Rate Raw 01/16/2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate this week's Raw!

• 0/10

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 1/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2/10

• 3/10

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 4/10

• 5/10

• 6/10

• 7/10

• 8/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This week's RAW a tiny bit better than last week's show, as in it wasn't such a bloody chore to watch, but still, far from a good show. 4/10

Man, the build-up towards the Rumble, as far as RAW goes, has been so meh and underwhelming, which makes me think the PPV itself will be good.

Usually when the build-up towards the PPV is good (Roadblock: End of the Line springs to mind as the latest example), the PPV itself tends to suck.

So, with that said, I think the Rumble won't disappoint despite its build-up lacking fire and a sense of urgency.

Anyways, these were the highlights of the show for me:

- The opening segment was good. All the top names brawling to send each other a message was fun.
I've got two minor complaints, though:
1. Sami Zayn should've been kept out till the Rumble, so that when his music hits and he goes right after Strowman, the reaction towards him is thunderous.
2. So, Rollins seems to have forgotten about his vendetta with HHH again? And where was HHH last night, he sent out a tweet after the UKCT ended that he'd be on RAW and he didn't show up. Oh, well.

- Cesaro & Sheamus vs Gallows & Anderson was good. The screwy finish keeps the feud going and I'm fine with that.

- No authority figures on the show, especially Stephanie. Big thumbs up.

- It was great to hear that Kurt Angle will be going into the Hall of Fame this year!

- Strowman & JeriKO vs Zayn, Rollins & Reigns was a pretty good and fun ME. The post-match stuff was good, too!

As for everything else on the show, I didn't care for most of it and I still skip women's division segments.

The go-home show is next week, so here's to hoping it's a good one.

Reactions: alexb

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I thought it was better than previous weeks episodes to be honest.. still nothing special though.. 5/10 for the Monday night show from me.

Gembo

The Showoff
Reaction score
I didn't really mind it to be honest, I'd probably give it 6/10, I know I'm in the minority, and there were some bad points, but the opening was great, they announced Kurt angle's hall of fame induction, and, I know I tend to defend Bayley and say she should be given some more time to improve and develop, but I don't think the bit with her and Charlotte was bad. I'll give credit to Charlotte, I usually end up rooting for the heels, but she made me actually root against her and want to see Bayley win the title. You can tell Bayley still has to improve on the mic, but I think she's improving week-by-week

TheAceOne

The Artiste
Reaction score
It was a good show. The tag titles match, and the main event, being the most entertaining matches. Overall, I give it an eight.

Side notes from the past few weeks
* I really like Jericho as the U.S champion. Well deserved.
* I'm so excited to have The Undertaker in the Royal Rumble match