face Bayley at Mania. Stephanie said that instead, Sasha would have to earn her way into the match by beating Bayley, thus making the Mania match a triple threat. She also announced the match as happening right away.

Bayley vs Sasha Banks: If Sasha wins, she joins the Charlotte vs Bayley WrestleMania match

Charlotte interfered to keep Sasha from winning, but it backfired and Banks got Bayley in the bank statement and Bayley tapped out. After the match, Charlotte took out both Banks and Bayley.

Samoa Joe vs Chris Jericho

Samoa Joe defeated Chris Jericho by count out.

Braun Strowman Calls Out Roman Reigns

Strowman called out Reigns but Undertaker came out instead. Before Undertaker could talk, Roman Reigns also came out. Strowman then left the ring. Roman Reigns came out then and tried to tell the Undertaker it was his yard. Taker chokeslammed Roman and then left the ring to monstrous cheers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grievous 3D

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
6.5/10

Better show than Fast Lane that was a purdy decent Raw now that they are pushing forward storylines. Also the Cruiserweights, WHEN YOU GIVE THEM TIME THEY PUT ON GOOD MATCHES! NEVILLE VS SWANN WAS PURDY GOOD!

But with Taker vs Roman I am mixed on it for various reasons. The gripes are A: Undertaker's health and I am worried how much he may get hurt with this match B: The fact that they may want it to be a passing of the torch but if Roman beats Undertaker, he's going to get boo'ed for quite some time. C: I'm not sure if this match will be good or not. Undertaker's past three mania matches have not been his best. At 30 it was boring until the end, Wyatt vs Taker was solid, but not near the bar which was set by previous matches, and last year's match was slow.

We'll see how it goes...

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Just saw a few recaps. The Brock thing was good. The Undertaker thing was cool. Still confused about the women's belt and why Sasha is involved in this... Uggg.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I'm pretty pumped for Taker vs Reigns though. It feels like the biggest match on the card.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
~ While I'd rather KO still be the Universal Champion...I'm sure Jericho & Owens
will give us plenty of highlights in the next 4 weeks and a great match at Wrestlemania
for the United States title.

Sadly it feels like a consolation for KO...I hope he gets that Universal title back in the
next couple of years.

Samoa Joe appears...KO and Joe attack Jericho...Sami Zayn comes out for the save...
Okay...moving on...

~ KO vs. Sami Zayn...again...Jesus H. Christ...Stop it!

~ So King Neville continues to reign with another win and Austin Aries finally makes
a move...Nice. I'm kind of hoping for a multi-man ladder match at Mania...but I could
handle King Neville vs. Double AA.

~ I don't care about Enzo & Sheamus...can Big Cass and Cesaro get singles pushes?

~ I don't care about Lesnar & Goldberg...Heyman annoys me,,,but hey...Goldberg
finally took a bump.

~ I don't give a shit about Gallows & Anderson or Enzo & Cass or Sheamus & Cesaro...next!

~ I don't care about Tozawa or Daivari...next!

~ Its the New Day...NEXT!!!

~ Okay...Mick Foley is in the ring...so already I'm annoyed...Bayley is out next and...I hate her...
I actually hate Bayley now. Blah, Blah, Blah...Sasha comes out...Blah, Blah, Blah...Sasha wants
a shot...Foley wants to give it to her...Cue my Bae, my Amazon, my Goddess Charlotte who comes
out with the blonde botch monkey Dana Brooke.

I agree...Charlotte was robbed...and Sasha is clearly corrupting and using Bayley...which I'm fine
with because I hate Bayley now...Stephanie is out next...and the crowd is chanting for some loser
who took his ball and went home...I don't care...so...it was Bayley vs. Sasha at Wrestlemania...
then Bayley vs. Charlotte at Wrestlemania...and then if Sasha defeats Bayley now...it becomes
a triple threat match at Mania.

So...even though Charlotte & Dana tried to interfere...Sasha made Bayley tap out like a bitch...
and then Charlotte laid out both Sasha & Bayley...

Wow...way to make Bayley look like a strong & credible champion...she defeats Charlotte twice
thanks to Sasha then taps out like a wimp on RAW...

Okay...at the moment we have a triple threat match at Wrestlemania with no sign of Nia Jax...

This is how I'd book it...
~ A Triple Threat Ladder Match...
~ During the match Emma comes out and attacks Charlotte, Dana Brooke then turns on the Queen
and helps Emma take Charlotte out of the match...
~ Sasha cheats to win the belt and the next night on RAW turns full heel...
~ Charlotte moves into a feud with Emma & Dana leading to the return of Summer Rae who teams
up with Charlotte...

But who the fuck even knows at this point...

~ Ugh...Roman Reigns...SKIP!

~ Triple H interview...I don't care...

~ A 3 minute count out victory to Samoa Joe over Jericho...Ugh...

~ Out comes Big McLargeHuge...he calls out Roman...Taker appears...Strowman leaves the ring...
(that was an interesting interaction between Taker & Strowman...like a sign of respect...I liked that)
Roman Reigns comes out...Taker chokeslams Roman...the end of show...

So...why couldn't that happen last night at Fastlane?

Ugh...whatever...I don't care...

Last edited:
Reactions: Just Kevin

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
~ While I'd rather KO still be the Universal Champion...I'm sure Jericho & Owens
will give us plenty of highlights in the next 4 weeks and a great match at Wrestlemania
for the United States title.

Sadly it feels like a consolation for KO...I hope he gets that Universal title back in the
next couple of years.

Samoa Joe appears...KO and Joe attack Jericho...Sami Zayn comes out for the save...
Okay...moving on...

~ KO vs. Sami Zayn...again...Jesus H. Christ...Stop it!

~ So King Neville continues to reign with another win and Austin Aries finally moves
a move...Nice. I'm kind of hoping for a multi-man ladder match at Mania...but I could
handle King Neville vs. Double AA.

~ I don't care about Enzo & Sheamus...can Big Cass and Cesaro get singles pushes?

~ I don't care about Lesnar & Goldberg...Heyman annoys me,,,but hey...Goldberg
finally took a bump.

~ I don't give a shit about Gallows & Anderson or Enzo & Cass or Sheamus & Cesaro...next!

~ I don't care about Tozawa or Daivari...next!

~ Its the New Day...NEXT!!!

~ Okay...Mick Foley is in the ring...so already I'm annoyed...Bayley is out next and...I hate her...
I actually hate Bayley now. Blah, Blah, Blah...Sasha comes out...Blah, Blah, Blah...Sasha wants
a shot...Foley wants to give it to her...Cue my Bae, my Amazon, my Goddess Charlotte who comes
out with the blonde botch monkey Dana Brooke.

I agree...Charlotte was robbed...and Sasha is clearly corrupting and using Bayley...which I'm fine
with because I hate Bayley now...Stephanie is out next...and the crowd is chanting for some loser
who took his ball and went home...I don't care...so...it was Bayley vs. Sasha at Wrestlemania...
then Bayley vs. Charlotte at Wrestlemania...and then if Sasha defeats Bayley now...it becomes
a triple threat match at Mania.

So...even though Charlotte & Dana tried to interfere...Sasha made Bayley tap out like a bitch...
and then Charlotte laid out both Sasha & Bayley...

Wow...way to make Bayley look like a strong & credible champion...she defeats Charlotte twice
thanks to Sasha then taps out like a wimp on RAW...

Okay...at the moment we have a triple threat match at Wrestlemania with no sign of Nia Jax...

This is how I'd book it...
~ A Triple Threat Ladder Match...
~ During the match Emma comes out and attacks Charlotte, Dana Brooke then turns on the Queen
and helps Emma take Charlotte out of the match...
~ Sasha cheats to win the belt and the next night on RAW turns full heel...
~ Charlotte moves into a feud with Emma & Dana leading to the return of Summer Rae who teams
up with Charlotte...

But who the fuck even knows at this point...

~ Ugh...Roman Reigns...SKIP!

~ Triple H interview...I don't care...

~ A 3 minute count out victory to Samoa Joe over Jericho...Ugh...

~ Out comes Big McLargeHuge...he calls out Roman...Taker appears...Strowman leaves the ring...
(that was an interesting interaction between Taker & Strowman...like a sign of respect...I liked that)
Roman Reigns comes out...Taker chokeslams Roman...the end of show...

So...why couldn't that happen last night at Fastlane?

Ugh...whatever...I don't care...

I have to be honest and say I don't find the majority of your posts entertaining... but this one made me smile. Very good assessment of the show and all it's key moments.

I gave the show a 7/10.. the Goldberg/Lesnar interaction and the Taker/Reigns interaction was enough to get that score... everything else was thrown together drivel again.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Better show than Fast Lane
WWE always does that after a PPV to try to make up for how they sucked.... the only problem is they don't change anything major, Goldberg still has Kevin Owen's belt & Roman is still stinking up the card with the other WM matches that make zero sense.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
RAW was decent. 6/10

The first hour was strong and they did some nice things to advance feuds/storylines heading into Mania, but the second and the third hour were underwhelming.

Sure, they did accomplish some things and weren't downright awful, but they dropped in quality and dragged. Still, it was a better show than Fastlane.

Positives:

- The opening segment with Y2J and KO was really good. It's a damn shame the Universal title is no longer attached to the feud, but Y2J and KO told their stories perfectly. I also liked the fact that they added Joe and Zayn into the mix, it makes sense considering what's happened in the past with 'em and what's going on with 'em in the present.

- KO vs Zayn was solid and served its purpose of rehabbing KO after his loss to freakin' Goldberg. And even though KO/Zayn can never disappoint, I don't really dig the fact that Zayn's constantly being used as that fall guy.

- Neville vs Swann was pretty good and MOTN. Now, this is the type of matches the CW division needs to be having. Brisk pacing, high flying and a sense of urgency. Neville and Swann put on a really good and fun match. Also, loved the post-match segment with Neville/Aries and Aries finally entering the CW division!

- I don't care about Lesnar vs Goldberg III, but I was glad to see Lesnar deliver an F5 on Goldberg.

- Tozawa vs Daivari was OK given the time constraint.

- HHH's promo was OK, I guess.

- Joe vs Y2J was decent and the finish worked, as well as the post-match stuff when Y2J got some revenge by hitting a Codebreaker.

- The closing segment was alright. Seeing Taker and Strowman face-to-face was quite the image and I still feel it would've been better if Strowman won at Fastlane via Taker interference, but oh well. Then, Roman came out to get Chokeslammed by Taker for claiming this is "his yard now". And there we go, Taker vs Reigns is official. This is gonna work well if Reigns is a heel. And he ain't getting over at Mania as a face once the whole passing of the torch deal is over. He's gonna get booed out of the building. Vince might think it'll get him over, much like he thinks that when Reigns defeats Lesnar for the Universal title will get him over, but it won't. Just turn him heel already, FFS.

Negatives:
- Everything else.

t4terrific

Reaction score
Seeing Goldberg get the F5 and Reigns get the choke slam was worth the watch.

Goldberg was too dumb to drop the belt when Lesnar snatched him up.

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
"Undertaker and Reigns is set in stone"

Ice-Cube-Confused-With-A-Brainless-Stare_408x408.jpg

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
The Taker/Reigns match could be one of the worst in Mania history...
not because of the performers...mainly because most people don't
want it.

If Vince thinks Roman winning clean over Taker will help...its time to wheel
him off to an Aged Care Facility.

If Roman wins clean the crowd will shit all over the match and boo Reigns
out of the building...whether Undertaker raises Roman's hand at the end
or not. I wouldn't put it past the audience to start throwing garbage into
the ring...in fact...I hope that happens...

Try and edit/fix that reaction Kevin Dunn!

Now if Roman turns heel...well...that might work...but...I don't see it happening...