Rashad Evans Won't Return To Jackson's, Even After Jon Jones Fight

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
GYI0060597872.jpg
Rashad Evans' rivalry with Jon Jones involves a lot of animosity toward former trainer Greg Jackson. Rashad feels that the spirit of "family" that comes along with being a part of Jackson's was tainted when Jones won the UFC light heavyweight championship following an Evans injury and then said publicly that he would be willing to fight Evans when the two were currently training together. This led to Rashad leaving Jackson's, a camp where Jones continues to train.

Now, Evans is making it clear that he has no intention of going back to Jackson's, even after the fight with Jones. Via MMA Weekly:

"No, I don't think I'm ever going to train back at the Jackson camp," Evans said recently. "I will go back to Albuquerque (N.M.) at Mean 1, at Keith (Jardine's) gym, but the things at Jackson's camp, they're just different now. It's not the same no more."

"Back in the day, it was like we were all family. We were really tight with each other. But now it's gotten so commercial, Greg is always gone all over the place, and it's just not family no more. It's too transient. You can pay a certain amount of money and you can come and live at the Jackson camp and it just got so transient, you'd see so many different faces come and go. It's just not the same place as before," Evans stated.

But if there's one thing we know about the fight game, it's never say never.

It wouldn't shock me to see Jackson in Rashad's corner somewhere down the road should he decide that Jackson's guidance gives him the best chance to win.