Rate AEW Dynamite! 10/23/2019

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
RATE AEW DYNAMITE.png

Hello and welcome to the only show where a superstar winning in their home town isnt some kind of rare supernatural phenomenon....

....ITS AEW DYNAMITE.....

Hello everyone welcome to the rate and recap for AEW Dynamite! as always rate in the poll above share your thoughts below...as i recap AEW Dynamite!

Lucha Bros VS Private Party

I only saw part of the match, as i had tech issues, but from what i saw this was a fantastic way to start the show, these two teams are fantastic and they always put on a great match, ima obviously have to rewatch it later, but overal fantastic.

SCU VS The Dark Order

I still dont care much about the dark order, so hopefully this match turns my thought son them around.

I still doesnt care much for them, but this was a great match, fantastic, SCU went over with the pin, Jericho and the inner circle came out with tickets and enjoyed the match, it was great,

SO we got duel screen action and they show somethign from earlier today, but we cant hear it so why show it? anyway we got Joey Janela comin out for his match against kenny.

They show a recap of their match on AEW dark which i still need to see.

Kenny Omega VS Joey Janela

As i watch this match, it turns out joey can actually wrestle, and wrestle pretty good, hes not just a hardcore match guy, hes got skill and talent even in a normal match which is great, him and kenny had a crazy match last week, and now they are having a great match tonight, huge props to joey for having a great wrestling match.

This was a fantastic match, might even be my match of the night,

Cody Rhodes has a chat

So cody comes out to chat and the inner circle are taunting him with air horns not letting him speak, and it leads to cody bringing out dustin and MJF and DDP and they go up the stairs and jerricho and the rest of the inner circule hide sbehind a glass door, mjf gives cody his scarff, ]wraps it around his fist and he punchs right through it gets through and a huge brawl inssues, its a fantastic moment and brawl.

Best Friends VS The Young Bucks

Orange cassidy is hilarious and hes so over its kinda crazy.

THis was another fantastic match, the young bucks and the best friends are great teams, orange cassidy just added to the match and made it even better. Youg Bucks got the pin and accept L.A.X.s challenge for a match at Full Gear

Jamie Haytor VS Brit Baker

Brit Baker gets a huge pop as it sin her home town, welcome to brittsburge everyone

This was a decent match, brit baker went over ofcourse which is good.

And now time for the main event.

Jon Moxley VS PAC

THis was a really good match that ended in a draw, it wasnt my favorite match on the show, but still it was fantastic

And thats the show! have a great night!

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
8/10

Really good show, but they need to start having guys like Omega and Moxley talk some more to hype the feud.

Some solid matches on the show, a lot of tag matches.. Clearly AEW will be huge for tag team wrestling.. Jericho and Cody's segment stole the show, one of the best segments I've seen in a while. It was brilliant.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
8 this week. It was great but I have only given 9s, and the show jumped in already under way and the first match had a few very obvious mis steps. Nothing major though. Other than that the show was fantastic!

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score
10/10

This was absolutely amazing. Best AEW episode so far. I gave a 10 to the premiere one as well but it was basically a 9 with a +1 because premieres aren’t usually that good. But this episode is a legitamate, upfront 10/10. They nailed it in every way.

The first tag team match was one of the best tag matches I’ve ever seen on a weekly show. Lucha bros and Private Party both are class A teams and this was their absolute prime. The match was so dynamic, well worked, moves were versatile and very well executed - it honestly reminded me of some of the NJPW ppv matches. I prefered to see Private Party win but the other choice is objectively right too.

Britt Baker vs Jamie was honestly better than that Women’s title match with a woman and a man. Britt is underrated. Her character work is awesome, ring skills decent and she was quite good in this match. I was surprised to see that English chick being almost equally as good. She’s a good heel and has a good future. I prefer them both over Riho and Nylo Rose by far.

Cody crew vs The Inner Circle segment was priceless. It didn’t even look like something from 2019. Quality of that promo is off the hooks. Like WCW heated feuds in the golden days. The feud of Jericho vs Cody by itself isn’t THAT much spectacular but this showoff raised it’s hype significantly.

The Young Bucks vs The Best Friends was a class A match too. Both presentation-wise and the plain wrestling. There wasn’t a single botch in that match, all was good moves put well together in a fine script. I again prefered the other team to win but it wasn’t a bad decision this way either.

Kenny Omega vs Joey Janela was very good too. It wasn’t ppv quality or something like that but I give it a thumbs up. Kenny looked brilliant as always.

Pac vs Moxx was main event quality indeed. I actually like how it ended. Gimmicked tv time expiration that made it undetermined yet who is a better wrestler. These two have a good chemistry for a feud, a very good one. The match by itself kicked ass but I prefered the story behind it, the showoff and well rounded hate and/or rivalry chemistry these two have. It’s like their character works naturally go against each other.

General impression: not only that almost all we’ve seen in-ring was a great show but the storylines, gimmicks, points behind all of them give them a meaning. They are absolutely killing it with the promo side too even though they still don’t pay awful amount of attention to them which is a good thing. The Inner Circle, Brittsburgh angle, Cody’s connection with the fans, tag teams with killer character work, commentary that is genuinelly entertaining and so on.

The Inner Circle in this episode seemed like NWO during the WCW invasion days. It was an entertaining sidedish to the show.

Keep up the great work AEW.