Rashad Evans Talks UFC 133, Tito Ortiz

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
GYI0060588868_large.jpg
Rashad Evans did a short interview segment for UFC.com where he talks about his position in the sport, and his main event fight with Tito Ortiz at UFC 133 on August 6th in Philadelphia. The clip is short but it gives a bunch of insight into what he expects out of Tito, and where he thinks he holds advantages. Here's what he had to say:

"Everybody wants to be where I'm at. I wanna be fighting for the belt and they wanna be fighting for the belt. So when you get to this position, it's a dog eat dog world. Everybody wants to be the top dog. And no matter who I go against, they're always going to try to come and try to get at me."

"I'm confident no matter where this fight goes, I'm going to destroy him. There's no doubt in my mind I will defeat Tito Ortiz. That I know for sure. As sure as my next breath, I'm going to defeat Tito Ortiz."

"I think Tito's gonna try to get me down. I think he'll try to get me down, put me on my back, do a little bit of ground and pound. That was his game plan in the first fight and I think he's going to try to do it again this fight but I'm not a puppy anymore. I'm a big dog in the game now. It's not going to be the same."

"I'm that much faster than him. As long as I keep my movement going and keep using my speed, I think that he should be a couple steps behind me. He's going to be making a mistake even stepping into the cage with me, let alone try and stand with me."

You can catch the whole video after the jump.