Rashad Evans Thinks Jon Jones Might Fake an Injury to Get Out of Fighting Him

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
GYI0060588868.jpg
Rashad Evans is starting to build his upcoming UFC light heavyweight title fight with champion Jon Jones already. As most people know by now, Evans and Jones are former teammates that had a falling out, which led Rashad to move to Imperial Athletics in Florida. The two were supposed to meet at UFC 133, but Jones suffered a thumb injury and couldn't take the fight. Now Evans thinks he might come up with another convenient injury to avoid facing him again (via Pro MMA Radio):

"I just want to fight this dude bad. Jon knows what I can do to him. Do you think that Jon pulled out of the first fight because he was confident? No! He was afraid, and watch him try to pull out of this fight too. Watch him be like 'Oh my foot is hurt' or something like that to try and get out of this fight to try and make me fight somebody else. When it comes down to it, the kid, he doesn’t want it."

Jones was suspended for 180 days by the Colorado Athletic Commission after UFC 135, but Dana White recently stated that Jones suffered no significant injuries and just had a sore calf, which leads to believe that he would be released from his suspension early. He also said that he'd like to give both fighters "some time to rest and a little break", so it's unlikely we're going to see this bout in the next few months. Still though, Rashad appears to be in promotion mode already. Jones said in his UFC 135 post-fight interview that he wasn't going to do much talking in the leadup to this bout, but we'll have to see if that is actually true or not. The first shot has been fired.