Rashad Evans vs Tito Ortiz at 133

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Dana White confirmed the news via his twitter account saying, “Get ready philly for Rashad Evans vs Tito Ortiz!!! Aug 6th LIVE on PPV at the Wells Fargo Center!!!!!!â€￾ This is really exciting news for fight fans and fans of Tito Ortiz.

Dana went on to add that Tito was no longer on the hot seat career wise and he’d remain in the UFC win or lose at UFC 133. Furthermore Dana reported that Tito would be “In the mixâ€￾ with a victory over Rashad Evans. So it seems like with a win over Evans, Tito could be one fight away from a title shot and the ability to once again wear the Light Heavyweight championship belt.

Also Dana White said Lyoto Machida agreed to take the fight, but asked for more money after the agreement. In fact Dana was quoted as saying Machida asked for “Anderson Silva moneyâ€￾, and was flatly turned down. How this development will affect Lyoto’s relationship with the UFC will remain to be seen.

Credit: MMALover.com

This fight is going to be insane, i would've preferred Machida and Rashad but Tito and Rashad should be a pretty good fight, i didn't think that Tito would step up and take the fight, especially because he just had a fight at 132 either way i can't wait for this fight. I'll be pulling for Rashad.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Tito pretty much just living off his name at this point. Can't see him ever being as he should be again and I think Evans will win this fight easily.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Oh for sure, i belive in Evans 120 percent.

And also, why is the MMA/Boxing section so dead? like i noticed so i started posting some stuff but still i'd love for this section of the site to be alot more active.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Not a lot of MMA fans on here as far as I know. I like it, Ben does and I think a few others. and boxing yeah the sport itself is dead so not surprised, lol.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Well yeah, boxing is dead haha.

And i love MMA, watching it, talking about it, following the fighters. But yeah i assumed there wasn't many fans of it on here, which sucks but it's alright hah.

I'll try to post some stuff on here every now and then maybe it will generate some kind of conversation between the people who follow the sport.

Ben

Reaction score
Yea I used to keep the section pretty active just been busy latley, but its nice to see another MMA fan to fight with. I hate Tito so hopefully he gets smashed here...and we get to see Rashard/Bones next.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I'd love to see that fight, those are my two favorite fighters in that weight class. I think Jones would wreck Rashad but it would still be a great fight, especially if the title was on the line.