Rap-Up TV: Aubrey O’Day Explores Solo Career After Danity Kane

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score
Aubrey O’Day may still be getting over being “fired†by Diddy on national television, but that hasn’t stopped her from pursuing a solo career. In Part 2 of our interview with the “All About Aubrey†star, she explores life after Danity Kane and reveals what we can expect from her solo debut. “You’re gonna see a lot of club, dance tracks. A lot of what Danity Kane would have put on a third album,†Aubrey told Rap-Up TV. “I actually went to a place beyond that, which I wasn’t even expecting to find, which is finding my own solo niche.â€

One song she recorded is an emotional ballad called “Goodbye Heartbreak.†“That really was me letting go of my past and voicing what I have been feeling for a very long time and where I hope to go from that feeling,†she explained. “I hope that it can inspire anyone that’s had a lot of heartbreak in their past to let go of it and find a better place on their own.â€

Aubrey, who is very involved with the writing process, has been in the studio with Young Money’s Shanell and the producers who worked on Danity Kane’s albums. At first she decided to go in an ’80s direction, but soon found herself gravitating toward a “’90s retro sound.†“I really want to push the standards and stay true to who I am as a person.â€

Fans will get to see her reunite with fellow Danity Kane alum Aundrea to record a song. The making of their collaboration will be documented on an upcoming episode of her reality show.

[youtube]QohZCkciw5g[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
Aubrey O’Day Signs Solo Deal, Readies Debut Single

Aubrey O’Day is ready to fly solo. The former Danity Kane diva has inked a record deal and is prepping the release of her debut single.

After two successful albums with the female group, the blonde bombshell will release her solo effort on SRC/Universal Motown, home to Asher Roth and Melanie Fiona. She has recorded at least 50 songs, including the electro-charged lead single “Automatic,” produced by DK collaborator Adonis.

The star of Oxygen’s “All About Aubrey” explained that the club banger is a sign of the times. “‘Automatic’ is the right fit for where music is headed now,” she told Billboard. “It’s a pop-dance track, but I wanted to go in the club and write a song about not having to put on all the glamour and the glitz.”

With her reality show inviting fans inside her world, Aubrey revealed that her as-yet-untitled solo release will be in line with what her former group would have recorded.

“You’re gonna see a lot of club, dance tracks. A lot of what Danity Kane would have put on a third album,” she previously told Rap-Up TV. “I really want to push the standards and stay true to who I am as a person.”

“Automatic” will hit iTunes on April 12, the day after her show wraps its first season.

Kairi

Reaction score
New Music: Aubrey O’Day – ‘Automatic’

After being fired by Diddy, Aubrey O’Day goes at it alone on “Automatic,” the first single from her forthcoming solo debut, due on SRC Records/Universal Motown. The former Danity Kane diva debuted the song live last year, but the electro-pop party anthem was officially released to iTunes following the season finale of her Oxygen reality show “All About Aubrey.”

“It’s the first song I recorded for my solo project because I wanted to represent all the people who don’t feel the need to go all out to get attention,” stated Aubrey of the Adonis production. “This song is for everyone who automatically commands attention whenever they walk into a room! Everything they do is ‘Automatic’!”

How does Aubrey fare without the rest of the girls? You be the judge.

[youtube]svMqoMfSXpg[/youtube]