Rashad Evans Won't Wait For Title Shot Again, According to His Manager

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
gyi0060588868_large.jpg
A lot of fans and media members have been critical of Rashad Evans' decision to wait for a title shot last year. When Mauricio Rua went down with a knee injury last year, Evans could have fought someone else while he waited. He didn't, and ended up getting hurt himself while preparing for the long-awaited title bout. Rashad's manager Glenn Robinson was a guest on MMA Weekly Radio recently, and said that if the situation were to happen again, Evans wouldn't choose the same path:

"Rashad’s committed to fighting. If the title shot was a year away, I’m sure Rashad would take another fight. He’s not going to put his career on hold a year, but we don’t anticipate that being the case. I hope that’s not the case. Rashad would like to fight for the title next. But like and reality are always two different things. If the reality is that he can’t, he’ll still go out there and he’ll fight. You stack ‘em up and he’ll knock ‘em down. It don’t matter who the opponent is."

He believes that his client will get his title shot next and will face the winner of the Jon Jones vs. Quinton Jackson bout at UFC 135, but he isn't going to wait around for it:

"Hopefully, it will be for the title shot and he’ll get his opportunity to reclaim what belongs to him," Robinson stated. "If some reason the fight is delayed to a point where he has to take another opponent, he’ll take another opponent. The title shot is his first choice, it is his first desire, but more so that anything he wants to fight."

Evans will apparently be in attendance at UFC 135, and could possibly come into the cage and challenge the winner. If the winner did come out of the fight injured though, would Rashad really take another fight, despite what his manager says? Personally, I find it hard to believe.